• Keep Colangelo long term

30 47.62%
  • He sucks he needs to go

33 52.38%
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Bryan Colangelo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    The test led them to believe he had a killer instinct.
    i hope they ditched that test
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash

I'd love to see these questions that were asked... more importantly, I'd like to see how Bargs responded... It would be a very good joke... LOL
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i hope they ditched that test
    It's the Caliper test. A lot of employers use the test. For the most part, it actually reflects a lot on your personality. But there's always cases that doesn't reflect the results you interpreted. There's numerous reasons for that.

It's similar to school. They test you to see if you understand the material. Just because you get a high mark on a test doesn't mean you understand the material. In this case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post
    I'd love to see these questions that were asked... more importantly, I'd like to see how Bargs responded... It would be a very good joke... LOL
    Get a job. They'll probably ask you similar questions.

vCash
    Get a job. They'll probably ask you similar questions.
    Im actually at work now.

Like what ? what are your strengths and weaknesses? LOL

I thought it would be more basketball specific.
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

vCash
    I probably shouldn't have used killer instincts. His results showed he was oblivious to criticism and had great ability to block out negative pressures. I actually agree with that assessment. Bargnani doesn't listen to what others say and simply ignores negativity (that's why he didn't like Sam Mitchell).

The reason he's been so bad is because his production hasn't panned out. The talent is there. But he's not giving his all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post
    Im actually at work now.

Like what ? what are your strengths and weaknesses? LOL

I thought it would be more basketball specific.
    This is a short description of it.

The Caliper is a personality profile used by numerous corporations and organizations to measure one's capacity to excel in specific situations.
    It's going to be catered towards basketball players, but they are basically the same test throughout other organizations and corporations. Just different situations. The descriptions of your personality is probably going to be similar.

vCash
    I also saw an article about this online about how they tested him and everything.
    Exactly. And his demeanour never changed under pressure. My point is that he was actually too mentally slow to realize there was a threat.

The test didn't measure a killer instinct, it measured lack of awareness that there was a need to react.

Too slow to recognize danger. Didn't Darwin say something about species that have that problem?

Natural selection.

vCash
    I probably shouldn't have used killer instincts. His results showed he was oblivious to criticism and had great ability to block out negative pressures. I actually agree with that assessment. Bargnani doesn't listen to what others say and simply ignores negativity (that's why he didn't like Sam Mitchell).

The reason he's been so bad is because his production hasn't panned out. The talent is there. But he's not giving his all.
    that description could also completely describe someone who is clueless to what's going on around them. what a crappy test.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Exactly. And his demeanour never changed under pressure. My point is that he was actually too mentally slow to realize there was a threat.

The test didn't measure a killer instinct, it measured lack of awareness that there was a need to react.

Too slow to recognize danger. Didn't Darwin say something about species that have that problem?

Natural selection.
    I suppose it could also be this.

From their interpretation, they basically say he doesn't care regardless of what people say and he's going to do what he normally does.

vCash
    that description could also completely describe someone who is clueless to what's going on around them. what a crappy test.
    At the time of the test, they had a young player with tremendous potential who looked like he was willing to get better to become a star. They assumed the one that was more likelier at the time of the test. Factor those aspects with the ability to drown out criticism and I don't blame BC for being excited at the time. Now we know it was the opposite.

All test are flawed in some way though.
    Last edited by Raps08-09 Champ; 11-28-2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Added

vCash
    Yeah but they probably thought that your scenario was common sense. I mean after 6 years of watching him, he still doesnt grasp common basketball fundamentals.

vCash
    I suppose it could also be this.

From their interpretation, they basically say he doesn't care regardless of what people say and he's going to do what he normally does.
    And we can see how how people get pissed off now because he "doesn't seem to care". I think he cares a lot. He just doesn't have a clue.

It's really bizarre tbh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    And we can see how how people get pissed off now because he "doesn't seem to care". I think he cares a lot. He just doesn't have a clue.

It's really bizarre tbh.
    Lol. He's like a zombie on the outside but a lost puppy on the inside.

It's a shame though. Bargnani has the ability to be a good player. But it looks like he just doesn't want to adapt.

vCash
    Lol. He's like a zombie on the outside but a lost puppy on the inside.

It's a shame though. Bargnani has the ability to be a good player. But it looks like he just doesn't want to adapt.
    Totally agree. Except I don't think it's about wanting. He just can't do it. He looks more and more lost all the time.

You can't succeed if you're that confused.

****, this is basketball. He should have figured out a few things by now. All I know is that he has he physical tools.

The mental ones? Well, not so much.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast