Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Desean Jackson - WR1? You decide.

Lots of discussion going on in the a eagles forum involving Desean Jackson and where he ranks with WR's throughout the NFL. My question is, and there's 2 actually:

1. - is Desean a true #1 WR, and where do you rank him throughout the rest if the league.

2. - who is the better "true" WR, Desean or Maclin? Playmaking attributes aside, only focusing on the WR ability of each, who would you rather have?

Thanks for the help guys.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Maclin is the better "true" WR. Desean is not a true #1, he's a home run hitter/playmaker with the ball in his hands but not a true #1.

Playmaking attributes are part of what makes a person a number ! WR. You take that away and most number 1's are just possession wrs. Neither are top 5 Calvin Johnason type #1's, but Jackson scares and makes defenses adjust opening up other things Maclin does not. It is Jackson.

Jackson is better than Maclin...if this was a schoolyard pick em...jackson def. goes first....maclin has benefited from deseans presence and defenses paying attention to him

2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

I'm more afraid of D-Jax.

I think Jackson would make a bad *** Slot receiver. I think the Eagles still have to find their true #1 WR.

I would go with Jackson, but not a true #1.

The question is who is a better "WR".

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    The question is who is a better "WR".
    You mean a wide out as in somebody that plays outside the numbers? If so then I don't think Jackson is technically a wide out but rather a slot receiver and one of the best slot receivers too. Maclin I guess would be the better "true WR" but I think that's something that Philly is missing. They need a real wide out and a red zone threat. A guy like Hackeem Nicks would compliment the rest of the receiving core perfectly.

He's not a true #1. He's like Crabtree. They're very good players, but are better suited in the slot or #2.

If I had to choose between them, I'd take Maclin. He's much more complete as a route runner

They'd be scary if they got a guy like Fitzgerald and could use Jackson and Maclin properly.

Our QB > Yours

Desean jackson is a better wide receiver. Don't get the "true #1"... sounds like you mean who fits the prototype of a wide receiver, but that's fairly irrelevant. Desean Jackson makes plays inside and outside the numbers. Yes, he might be good in space and undersized, fitting that slot mold, but he's too good to be just that. He's the better receiver and player.

Maclin is a much, much better WR. DeSean Jackson is scared of contact. He's just fast. He's an overhyped, overrated diva.

D-Jax is the big play receiver while Macklin is the more sure handed downs receiver.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast