• Keep Colangelo long term

30 47.62%
  • He sucks he needs to go

33 52.38%
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryan Colangelo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    This season will decide. If the team comes together he stays, if not he'll be gone. I don't think they expect much of the team, I certainly don't. But if things don't work out he will have had long enough.

That said, I know we're not winning games but the reaction in here is lame. We just took the Spurs to multiple OT. We don't have a big game finisher. Do the math.

We're EXACTLY where young teams usually are: struggling to learn how to win close games.

We are NOT getting blown out, we have stretches of very good bball. We have shorter stretches of bad ball.

I just don't see why people get their underwear in a knot over this stuff.

The problem is that many of the other young teams are not very well created . (ex: Kings- tons of talent but a bad mix of players. Detroit- Stuckey and Knight are black holes because neither are pass first guards. They need someone to run that team properly. Also, i think it's important to remember that we actually have more experienced players than those young teams with Lowry and Bargs. Supposed to be two of our main players and have spent some time in the league.

At the end of the day BC and Casey both said that this team should be competing for the playoffs this year. If we end up being one of the worst teams then they should get some blame for that. Can't exactly make excuses after making those kind of comments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    The problem is that many of the other young teams are not very well created . (ex: Kings- tons of talent but a bad mix of players. Detroit- Stuckey and Knight are black holes because neither are pass first guards. They need someone to run that team properly. Also, i think it's important to remember that we actually have more experienced players than those young teams with Lowry and Bargs. Supposed to be two of our main players and have spent some time in the league.

At the end of the day BC and Casey both said that this team should be competing for the playoffs this year. If we end up being one of the worst teams then they should get some blame for that. Can't exactly make excuses after making those kind of comments.
    So continuing your thought process here, BC has assembled a team of talent with 2-4 players that could be considered main players that have spent time in the league (lowry, bargs, jose and demar)...is it BC's issue as GM that his the talent hasn't produced wins yet? or is it DC as the coach of the talent? To me, BC's job is to assemble the talent, and DC's job is to utilize the talent to the best of his ability to get the wins.

vCash

b.c aint going no where. he is good for business. if anything he can fire ed stefanksi if someone has to take the fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    So continuing your thought process here, BC has assembled a team of talent with 2-4 players that could be considered main players that have spent time in the league (lowry, bargs, jose and demar)...is it BC's issue as GM that his the talent hasn't produced wins yet? or is it DC as the coach of the talent? To me, BC's job is to assemble the talent, and DC's job is to utilize the talent to the best of his ability to get the wins.
    BC put all of that together, including the coach. So at the end of the day the blame should go towards him. Otherwise it's just making excuses. He is supposed to be able to predict this stuff. That is what a good GM does.

vCash
    he has drafted pretty well. derozan was a good pick at 9. davis was a good pick at 13, jonas was a great pick at 5 etc.

maybe this year he finally trades bargs. who knows.

maybe this year he is studying what is missing on this team and will put the finishing touches to it in the off season.

I dont mind the team he has constructed, i just think it needs a couple tweeks and he loves to make moves. i really think stafanski has convinced him to stay patient thus far which is not bad thing. but b.c is not afraid to make moves when necessary

vCash
    BC put all of that together, including the coach. So at the end of the day the blame should go towards him. Otherwise it's just making excuses. He is supposed to be able to predict this stuff. That is what a good GM does.
    I agree with you on him putting it all together etc. However, like in any business, if you put a sales manager in place to manage an average sales team that is under performing...the sales manager needs to be looked at. it isn't the sales managers boss who is running the day to day performance...that is the sales managers job.

vCash
    what is he suppose to predict exactly though ? was he supose to know that andrea was gonna come out of the gate playing like crap after showing flashes of being really good last season

at the end of the day, i think this team has young talent that needs to mature. thats all. our team is much better off today then when brian first came in.

did you like the team we had prior to B.C being here i sure as hell didnt. i think our team is in much better position to succeed in the future then what it was prior to brian coming here.

i remember V.C being shipped out for eric and aron williams, oh and also we had to pay alonzo like 10 mill to buy him out of his contract because he refused to play here.

if anything you guys should be hopeing and praying that brian stays and someone like babcock doesnt replace him.

vCash
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it personally, but apparently DC so far doesn't agree, and I think that has more to do with the poreous team defense so far...so he seems to have taken the approach to trying to outscore the opponent point for point....problem being we don't have consistent enough scorers to do this...nor do we seem to know how to win - that leader to keep everyone calm and take charge of the game in the moments when they need to.
    i'm not so sure about that because we did it last year so why not this year? last year we slowed the game to a crawl and played better defense because of it. in my opinion this team has changed it's style of play to suit Lowry and it's not what is best for the rest of the personnel we've got here.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    To me, BC's job is to assemble the talent, and DC's job is to utilize the talent to the best of his ability to get the wins.
    if this was baseball i would agree with that. a basketball GM has to give the coach pieces that fit. to me that is every bit as important, if not more important, than just overall talent.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    what is he suppose to predict exactly though ? was he supose to know that andrea was gonna come out of the gate playing like crap after showing flashes of being really good last season

at the end of the day, i think this team has young talent that needs to mature. thats all. our team is much better off today then when brian first came in.

did you like the team we had prior to B.C being here i sure as hell didnt. i think our team is in much better position to succeed in the future then what it was prior to brian coming here.

i remember V.C being shipped out for eric and aron williams, oh and also we had to pay alonzo like 10 mill to buy him out of his contract because he refused to play here.

if anything you guys should be hopeing and praying that brian stays and someone like babcock doesnt replace him.
    playing scared is no way to build a winner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i'm not so sure about that because we did it last year so why not this year? last year we slowed the game to a crawl and played better defense because of it. in my opinion this team has changed it's style of play to suit Lowry and it's not what is best for the rest of the personnel we've got here.
    This I 100% agree with. I'm not sure if this is where you were going with that comment, but I really haven't been all that impressed with Lowry this year. As an individual, sure he's a great player, and at times can be a game changer. But as the quarterback of the offense, I just haven't seen much out of him. I've been more impressed with Jose this year in the games where he has been the starter and more relied apon PG - high assist numbers, getting everyone involved, utilizing the strengths on the floor, etc. But at the end of the day...we are panicking in the 4th quarter and that falls onto DC's shoulders imo.

vCash
    if this was baseball i would agree with that. a basketball GM has to give the coach pieces that fit. to me that is every bit as important, if not more important, than just overall talent.
    Perhaps, but the GM can't be on the bench coaching his players to perform. He can do that in the background, like in any sport.

I think that we have the pieces, we need a coach that can utilize those pieces properly.

**And I'm not calling for DC's head...but he hasn't had his team performing well this season defensively or offensively...

vCash
    Perhaps, but the GM can't be on the bench coaching his players to perform. He can do that in the background, like in any sport.

I think that we have the pieces, we need a coach that can utilize those pieces properly.

**And I'm not calling for DC's head...but he hasn't had his team performing well this season defensively or offensively...
    question: what do you think the reaction would be if Casey went to Colangelo's office and said I think your boy is bench material?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    This season will decide. If the team comes together he stays, if not he'll be gone. I don't think they expect much of the team, I certainly don't. But if things don't work out he will have had long enough.

That said, I know we're not winning games but the reaction in here is lame. We just took the Spurs to multiple OT. We don't have a big game finisher. Do the math.

We're EXACTLY where young teams usually are: struggling to learn how to win close games.

We are NOT getting blown out, we have stretches of very good bball. We have shorter stretches of bad ball.

I just don't see why people get their underwear in a knot over this stuff.
    I agree. I DO think, though, that Bargs needs to FINALLY go. We've seen what he's about, long enough, and I don't think it's fitting the direction we're trying to go. BC, on the other hand, is trying his best to get us a championship team with the money and the resources he has. It's not easy doing his job and I know he'd do more if he had the money some other franchises have.

Adversaree & Phat Tony Present: Super Emcee

GameBreaker aka Adversaree aka Anakin Slangwalker:PioneerGang
    http://adversareepioneergangmusic.ba...-barz-sinister
    Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKvth...ture=g-all-lik

vCash
    question: what do you think the reaction would be if Casey went to Colangelo's office and said I think your boy is bench material?
    I think that if he has a case for it, its well recieved. I am very sure that BC is shopping everyone on the team - as long as the return is worth while, then he'll pull the trigger.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast