Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I am going to say test the market with him, if we don't get something good, real good don't sell. If we do get a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or a combination of picks we move Reese to starter and or sign someone else.
    The problem isnt in his worth,its that it will be his last year on the books.
    who is going to rent a back for one year for a 1st day draft pick?

Its not even a matter of how valuable he may prove to be, once the deal is made, he can lay back and say "either you pay me top 5 money or you just gave up a draft pick for a one year rental"
    Its bad business, he'll be here until 2014.

vCash
    Who do you want to see off the team? I have a Jersey curse. I get their Jersey, they leave or get traded lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    The problem isnt in his worth,its that it will be his last year on the books.
    who is going to rent a back for one year for a 1st day draft pick?

Its not even a matter of how valuable he may prove to be, once the deal is made, he can lay back and say "either you pay me top 5 money or you just gave up a draft pick for a one year rental"
    Its bad business, he'll be here until 2014.
    Good point. My only response to that would be that if someone wanted him bad enough to trade for him they'd probably want to give him a long term contract. But you make a good case for his staying here.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenChowMein View Post
    Who do you want to see off the team? I have a Jersey curse. I get their Jersey, they leave or get traded lol
    KNAPP...can we get a Knapp jersey made please...

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash
    how many times do I have to be right before you accept it?
    6 million is not a lot for a starting running back.the idea that we can plug and play a new one year after year just because Shanny did it in a 5 or 6 year window isnt supported by factual history.
    Ask GB how that rushing game has been going.
    ask the Cowboys, or the Pats.
    You need skilled, proven backs.No one is going to offer anything of value for a back in the last year of a big contravt and cutting him for nothing isntr going to happen.
    He is a Raider until his contract ends. bank on it...
    He's the fourth highest paid back in the league.

There is zero chance he'll be on the team next year, even if we have to cut him.

-Stork

vCash
    how many times do I have to be right before you accept it?
    6 million is not a lot for a starting running back.the idea that we can plug and play a new one year after year just because Shanny did it in a 5 or 6 year window isnt supported by factual history.
    Ask GB how that rushing game has been going.
    ask the Cowboys, or the Pats.
    You need skilled, proven backs.No one is going to offer anything of value for a back in the last year of a big contravt and cutting him for nothing isntr going to happen.
    He is a Raider until his contract ends. bank on it...
    Whaaaat...
    Pats are getting good results from Vereen and Ridley, made diminutive Danny Woodhead into a 5.6ypc/547yds back in 2010 and 4.6ypc/350yds back this year. They made Green-Ellis' career and they're doing the same thing with Brandon Bolden. Laurence Maroney put up 3 pretty good years for the pats (for his talent level), played in four games outside of Foxborough, and was out of the league. Sammy Morris played some of the best football of his tame career for the Patriots. Before that was Corey Dillon.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    KNAPP...can we get a Knapp jersey made please...

haha I'd feel like such a D-Bag wearing that

vCash
    90% of those bums will be gone. Want solid veteran signings would you like to see? Since most of the veterans on this roster will be dumped. I just wanna see players brought in who can still perform and players who have a championship under there belt to teach this squad what it takes to become a champion. And guide the youngins to success. Who has a Super Bowl aside from Seymour on this squad?

vCash
    Keepers

Palmer
    McFadden
    Reece
    Meyers
    Crinor
    Streeter
    Moore
    Veldheer
    Wiz
    Bergstrom
    Bryant
    Houston
    Shaunessy
    Wheeler
    Burris
    Huff
    Bartell
    Hanson
    Branch
    Janikowski

I am Hopefull Gaither fills in nicely in place of McClain and i would add him to my list for depth, everyone else can kick rocks!

vCash
    pats have been in the bottom of the league in rushing yards pretty consistenly for more then a decade.they also have placed a premium on O-line to protect their QB which translates into better then average production in the blocking game.
    If we traded Mcfadden to the pats they would win 4 more SBs, probably in a row...

vCash
    The Pats have been pretty consistent at getting 4 yards a carry. They don't amass yards because they don't run a lot.

McFadden would not impact their fortunes in the least. Nice exaggeration though.

-Stork

vCash
    A couple guys should be traded so we can acquire more draft picks

vCash
    Cut- Leinart, Calhoun, Hagan, Barnes, Hurd, Carlisle, Parsons, Andre Carter, Tommy Kelly, McClain, Vic So'oto, Philip Adams (dont know why he's still on the team), Coye Francis, Giordono, Hanson, Brandian Ross, Richard Seymour, Lechler could be gone too

vCash
    heyward-bey should take a paycut

vCash
    pats have been in the bottom of the league in rushing yards pretty consistenly for more then a decade.they also have placed a premium on O-line to protect their QB which translates into better then average production in the blocking game.
    If we traded Mcfadden to the pats they would win 4 more SBs, probably in a row...
    LOL....yeah right....

I'm sure he could, on the bench...

RB's are a dime a dozen. You don't need proven backs, and if we wanted a proven back, we sure as hell would not want DMC...who has proven nothing in his career. If he stays the feature back, I will be very disappointing in the management.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast