Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

4 Moves to Change the Future.

There are probably several threads similar to this one, but like most of you I am extremely frustrated with the way things have been since 2003.

These are just my opinions with a small explanation of why I think they would work.

Move 1. Trade McFadden for more pics.

Bottom line is he has a ton of talent, but not the health to go with it and I think it's safe to say the ZBS hasn't worked for him and even if it would, he hasn't been on the field enough to gain the experience he needs to be successful in it. The Raiders need good players at a lot of positions, not 1 great player at 1 position surrounded by a bunch of nominal players. More draft pics will fix this issue and McFadden is the only player with any trade value.

Move 2. Trade McLaine
    With the attitude issues and off the field problems there won't be much of a market for him but he's not worthless, someone will give up some pics for him.

Move 3. Hire Gruden
    The last coach worth a damn that ever coached this team and the only one to have success under Al Davis's rule which is in itself no small feat. I'd rather have an offense that pics up 5 to 7 yards every play with short passes and scores then watch a constant string of 3 and outs.

Move 4. Sign Alex Smith
    Putting him together with a west coast offense minded coach like Gruden is a match made in heaven. Smith doesn't throw the deep ball, but he's mobile and smart and he can make all the throws in the 20 yard window. The receivers on the roster now are guys designed to stretch the field, Carson is a pocket QB who can make those throws, but the line can't protect him long enough to allow him to make that type of offense successful. They can however protect for a few seconds in order for Smith to get the ball away in that short window and if they can't then Smith has the mobility to buy more time to make a throw on the run or scramble for positive yards, plus I'm sure he'd love to be a constant reminder to the 49'ers by staying in the area.

vCash
    Gruden isn't coming back

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    omfg did someone just post another thread about the Raiders and Jon Gruden?

wtf is wrong w/people?? TRY to be a little realistic. Just try.

vCash
    No to trading Run DMC

No to Alex Smith.

Please trade McLame

And I only whish Chucky would come back!!!!
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash

vCash
    Lots to change

vCash
    I don't give a **** what happens to DMAC, we have more pressing issues than RB. But as for the other 3, NO, NO, and again NO. McClain has no value, Gruden tore apart the Bucs and hasn't coached since, plus you can't fire another coach especially with the lack of talent he has to deal with, and Alex Smith is not the answer. Palmer was leading the AFC in passing yards going into the Saints game, its the rest of the team that needs to catch up. Smith has good targets in SF that are athletic and can score. They have a run game and one of the best defenses in the league. Our biggest problem is defense, and I think there is more than 4 players on that D that needs to change in order for us to be competitive. We have to stop giving away draft picks and over paying free agents while cutting the fat in order to be successful. Not another coaching and QB change. In 4 games we have given up the second most points since the merger, you can't win games like that.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    OP is smoking crack
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    dont be surprised to see Gruden in Philly

vCash
    I agree with ONE thing you said. Trade McFadden for picks.

No ONE is going to trade for McClain. He's due to make 8 and 7 million. NO ONE is paying that.

Gruden isn't coming here. Period. ENOUGH with this. Only way Gruden comes out of retirement is if he has a great QB to coach on a GOOD team.

Alex Smith over Carson Palmer. Please dude. If you think Alex Smith is in Palmer's conversation then you really need to reevaluate your football knowledge. And Gruden would hate Alex Smith. He wants a dink and dunker that can RUN for a first. See Gannon, Garcia, Gradkowski.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    OP is smoking crack

Real Talk