Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Same-Sex Marriage be Nationally Legalized?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I support it

31 83.78%
  • No, I don't support it

2 5.41%
  • Other (no clue what this would be)

4 10.81%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    The black/white thing isn't the same as gay marriage.

Nowhere in the bible does it say "Thou black people shall not vote", whereas it mentions homosexuality.

Two different matters entirely
    k....

During the time of slavery blacks weren't considered the same SPECIES as whites.
    The bible doesn't dictate public policy, the people do.

And what if it was; what about women and the other examples I gave? The only point here is that its an issue of human rights which routinely is supported by the left and routinely won over time. As this will be. So why bother fighting less rights?

vCash
    The black/white thing isn't the same as gay marriage.

Nowhere in the bible does it say "Thou black people shall not vote", whereas it mentions homosexuality.

Two different matters entirely
    It also mentions women wearing earrings, not touching a woman or anything she has touched while she is on her period, and stoning to death children who disrespect their parents.

Let's not act like this is anything but picking and choosing what people believe.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    k....

During the time of slavery blacks weren't considered the same SPECIES as whites.
    The bible doesn't dictate public policy, the people do.

And what if it was; what about women and the other examples I gave? The only point here is that its an issue of human rights which routinely is supported by the left and routinely won over time. As this will be. So why bother fighting less rights?
    I could have sworn you mentioned the bible, or else I wouldn't have brought it up.

My bad.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It also mentions women wearing earrings, not touching a woman or anything she has touched while she is on her period, and stoning to death children who disrespect their parents.

Let's not act like this is anything but picking and choosing what people believe.
    I don't want to make this a religion discussion, so I'll keep it brief:

You're taking all of these quotes out of context. For example, if any child decided not to pour his dad some water, he wouldn't get stoned to death.
    It's a long process, and it's likely that there was never a case of it actually happening.
    I could look at any book, and read "Dexter Morgan killed every human being in Miami...". If you stopped there, you'd say Dexter was a bad guy, but when you read the whole sentence: "Dexter Morgan killed every human being in Miami that deserved to die," he sounds like a Smooth Criminal

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    I could look at any book, and read "Dexter Morgan killed every human being in Miami...". If you stopped there, you'd say Dexter was a bad guy, but when you read the whole sentence: "Dexter Morgan killed every human being in Miami that deserved to die," he sounds like a Smooth Criminal
    Still a criminal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Still a criminal.
    No, a vigilante.

they're Lederhosen

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    No, a vigilante.
    Those are actually one in the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Those are actually one in the same.
    Ok, let's put it this way:

Out of context - Dexter is the Bad Guy
    With Context - Dexter is the Good Guy

they're Lederhosen

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Ok, let's put it this way:

Out of context - Dexter is the Bad Guy
    With Context - Dexter is the Good Guy
    In reality Dexter doesn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    In reality Dexter doesn't exist
    In solipsism, neither do you.

they're Lederhosen

vCash
    The "context" argument is such nonsense.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    The "context" argument is such nonsense.
    You said the bible says that people would stone children when they disobeyed.
    That's out of context.

But again, this is a political forum.

they're Lederhosen

vCash
    You said the bible says that people would stone children when they disobeyed.
    That's out of context.

But again, this is a political forum.
    No, I said "disrespect." You could also use "curses," if you'd like. Deut., Leviticus, Proverbs, all of them say it.

You could also easily, and many did, make a religious argument for continuing slavery. It would be patently absurd to do such a thing now, because despite what religious books may say we can all agree slavery is bad.

What this tells us is, making a religious argument for anything like this is doomed from the start. We already have no problem abolishing slavery, touching a woman on her period, letting women wear jewelry, and eating supposedly "unclean" animals. To do all of those things without hesitation or second thought, but then decide that one adult should not be able to marry another adult they love because you decided to follow one random part of a book but not another is the height of insanity.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    No, I said "disrespect." You could also use "curses," if you'd like. Deut., Leviticus, Proverbs, all of them say it.

You could also easily, and many did, make a religious argument for continuing slavery. It would be patently absurd to do such a thing now, because despite what religious books may say we can all agree slavery is bad.

What this tells us is, making a religious argument for anything like this is doomed from the start. We already have no problem abolishing slavery, touching a woman on her period, letting women wear jewelry, and eating supposedly "unclean" animals. To do all of those things without hesitation or second thought, but then decide that one adult should not be able to marry another adult they love because you decided to follow one random part of a book but not another is the height of insanity.
    Disobeyed is disrespecting.
    Slavery in the bible doesn't mean black and white...

Whatever. All arguments lead to bible discussion and it all depends on how oneself interprets it. There are some sickos out there that believe everything they read, or are told, without any thought.

Those are the people that wanted to stick to slavery, (not) allowing women to wear jewellery (?), etc.

they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Disobeyed is disrespecting.
    Slavery in the bible doesn't mean black and white...

Whatever. All arguments lead to bible discussion and it all depends on how oneself interprets it. There are some sickos out there that believe everything they read, or are told, without any thought.

Those are the people that wanted to stick to slavery, (not) allowing women to wear jewellery (?), etc.
    I didn't say slavery in the Bible meant black and white. But slavery is slavery. It doesn't say "Don't own Africans, but owning another Jew is A-OK!" It allows for the owning of people. Period. About that, there can be no honest debate.

The mere fact that it's all up to interpretation, combined with the fact that using it to justify passing or not passing a law is no justification at all thanks to our separation of church and state.

You and I can sit here now and say that the people that wanted to continue slavery, or stop women from wearing jewelry, or keep women as basically second class citizens were wrong. And we know they were wrong, not because of any world religion, but because that is where morality has now advanced to. Homosexuality is simply the next step in that process. What the Bible, or any other book, has to say about it could not possibly matter less.
    Visit my Blog.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast