• Keep Colangelo long term

30 47.62%
  • He sucks he needs to go

33 52.38%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryan Colangelo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i'll be honest, i think there has been a lot of growth internally this season from our players. so ask yourself why we might be 3-11. if Bargnani doesn't play well that's one thing. there are players who don't produce on every team. but to play him 35 mins a night as though it's his birthright even though he is playing poorly is just wrong. it's not fair to the rest of the guys who are playing pretty well and busting their ***.
    Tbh I think Bargs has brought the (or at least some) effort, but the results have been absolute doo doo when it comes to his shooting %. His pump fake pump fake line drive jumpers are starting to give me considerable heartburn.

vCash
    Damn I hate when people try to back-up dumb decisions by getting all philosophical, If he SUCKS TAKE HIM OUT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by achha100 View Post
    Tbh I think Bargs has brought the (or at least some) effort, but the results have been absolute doo doo when it comes to his shooting %. His pump fake pump fake line drive jumpers are starting to give me considerable heartburn.
    As well he is a total black hole and it seems every the team starts doing good he has to take ridiculous shots because he hasn't got the ball in a couple plays and then they start losing again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I really don't care about the playoffs. Doesn't mean a thing to me. I would be happy with a longer term rebuild.

Why care about the playoffs? How far do you realistically think they would get?

I'm thinking the 7-8 seed most often gets swept so what's the rush?
    You're like saying this team should be a 3-4 seed once its done with rebuilding. Playoffs means a lot especially for this team. Doesn't matter if its a swept, making the playoffs is all it matters. Our players needs to get a taste what playoffs are like in the NBA. They need to experience the intensity in a playoff atmosphere. Im sure they'l learn more than losing 30 tight games

Also, do you think lowry's going to stay if we can't make the playoff? Hes huge for us and Im all for keeping him.

vCash
    Playoffs are necessary! And is all part of "changing the culture" / "winning culture". You can't do that if you don't change your record and 3-11 isn't exactly getting us anywhere mentally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomz View Post
    Playoffs are necessary! And is all part of "changing the culture" / "winning culture". You can't do that if you don't change your record and 3-11 isn't exactly getting us anywhere mentally.
    Exactly, and this is how we earn respects in this league. No one gives a **** that we plays hard every night unless we're in the winning column.

vCash
    BC has run his course in Toronto and its time to move on (it was time 2 years ago). Sadly, I'm sure something will happen in the next couple months that has everyone excited and back on the bandwagon resulting in him getting an extension. He's not the right type of gm for Toronto, let his contract expire so he can try to get a job in a big market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by diu9leilomo View Post
    You're like saying this team should be a 3-4 seed once its done with rebuilding. Playoffs means a lot especially for this team. Doesn't matter if its a swept, making the playoffs is all it matters. Our players needs to get a taste what playoffs are like in the NBA. They need to experience the intensity in a playoff atmosphere. Im sure they'l learn more than losing 30 tight games

Also, do you think lowry's going to stay if we can't make the playoff? Hes huge for us and Im all for keeping him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomz View Post
    Playoffs mean nothing for a team without the talent to move beyond the 1st round though. The Raps just don't have the talent so the playoffs may be nice and give the current players a happy feeling but it's not going to attract the players that are needed here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Playoffs mean nothing for a team without the talent to move beyond the 1st round though. The Raps just don't have the talent so the playoffs may be nice and give the current players a happy feeling but it's not going to attract the players that are needed here.
    Earning the 9-10 seeds means nothing either, might as well just tank the season if you say that....

vCash
    my point is players will gain more in a first round exit than playing a mediocre season

vCash
    in my opinion there are a fair number of fans like myself who are hanging in there based on the assumption that this man has run out of opportunities and will not be renewed. if he gets extended for anything short of a miracle turnaround this season i think next season will be a very tough one to put fans in the seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    It does mean a lot, and if you're the 3rd youngest team in the NBA...getting to the playoffs means a lot for your growth and development. As far as getting players here, i am pretty sure being 1 of the 16 teams that did make the playoffs is a significant selling point.

Now I am not saying, the playoffs are a must, I am just merely saying that our growth as a team and organization will be expedited if we did make the 7th or 8th seed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by diu9leilomo View Post
    Earning the 9-10 seeds means nothing either, might as well just tank the season if you say that....
    I would gladly take a good tanked season over the half-assed job that was done last year or another borderline playoff season (just in, just out, who gives a ****).

vCash
    in my opinion there are a fair number of fans like myself who are hanging in there based on the assumption that this man has run out of opportunities and will not be renewed. if he gets extended for anything short of a miracle turnaround this season i think next season will be a very tough one to put fans in the seats.
    With JVal, Derozan, Lowry and Ross's "potential", we will all be excited next year. Why? The usual, one more year of experience, new season, young core, blah blah. Oh and the best of them all "BC has one more trick up his sleeves". Right. You're hooked buddy!

vCash
    The only way he stays is if he pulls an"AA"! Something out of nowhere for the now team.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast