Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Let's put things into perspective

What up my fellow Viking fans! I have been a long time follower of the forum, first time poster. I have been a Viking fan for as long as I can remember. One of the saddest days of my life was the 1998 NFC championship game (close second 2009). One of the happiest days of my life was when we drafted AD (steal of the draft even at pick seven).
    Having said this being a fan like many of you I have had to live with disappointment. Even after all this, after reading all of your posts during this season, I would like to say one thing during this tough stretch. Look at the positives. Before the season started if you told me we would have six wins with 4 games left I would have been ecstatic. I feel the great start we got off to was a curse. It gave us unrealistic expectations for the team we have.
    Ponder as of lately has been very disappointing. Yet, I feel bad judging him before we get more around him. We need a true number one receiver, better guards (Charlie sucks), and a better OC would not hurt either. Can we get a slant Bill? I feel a few more good drafts by Spielman and company will help us greatly. If we can improve Ponders weapons and he still struggles then I agree time to move on.
    In conclusion I would like to say let's enjoy the little things. Let's be happy we already doubled our win total. Let's be happy our pass defense has improved this year. We need to continue to see things in a positive light and keep things in perspective. SKOL Vikes4Life!!!

vCash
    Good post man, and I totally agree with everything you said. I say stick with Ponder and bring in competition next year, all along giving Webb every chance he can get. Put Webb in though if Ponder has another game like this last one. After his second pick Webb needs to go in in any of the games here on out. We did double our win total this year but last year some would say that we were WAY WAY better then that record stated and that we are WAY WAY WAY better than our current record is, so it hurts and overreactions begin. We will be way more fun to watch next year and I can wait to see what another Spielman draft looks like.

vCash
    Thanks for posting. I agree. Put Web in to change things up -- should have done it Sunday -- but he is not the starter, Ponder is and should be. We should have molded Web as WR in the off-season and kept Sage R. behind Ponder as a mentor and the QB if/when necessary. Right now, I'd get rid of Head coach and OC before I'd dump Ponder.

vCash
    I agree with you on getting rid of Musgrave. His play calling really is awful. I do however completely disagree about getting rid of Frazier. He has done an amazing job all year of keeping this team together. During the packer game when they went down the field easily on us the first possession and scored, that is a game where many years the Vikings would have laid down and gotten blown out. If you think about it our game plan was fantastic. Play cover two, rush four, don't give up the big play and pound the rock. We lost because of ponders mistakes plain and simple. If Frazier has done anything wrong as a head coach it's hiring Musgrave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vike4Life8790 View Post
    What up my fellow Viking fans! I have been a long time follower of the forum, first time poster. I have been a Viking fan for as long as I can remember. One of the saddest days of my life was the 1998 NFC championship game (close second 2009). One of the happiest days of my life was when we drafted AD (steal of the draft even at pick seven).
    Having said this being a fan like many of you I have had to live with disappointment. Even after all this, after reading all of your posts during this season, I would like to say one thing during this tough stretch. Look at the positives. Before the season started if you told me we would have six wins with 4 games left I would have been ecstatic. I feel the great start we got off to was a curse. It gave us unrealistic expectations for the team we have.
    Ponder as of lately has been very disappointing. Yet, I feel bad judging him before we get more around him. We need a true number one receiver, better guards (Charlie sucks), and a better OC would not hurt either. Can we get a slant Bill? I feel a few more good drafts by Spielman and company will help us greatly. If we can improve Ponders weapons and he still struggles then I agree time to move on.
    In conclusion I would like to say let's enjoy the little things. Let's be happy we already doubled our win total. Let's be happy our pass defense has improved this year. We need to continue to see things in a positive light and keep things in perspective. SKOL Vikes4Life!!!

I used to think this before Sunday's game. I have lost all faith in Ponder at this point. when you are in the 4th quarter with only 38 yds passing that is a huge red flag. Not to mention he has had a couple other games where he finished with under 80 yds passing or whatever. These are lows that not even T-jack stooped to. Its not like we can even say he is football smart either because he has made some very bad decisions/throws that have cost us points and wins. His arm strength is suspect at best and it seems like he puts way to much loft under his throws. I like the kid and have really been pulling for him all year. But, sunday tipped me over the edge. He has the rest of the season to show something so lets hope he proves me wrong.

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    I used to think this before Sunday's game. I have lost all faith in Ponder at this point. when you are in the 4th quarter with only 38 yds passing that is a huge red flag. Not to mention he has had a couple other games where he finished with under 80 yds passing or whatever. These are lows that not even T-jack stooped to. Its not like we can even say he is football smart either because he has made some very bad decisions/throws that have cost us points and wins. His arm strength is suspect at best and it seems like he puts way to much loft under his throws. I like the kid and have really been pulling for him all year. But, sunday tipped me over the edge. He has the rest of the season to show something so lets hope he proves me wrong.
    Last Sunday just really threw me over the edge too. Ponder literally threw the game away against the Packers. Picking up a game at Lambeau wouldn't have just been huge for out playoff hopes, but just as a fan base in general. I don't care who is on the field for WR's let look at a quick stat from the 2007 Vikings.

In 2007 we finished 8 and 8 and our WR core was Aundrae Allison (Burton), Troy Williamson (Simpson), Bobby Wade (Wright / Harvin), and Shiancoe (Rudolph).I ask anyone to challenge me how that is any worse than our wideouts this year who are in parenthesis. But the fact of the matter is T-Jack had two poor passing performances of 72 and 63 yards, the key is that he did not throw any interceptions in these games. Other than those two games T-Jack averaged around 170 yards passing a game. With the way Ponder is playing it is very very scary to see that stat.

vCash
    When you roll with a young QB you are going to have problems. Yes, some players like Luck, RG3 and to an extent Wilson are having very good seasons as rookies, but that is not the norm. If you aren't willing to wait and see how any QB develops then I suggest you don't watch a game until the starting QB has at least 3 years experience. But even that may not be enough.

It seems like whining and complaining is all a fan base does in today's times. Yes it sucks that our team is losing and that we have never won a super bowl but that isn't what matters. What matters is that we even have the opportunity to enjoy something like an NFL game. Spend time enjoying life, you will probably complain a lot less.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!