Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Is Bryan Colangelo good for this team long term

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Colangelo long term

    30 47.62%
  • He sucks he needs to go

    33 52.38%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 316 to 329 of 329

Thread: Bryan Colangelo

  1. #316
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,242
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    While Colangelo certainly deserves part of the blame, i'd place some of the blame in the higher ups as well.

    Me thinks there probably is some pressure from his bosses to make the post season ASAP regardless of the cost.
    Colangelo has been encourage to limit as much luxury tax as possible his whole tenure here.

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,097
    vCash
    1500
    i think andrea is on the block

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,643
    vCash
    4500
    When you blame an organization you have to look at the top down. When you have an ownership group that is concerned about $$ above everything else you are going to have a hard time being successful in this league.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    46
    vCash
    1500
    There are some good points and there are some bad points mentioned so far about Bryan Colangelo, but one thing that people forget to discuss about him, its his actual title, he is not just a GM, he is also the President, which means his duties go beyond building a team, but also provide revenue and profit to the company, and he has done just so, under the luxury cup. Win or Lose people still buy raptors ticket, products, etc...

    Having said that, he did hire a Vice President and GM this season for a reason - to pick up his slack and assist him better in making the right decisions about this time.

    As far as Bargnani is concerned, there is more to a player than just a shot, or rebound. You have to look at the other element such as match-ups, man to man defence, team defence, zone, stratch of the floor etc...

    Look at the expectations that has been put on Bargnani since he came from Europe, he used to be SF, put him on C and now on PF. 3 different positions in 7 years of basketball life, maybe he is more diversified than some people think, and maybe his value to the game is more than what people in here think. Once JV plays more consistent, imagine him and Bargs team together, that will be a duo that will be very hard to defend, and will create match-ups problems for other teams, which will leave players like Ross and Derozen open for shots, lay-ups and dunks.

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,325
    vCash
    1500
    ^good post^

    Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,325
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I actually thought he'd listen to Ettore Messina. One of the reasons I've wanted him since Mitchell got fired.
    How much better would he have been than Triano. Colangelo also could have stuck to his guns with the euro movement like the timberwolves are doing now.

    Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,949
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Colangelo has been encourage to limit as much luxury tax as possible his whole tenure here.
    I never heard of that. My understanding is anything over the tax, he just needs approval from the board.


    The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,225
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Colangelo has been encourage to limit as much luxury tax as possible his whole tenure here.
    What wrapper of candy did you get this information from .

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,506
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by aporo View Post
    There are some good points and there are some bad points mentioned so far about Bryan Colangelo, but one thing that people forget to discuss about him, its his actual title, he is not just a GM, he is also the President, which means his duties go beyond building a team, but also provide revenue and profit to the company, and he has done just so, under the luxury cup. Win or Lose people still buy raptors ticket, products, etc...

    Having said that, he did hire a Vice President and GM this season for a reason - to pick up his slack and assist him better in making the right decisions about this time.

    As far as Bargnani is concerned, there is more to a player than just a shot, or rebound. You have to look at the other element such as match-ups, man to man defence, team defence, zone, stratch of the floor etc...

    Look at the expectations that has been put on Bargnani since he came from Europe, he used to be SF, put him on C and now on PF. 3 different positions in 7 years of basketball life, maybe he is more diversified than some people think, and maybe his value to the game is more than what people in here think. Once JV plays more consistent, imagine him and Bargs team together, that will be a duo that will be very hard to defend, and will create match-ups problems for other teams, which will leave players like Ross and Derozen open for shots, lay-ups and dunks.
    be careful with what you say. if people do not agree with your points, they call it excuses rather than facts

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    86
    vCash
    1500
    I don't agree with either of these answers. He doesn't suck. He's a very good gm but things haven't worked out for him here and unless he does something signifigant quick, he'll be gone.

  11. #326
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    395
    vCash
    1500
    too many people want change for the sake of change.. he has put a good young group together and if wasn't his fault that before deciding to go with young players his attempts with adding vets didn't mesh well (o'neil, turk).. now we have most of the players in place and we kick him out? for who? raps fans for some reason think we can get whoever is available.. have to find someone that would want to come to toronto first.. and right now we basically have two GMs, the should help attracting players here far greater.
    no reason to panic just because the season hasn't started the way we wanted it to. if i had to blame anything it would be injuries, coaching, and the level of play from fields, which may have been because of his injury. wait till he comes back, maybe he'll play awesome and make you all eat your words. lets hope so!

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,322
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyRecovery View Post
    too many people want change for the sake of change.. he has put a good young group together and if wasn't his fault that before deciding to go with young players his attempts with adding vets didn't mesh well (o'neil, turk).. now we have most of the players in place and we kick him out? for who? raps fans for some reason think we can get whoever is available.. have to find someone that would want to come to toronto first.. and right now we basically have two GMs, the should help attracting players here far greater.
    no reason to panic just because the season hasn't started the way we wanted it to. if i had to blame anything it would be injuries, coaching, and the level of play from fields, which may have been because of his injury. wait till he comes back, maybe he'll play awesome and make you all eat your words. lets hope so!
    I don't want to speak for the masses, but I think many want change because it shows accountability for what many see as a poor rebuild. Not everyone has been on board with Colangelo's direction stemming back to last season (or further) and have lost faith in his ability to lead this team to anything meaningful. Nothing about that screams "panic" to me. I find those opinions (and those that share them) to be quite grounded.

    I don't think the Raptor's injuries are anything beyond what the average NBA team deals with. I'm not sure why that is being used as an excuse. The coach and Fields were both brought in by the GM, so I'm not sure why you would focus your criticism on those two, without it landing on Colangelo as well.

    I'm not firmly entrenched in the camp that wants Colangelo out, but I can see myself there a year from now if he is not able to do something of subtance to this roster.

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    395
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I don't want to speak for the masses, but I think many want change because it shows accountability for what many see as a poor rebuild. Not everyone has been on board with Colangelo's direction stemming back to last season (or further) and have lost faith in his ability to lead this team to anything meaningful. Nothing about that screams "panic" to me. I find those opinions (and those that share them) to be quite grounded.

    I don't think the Raptor's injuries are anything beyond what the average NBA team deals with. I'm not sure why that is being used as an excuse. The coach and Fields were both brought in by the GM, so I'm not sure why you would focus your criticism on those two, without it landing on Colangelo as well.

    I'm not firmly entrenched in the camp that wants Colangelo out, but I can see myself there a year from now if he is not able to do something of subtance to this roster.
    i guess i agree with you a bit. the GM is responsible for the players and coaches being there, but if we held gm's responsible for every play and every decision the team makes we would have a lot of fired GMs in the league. i agreed with a lot of BCs calls when he made them, however it does seem like he needs to make a call on some things with this team now currently.

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    tdot
    Posts
    18,125
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by aporo View Post
    There are some good points and there are some bad points mentioned so far about Bryan Colangelo, but one thing that people forget to discuss about him, its his actual title, he is not just a GM, he is also the President, which means his duties go beyond building a team, but also provide revenue and profit to the company, and he has done just so, under the luxury cup. Win or Lose people still buy raptors ticket, products, etc...

    Having said that, he did hire a Vice President and GM this season for a reason - to pick up his slack and assist him better in making the right decisions about this time.

    As far as Bargnani is concerned, there is more to a player than just a shot, or rebound. You have to look at the other element such as match-ups, man to man defence, team defence, zone, stratch of the floor etc...

    Look at the expectations that has been put on Bargnani since he came from Europe, he used to be SF, put him on C and now on PF. 3 different positions in 7 years of basketball life, maybe he is more diversified than some people think, and maybe his value to the game is more than what people in here think. Once JV plays more consistent, imagine him and Bargs team together, that will be a duo that will be very hard to defend, and will create match-ups problems for other teams, which will leave players like Ross and Derozen open for shots, lay-ups and dunks.
    good points. i agree with alot of this. .

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •