• Keep Colangelo long term

30 47.62%
  • He sucks he needs to go

33 52.38%
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryan Colangelo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomz View Post
    It does mean a lot, and if you're the 3rd youngest team in the NBA...getting to the playoffs means a lot for your growth and development. As far as getting players here, i am pretty sure being 1 of the 16 teams that did make the playoffs is a significant selling point.

Now I am not saying, the playoffs are a must, I am just merely saying that our growth as a team and organization will be expedited if we did make the 7th or 8th seed.
    Being a borderline playoff team isn't a significant selling point for teams. Players want to go to big markets because they are big markets, players don't want to go to small markets because they are small markets. How good the team is has little to do with it.

I don't think the teams growth will be expedited by a playoff berth because IMO the teams ceiling is that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomz View Post
    With JVal, Derozan, Lowry and Ross's "potential", we will all be excited next year. Why? The usual, one more year of experience, new season, young core, blah blah. Oh and the best of them all "BC has one more trick up his sleeves". Right. You're hooked buddy!
    i've hoped for this team in spite of the GM, not because i've ever bought into his vision.

i want to see what Casey is like as a coach without Bryan Colangelo in the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I would gladly take a good tanked season over the half-assed job that was done last year or another borderline playoff season (just in, just out, who gives a ****).
    Can you please explain how that job was half assed? A bunch of d-leaguers in our starting 5 for a large part of the season was really all the GM could do to put us in the best position to lose. We gave away Barbosa without bringing in additional talent.

At some level I too wish we had a worse record last year and most def wish we had a higher pick. However, to blame management for that just isn't right. Just the way the cards fall sometimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    do you think Casey, who talks constantly about being accountable is choosing to ignore Bargnani's effort level for his own reasons or do you think he has little choice? is this why Colangelo likes to always hire new coaches instead of established ones?
    Jamie...I think you're fishing here. Bargnani, struggles aside, is one of the top scorers on the team - in efficient - yes, bad team defender - yes, weak rebounder - yes...but he is still one of the top scorers. I think Casey is keeping him out there because of the points he accounts for. Take the Spurs game out, he is contributing his part to help the team win - imho on both ends, but absolutely on the offensive end. I don't buy into this conspiracy theory that many on here have about Colangelo forcing Casey to play Bargnani or any other player x amount of minutes....that is just absolutely rediculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by achha100 View Post
    Can you please explain how that job was half assed? A bunch of d-leaguers in our starting 5 for a large part of the season was really all the GM could do to put us in the best position to lose. We gave away Barbosa without bringing in additional talent.

At some level I too wish we had a worse record last year and most def wish we had a higher pick. However, to blame management for that just isn't right. Just the way the cards fall sometimes.
    All that didn't happen till later in the season. He kept a core of players together who had been together for a couple seasons already, there is no way in hell they weren't going to improve a little.

vCash
    Being a borderline playoff team isn't a significant selling point for teams. Players want to go to big markets because they are big markets, players don't want to go to small markets because they are small markets. How good the team is has little to do with it.

I don't think the teams growth will be expedited by a playoff berth because IMO the teams ceiling is that.
    I'm still confused as to why we don't position ourselves as a big market team. When we had that brief brush with being great, the U.S.'ers would talk as if this is Vegas north-it was that much fun.

As much as this may be BC's fault, this has a lot to do with ownership. This is a team that was sold out and was never fully invested in. Somebody made a lot of money on this team and the lack of reinvestment is beginning to show. Sad.

vCash
    We all have no issue bashing the hell out of Bargs for his shot selection, but what about Lowry and his shot selection and his ability to finish at the rim in pressure situations? Lowry is no more of a go to guy at crunch time, at least in the games that I have watched this season so far (all but for 1 or 2), than Bargs, Jose, Demar, Etc...the bricks from the 3pt line, the wild layups that are no where near going in...he's got a terrible shot selection in pressure moments.

I guess, from my point of view, the team is lacking the "go to guy" still, but more importantly has ZERO mojo right now. They can't get anything going with any longevity and momentum is non existent for the entire team. they don't look comfortable, and though they have had some great growth in some areas, they don't appear to have leadership to help them get over that hump...and to me that goes directly on to the coaching staff - not BC. BC's job is to assemble the talent to the best of his ability, DC's job is to utilize that talent to win as many games as possible. From what I have seen, BC has done his job, DC hasn't so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    Jamie...I think you're fishing here. Bargnani, struggles aside, is one of the top scorers on the team - in efficient - yes, bad team defender - yes, weak rebounder - yes...but he is still one of the top scorers. I think Casey is keeping him out there because of the points he accounts for. Take the Spurs game out, he is contributing his part to help the team win - imho on both ends, but absolutely on the offensive end. I don't buy into this conspiracy theory that many on here have about Colangelo forcing Casey to play Bargnani or any other player x amount of minutes....that is just absolutely rediculous.
    that's fine. you are free to believe what you will. wouldn't you have to consider his impact on both ends though to figure out how many points he "accounts for"? or does it only matter how many points one is scoring?

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    that's fine. you are free to believe what you will. wouldn't you have to consider his impact on both ends though to figure out how many points he "accounts for"? or does it only matter how many points one is scoring?
    Fair point and I get what you are saying, but when you don't have offensive weapons, especially on your wings, and the rest of your players are severely inconsistant, I'm not sure if you have a choice but to go with how many points one is scoring and roll the dice that the other end will look after itself.

vCash
    If he doesn't trade Bargnani and Amir Johnson then fire his *** if not **** this team

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    We all have no issue bashing the hell out of Bargs for his shot selection, but what about Lowry and his shot selection and his ability to finish at the rim in pressure situations? Lowry is no more of a go to guy at crunch time, at least in the games that I have watched this season so far (all but for 1 or 2), than Bargs, Jose, Demar, Etc...the bricks from the 3pt line, the wild layups that are no where near going in...he's got a terrible shot selection in pressure moments.

I guess, from my point of view, the team is lacking the "go to guy" still, but more importantly has ZERO mojo right now. They can't get anything going with any longevity and momentum is non existent for the entire team. they don't look comfortable, and though they have had some great growth in some areas, they don't appear to have leadership to help them get over that hump...and to me that goes directly on to the coaching staff - not BC. BC's job is to assemble the talent to the best of his ability, DC's job is to utilize that talent to win as many games as possible. From what I have seen, BC has done his job, DC hasn't so far.
    you got some good points in there. Lowry definitely needs to play a more restrained game and show better judgement as to when to shoot and what not.

and casey is not without fault either. i'm not sure about Casey right now.

still, i know who picked him as the next coach of the Toronto Raptors. and Jay Triano before that. so in my opinion heaping criticism on Casey is only further burying Colangelo.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 11-26-2012 at 01:20 PM.

vCash
    you got some good points in there. Lowry definitely needs to play a more restrained game and show better judgement as to when to shoot and what not.

and casey is not without fault either. i'm not sure about Casey right now.

still, i know who picked him as the next coach of the Toronto Raptors. and Jay Triano before that. so in my heaping criticism on Casey is only further burying Colangelo.
    LOL fair enough. I've been on here long enough to know how hard it is to change your mind on things...

vCash
    All that didn't happen till later in the season. He kept a core of players together who had been together for a couple seasons already, there is no way in hell they weren't going to improve a little.
    A core of piss poor players that did absolutely nothing the year before but suck enough to get Val in the draft. Hardly anybody on last years team can look on that year as an "improvement". Demar regressed in some ways. Ed davis never really improved on his rookie year. Amir was in the doghouse for a while. Andrea injured. Plus if what you're saying is true (re: those moves being made later in the season), doesn't that point towards management trying harder to tank as the season went on? Hell I'm still amazed we won as many games as we did.

vCash
    Fair point and I get what you are saying, but when you don't have offensive weapons, especially on your wings, and the rest of your players are severely inconsistant, I'm not sure if you have a choice but to go with how many points one is scoring and roll the dice that the other end will look after itself.
    see i don't get that. sure he can score points, but the object of the game is to score more points than the other team, not simply to score points. what's wrong with trying to grind out wins 75-73?

vCash
    see i don't get that. sure he can score points, but the object of the game is to score more points than the other team, not simply to score points. what's wrong with trying to grind out wins 75-73?
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it personally, but apparently DC so far doesn't agree, and I think that has more to do with the poreous team defense so far...so he seems to have taken the approach to trying to outscore the opponent point for point....problem being we don't have consistent enough scorers to do this...nor do we seem to know how to win - that leader to keep everyone calm and take charge of the game in the moments when they need to.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast