Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is There An Issue at The Point Guard Position?

A great Read on the C's point guards. http://voices.yahoo.com/the-fate-gre...74.html?cat=14

vCash
    Meh... a great read? It was an okay article...

vCash
    With all due respect to the guy who started this thread...its hardly a great read.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Whether a long-term issue exists cannot be determined until Bradley returns [I]and[I] a rotation including him is sorted out.

I have no idea how that will work out. Rondo obviously gets 32-34 minutes and against better pg's / teams more. I think Bradley will be his running mate. A second team consisting of Terry and Barbosa in the backcourt could be electric. Lee might be the odd man out but he is showing some signs of coming around.

Add in the fact that Doc has been toying with Pierce some at the 2 and it's really a mess, a good mess, but a mess nonetheless.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Me thinks someone (G) will be traded for a big....hmmmm

We will see....hmmm

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    I agree concerning Lee...I don't know if he's just uncomfortable but he's looked rough. Rondo/Bradley and then Jet/Barbosa - not sure where Lee will fit...

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post

We will see....hmmm
    I've been saying this since Barbosa was signed. Not necessarily a guard for a big, but that the pieces are available for DA to make a trade.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Hardly a great read, but I suspect that the poster is the writer of the article since its their only post!

Ding ding ding, we have a winner - http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/authors/author/660691 .

Seems upperclass and Ralph Tiblanc are one in the same, probably shouldn't call your own stuff a great read.
    -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post

We will see....hmmm
    For sure. Teams don't do well in a lot of cases (morale wise) if the 5th G is an actual player. Role guys know it, and don't chafe.

Now look at the off season, the value in the market turned out to be at G. So DA did what he could by packing on the "fat" (as it were) at G. So let the season shake out, and then you know who fits on the floor and in the locker room and who can moved for a big.

PP does offer a twist however. His ability to drive to contact seems to be deserting him, leaving him closer to being a Ray Allen wannabe than most would have predicted this early. If Green is able to push PP aside for more minutes at the #3, then PP might end up being the 2nd back-up #2 at times. Another excuse to deal a G.

The perimeter O is coming around, but the interior O and O rebounding (yes by plan) is still weak. The interior D is either late or weak far too much of the time.

We need a big tough 6' 10" or better, the sooner the better (2007-2009 Perkins with a bit more offensive touch would be very good). A secondary big would be a big help too, but that's probably later at the deadline or in the aftermath when a team will deal a rotation big for a decent player with more years of control at a good price and/or a 2nd rounder and a stiff sort of thing.

LAL is more chaotic than assumed. Da Bulls? Who knows with Rose.

We are a good big and OK big away from being the team with the 3rd best odds to win, w/o the bigs it simply will not happen. Be prepared to say goodbye to some players and draft picks if DA/owners really want to compete.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-28-2012 at 09:43 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    For sure. Teams don't do well in a lot of cases (morale wise) if the 5th G is an actual player. Role guys know it, and don't chafe.

Now look at the off season, the value in the market turned out to be at G. So DA did what he could by packing on the "fat" (as it were) at G. So let the season shake out, and then you know who fits on the floor and in the locker room and who can moved for a big.

PP does offer a twist however. His ability to drive to contact seems to be deserting him, leaving him closer to being a Ray Allen wannabe than most would have predicted this early. If Green is able to push PP aside for more minutes at the #3, then PP might end up being the 2nd back-up #2 at times. Another excuse to deal a G.

The perimeter O is coming around, but the interior O and O rebounding (yes by plan) is still weak. The interior D is either late or weak far too much of the time.

We need a big tough 6' 10" or better, the sooner the better (2007-2009 Perkins with a bit more offensive touch would be very good). A secondary big would be a big help too, but that's probably later at the deadline or in the aftermath when a team will deal a rotation big for a decent player with more years of control at a good price and/or a 2nd rounder and a stiff sort of thing.

We are a good big and OK big away from being the team with the 3rd best odds to win, w/o the bigs it simply will not happen. Be prepared to say goodbye to some players and draft picks if DA/owners really want to compete.
    That is 100% Correct^

I also think DA will wait for move until mid Decemeber or January. The reason being that players contract able to move, felling/ holding out for the right piece/players.

I do think a move will be made, the question is when/who. The defense interior is just awful and rebounding isn't very good.

I see draft picks, players leaving, I just don't see DA waiting till Feb 2013 for something, he learned his lesson with team chemistry (Perkins).

I think K. Martin is plan C or D, I think DA will move Bass, Lee, picks. Just off the top of my head.

I don't think DA will move J. Green 0% chance. He likes his upside, with PP on his way out(age), DA won't part with him.

If Celtics added a Gortat and David Lee (wait! type) player, the Celtics have better chance.

Right now, the Heat beat Celtics in 5 games. easy......

I wonder how many teams will try and get A. Bradley, I hear teams love this kid. he's young and really good. We will see...

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

That is 100% Correct^

I also think DA will wait for move until mid Decemeber or January. The reason being that players contract able to move, felling/ holding out for the right piece/players.

I do think a move will be made, the question is when/who. The defense interior is just awful and rebounding isn't very good.

I see draft picks, players leaving, I just don't see DA waiting till Feb 2013 for something, he learned his lesson with team chemistry (Perkins).

I think K. Martin is plan C or D, I think DA will move Bass, Lee, picks. Just off the top of my head.

I don't think DA will move J. Green 0% chance. He likes his upside, with PP on his way out(age), DA won't part with him.

If Celtics added a Gortat and David Lee (wait! type) player, the Celtics have better chance.

Right now, the Heat beat Celtics in 5 games. easy......

I wonder how many teams will try and get A. Bradley, I hear teams love this kid. he's young and really good. We will see...

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by upperclass View Post
    A great Read on the C's point guards. http://voices.yahoo.com/the-fate-gre...74.html?cat=14
    Is this considered spam since the guy is getting paid by us clicking on the link?

Get paid. Earn money through up-front payments, exclusive assignments, and performance bonuses based on the traffic your work receives.
    Yahoo! Contributor
    -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Is this considered spam since the guy is getting paid by us clicking on the link?

Yahoo! Contributor
    I tried to flag this as spam because all it is is self promotion. I guess the mods don't think it's spam. I will have to set up an account as a yahoo contributor if I can get free traffic from this forum...

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY