63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Colangelo long term

30 47.62%
  • He sucks he needs to go

33 52.38%
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryan Colangelo

vCash
    What we should try and remember is that BC has the same vision and love for Jonas and waited, tooth and nail, to get him on ACC ground and the kid has not disappointed. I really hope he gets ROY looks because his numbers and learning capacity is amazing. BC did great there. I still think Terrence Ross was good pick-up but needs more PT. DD is turning out to be a great pick, as well. Lowry was a great get. So, I mean, aside from some farts..I think BC is doing his best.

Adversaree & Phat Tony Present: Super Emcee

GameBreaker aka Adversaree aka Anakin Slangwalker:PioneerGang
    http://adversareepioneergangmusic.ba...-barz-sinister
    Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKvth...ture=g-all-lik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    what is he suppose to predict exactly though ? was he supose to know that andrea was gonna come out of the gate playing like crap after showing flashes of being really good last season

at the end of the day, i think this team has young talent that needs to mature. thats all. our team is much better off today then when brian first came in.

did you like the team we had prior to B.C being here i sure as hell didnt. i think our team is in much better position to succeed in the future then what it was prior to brian coming here.

i remember V.C being shipped out for eric and aron williams, oh and also we had to pay alonzo like 10 mill to buy him out of his contract because he refused to play here.

if anything you guys should be hopeing and praying that brian stays and someone like babcock doesnt replace him.
    Co-sign.

Adversaree & Phat Tony Present: Super Emcee

GameBreaker aka Adversaree aka Anakin Slangwalker:PioneerGang
    http://adversareepioneergangmusic.ba...-barz-sinister
    Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKvth...ture=g-all-lik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by diu9leilomo View Post
    You're like saying this team should be a 3-4 seed once its done with rebuilding. Playoffs means a lot especially for this team. Doesn't matter if its a swept, making the playoffs is all it matters. Our players needs to get a taste what playoffs are like in the NBA. They need to experience the intensity in a playoff atmosphere. Im sure they'l learn more than losing 30 tight game.
    I am?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    The only way he stays is if he pulls an"AA"! Something out of nowhere for the now team.
    I have to shake my head at the hero worship around AA right now. That Marlins trade could blow up so badly. Let's wait until the team at least puts on the cleats in spring training before we make him a god. Don't we learn anything?? In AA we trust (hand across heart). For those of you who might take this as anything other than light-heartedness, please breathe and the offended feeling will go away. It is just that we of all sports fans (we being Toronto sports teams fans) should KNOW BETTER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by achha100 View Post
    A core of piss poor players that did absolutely nothing the year before but suck enough to get Val in the draft. Hardly anybody on last years team can look on that year as an "improvement". Demar regressed in some ways. Ed davis never really improved on his rookie year. Amir was in the doghouse for a while. Andrea injured. Plus if what you're saying is true (re: those moves being made later in the season), doesn't that point towards management trying harder to tank as the season went on? Hell I'm still amazed we won as many games as we did.
    Credit or blame Casey for the wins that moved us down the draft ladder. Whichever one prefers.

I agree. I don't think Colangelo could have found worse pieces to complement the "core" last year than he did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    what is he suppose to predict exactly though ? was he supose to know that andrea was gonna come out of the gate playing like crap after showing flashes of being really good last season

at the end of the day, i think this team has young talent that needs to mature. thats all. our team is much better off today then when brian first came in.

did you like the team we had prior to B.C being here i sure as hell didnt. i think our team is in much better position to succeed in the future then what it was prior to brian coming here.

i remember V.C being shipped out for eric and aron williams, oh and also we had to pay alonzo like 10 mill to buy him out of his contract because he refused to play here.

if anything you guys should be hopeing and praying that brian stays and someone like babcock doesnt replace him.
    agreed

he came in saying that we needed to rebuild

but a surprising playoff appearance in his first year in office gave way to pressures from management, media and fans that led to bad moves

pressures that made all of us believe that we had a window of opportunity rather than taking the long journey. we should've been rebuilding from day 1 instead of trying to rush into things, but that is what pressure does to you. you make mistakes, but at least BC has made good on his mistakes and has been making all the right moves this year and last

he could've taken Brandon Knight for a quick fix and to try and save his head, but against what everyone said, he drafted another Euro for the team, not for his sake. Imagine if we drafted Brandon Knight instead? we wouldn't have JVal or lowry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    The problem is that many of the other young teams are not very well created . (ex: Kings- tons of talent but a bad mix of players. Detroit- Stuckey and Knight are black holes because neither are pass first guards. They need someone to run that team properly. Also, i think it's important to remember that we actually have more experienced players than those young teams with Lowry and Bargs. Supposed to be two of our main players and have spent some time in the league.

At the end of the day BC and Casey both said that this team should be competing for the playoffs this year. If we end up being one of the worst teams then they should get some blame for that. Can't exactly make excuses after making those kind of comments.
    Ah but you must have missed the part where I said he'll be reviewed for the whole year at the end of the year. He's not going to survive a poor season this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I have to shake my head at the hero worship around AA right now. That Marlins trade could blow up so badly. Let's wait until the team at least puts on the cleats in spring training before we make him a god. Don't we learn anything?? In AA we trust (hand across heart). For those of you who might take this as anything other than light-heartedness, please breathe and the offended feeling will go away. It is just that we of all sports fans (we being Toronto sports teams fans) should KNOW BETTER.
    same. i don't understand especially with the high risk and the amount of injuries that the blue jays have seen last year

we got reyes who underperform, melky who tested positive for PEDs and at least one pitcher who had injuries

i mean this big trade looks a lot like the jermaine o'neal trade to me. high risk but high reward but still high risk, in a city where injuries seem to be the norm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    same. i don't understand especially with the high risk and the amount of injuries that the blue jays have seen last year

we got reyes who underperform, melky who tested positive for PEDs and at least one pitcher who had injuries

i mean this big trade looks a lot like the jermaine o'neal trade to me. high risk but high reward but still high risk, in a city where injuries seem to be the norm
    one big difference is that the jays still have a lot of assets in the minor league level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    one big difference is that the jays still have a lot of assets in the minor league level.
    well that is the difference between the two sports though

one has a legitimate farm system

vCash
    Guys, we're a SF away.
    Absolute best case scenerio, we keep losing in OT, retain our top 3 pick, and draft muhammad.
    Lowry/calderon (awesome combo)
    Derozan/Ross (nothing wrong there)
    Kleiza/Anderson/Fields/McGuire... (maybe keep McGuire and Anderson/Kleiza for role player reasons)
    Bargnani/Davis/Johnson (quality rotation + amir is eligable to be amnistied when Davis makes him useless)
    Val/gray (I have no problem with gray as a vet backup, and obviously Val is the future)

BC has put together a team with depth and potential at every position, except SF. You guys want to let the guy go just before he completes his vision? Even if we don't retain our first pick, we have pieces to fill that hole through trade, or make a bit of cap space to sign someone. In BC I still trust. Getting a new GM would set us back at least a couple years IMO.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    How can we be so sure that MLSE has enabled BC to do what he needs to do. I think you are uninformed if you think this is all on BCs shoulders. MLSE must apply pressure if they are not getting what they want out of BCs leadership, but my gut tells me they have severely limited him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    How can we be so sure that MLSE has enabled BC to do what he needs to do. I think you are uninformed if you think this is all on BCs shoulders. MLSE must apply pressure if they are not getting what they want out of BCs leadership, but my gut tells me they have severely limited him
    Meh if MLSE isn't limiting him, he'll be fired. If MLSE is limiting him, we should see better signings in the future.

But I don't get how a signing like Fields is a result of MLSE.

vCash
    I definetly say people are overacting, if you see the ranking in the east & west conference, does not look like the predictions, something is going on league wide. Look at all the rookies this season, and only a handful of them are performing at their level. Look at teams like Lakers, where they should be, and where they are. Look at a team like Memphis, are they truly a first stop team in the West Conference?

Again, i look at this as a overall force, rather than just the Raptors struggling. Give it time, and much more better results will come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post

It has the potential to be that. It has it written all over it. And in the end we'd be stuck with the massive contracts. Not saying it WILL happen, just that it's the same kind of wildly risky deal the JO deal was.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast