Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Same-Sex Marriage be Nationally Legalized?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I support it

31 83.78%
  • No, I don't support it

2 5.41%
  • Other (no clue what this would be)

4 10.81%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I just want to know who said it was fine to redefine marriage the first time. It use to be a contract between a man and the woman whose father he bribed to own here. Being back real traditional marriage!
    Also, polygamy.

And child brides.

And arranged marriages.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    I hate gays, but I don't care if they get married. the gov needs to stay out of people's lives and pocket book.
    Take out the word "gays" insert the n-word and we're back to the 1950s/60s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Bunch of gays kick your dog or something?

They're weird. I stick with my own kind.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    stop it...do blacks choose to be black? Liberals love to reach.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    Clean, nice, polite?
    Not much of a reach when you're saying gems like you hate gays.

vCash
    So.. humans, then?

Or your gender?

Or race?

Hair color?

"Kind" is such a ridiculous designation. There are ten thousand different "kinds" you could stick to.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    No more than gays choose to be gay.

Why don't you tell us all about when you choose to be straight?
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    I find it to be a good thing to stray away from my kind at times. I don't like to inbreed or anything like that.

vCash
    Uhhh gay people don't choose to be gay. There have been studies done on differences in brain stimulation between heterosexuals and homosexuals that prove that homosexuals and heterosexuals are born with brains that react differently to chemical reactions. I'm on my phone right now, so I'll find the article later. But why would anyone choose to be gay when they are heavily discriminated against.

vCash
    Religion pretty much is the only "sensible" argument...and since that's the case, keep it the **** out of our politics please. Any other argument to suggest that gay marriage shouldn't be allowed is, to be frank, a complete joke (not that the religious argument isn't either).
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Uhhh gay people don't choose to be gay. There have been studies done on differences in brain stimulation between heterosexuals and homosexuals that prove that homosexuals and heterosexuals are born with brains that react differently to chemical reactions. I'm on my phone right now, so I'll find the article later. But why would anyone choose to be gay when they are heavily discriminated against.
    And beyond that: Why does it matter? Who cares if people choose to be gay or not? Does this somehow make it automatically bad if it's a choice instead of the way you're born?
    Visit my Blog.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Just because there are differences in brain stimulation does not mean it's all innate... And just because they find average differences even at birth, it's highly unlikely that this is true for all gay people. It's not like they can immage a brain at birth and say without a doubt... Darling, that kid is going to be gay. Essentially for most people there is no level of choice involved... but for a small minority there is likely some level of choice to be gay and a choice to be straight. And like Nate says it doesn't ****ing matter.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-26-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    A true test for anyone who wants to work on sharpening their debating skills- pick a social issue you feel strongly about, and take the argument opposing your own, and see how successfully you can argue it.

I think if I were to debate this issue from the position opposite my own (anti- gay marriage), I would make an argument for the institution that is marriage in the religious context. Arguing instead that "marriage" be defined as being between a man and a woman, as defined by church doctrine, and has been for centuries. I would argue that the definition of marriage today has been bastardized by secular groups attempting to delegitimize the term. I would then argue that while gay couples may be granted the right by indiviidual states to join in a civil union, marriages are essentiall civil unions observed by the church. So the two would be legally identical in every respect with the exception of the term, and observance by the church. This might avoid constitutional issues reating disparity between the two terms.

I feel like I need a shower after proposing this as an argument, but if I were to have to make that argument, this would be the tact I would take. However, I still see an issue with the fourth ammendment.

vCash
    see, it comes back to definitions.
    Marriage was before the eyes of the Judeo-christian God.
    The fact that states then co-opded the Term is where the divisivness is rooted.
    @ longhorn. Im going to try and help you out here because I understand some of your angst.
    There are many, many Gay people that I disliked a great deal.
    The flamboyantly over the top,in your face crap...really offends me.
    Be whoever you want, just dont shove it in my face every chance you get.

I feel that a lot of race relations have the same unfortunate dynamic.
    I have been in the company of quite a few Blacks , who happily victimize everyone in their communities,I actually heard a guy tell a story of watching some lady putting her purchases into her car as he walked by, and she forgot to put a DVD player underneath the cart into her trunk.
    Rather then pointing out her mistake, he quietly watched her drive away and then ran to the cart and took the Item.
    He was telling some of his friends that GOD had left it there for him,and they were all in agreement.

See, I really hate that many people in that community feel that way and do those things ,just like I dont like when a Gay man makes a pass a me unconcerned about my sexuality.
    But you simply cannot hold everyone accountable for the actions of individuals based on a perception of Likeness.
    Your kind is that black man and that gay man, longhorn..hopefully one day you will understand that.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    I also want to "Gulp" jump in here to defend longhornfan... What he says is actually an honest statement that is true, not just for him but also for humans. We like to be with our own "kind" for some this is race, or sex orientation or liberals, or you name it. Lord knows I have Gay friends who rarely hang out with straight people. When you have shared knowledge, and a shard culture it makes life and communication easier. there is a level of comfort etc. with these folks. It sounds racist or homophobic when one is in the majority and they say it (and when they say it as bluntly and as insensitive as Longhorn did). But it's true of all of us. Seriously if you are liberal and educated, aren't most of your friends and people you interact with liberal and educated? Even if you are like me and have the urge to hang out with people of different backgrounds and cultures, in order for that to result in anything of a meaningful relationship that other person has to want to hang out with people of different backgrounds and culture... thus we are of the same "kind".
    Last edited by flips333; 11-26-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast