Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBadBoy View Post
    lol this is good BUT is Phil a "husband to a murdered wife...father to a murdered son, who will have his vengeance, in this life or the next?!"
    His wife could be the game and his son could be his legacy. You can say Mitch is killing the game and rid himself of Phils legacy that was left behind lol. Im reaching, but i second this as the post of the year lol

vCash
    Jerry Buss - Marcus Aurelius

not even close

The real Marcus Aurelius would have had Phils back..... Jerry Buss back-stabbed Phil..... I would say Jerry is Quintis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    Jerry Buss - Marcus Aurelius

not even close

The real Marcus Aurelius would have had Phils back..... Jerry Buss back-stabbed Phil..... I would say Jerry is Quintis
    ^

vCash
    I like this. Gladiator is one of my favorite movies too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7002 View Post
    Damn I really need to watch this movie lol

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    I said from the start that Jim screwed everything up when he hired D'Antoni and I was ridiculed by all the myopic apologists on here. Now that we got embarrassed at home by a lottery team due to the missing D in Antoni's name, I hope that people will begin to see the light. Like my sig says...we want Phil!!!

vCash
    Things are heating up now...just like in the movie. Phil (Maximus) is gearing up for his showdown with Jimmy (Commodus).

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

vCash
    The "we want Phil" chants are just like the "Maximus, Maximus" chants in the movie. lol Such similarities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    I can't believe I just read all of that. It is an interesting analogy though
    lol. same here can't believe i read all of that..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    Here's another movie analogy.....Jimmy Buss as captain of the Titanic if they don't get this straightened out this summer. The boat is already taking on water already, And sinking fast!

vCash
    This is all about keeping Howard and making way for PJ to come into the org IMO. PJ has been making very obvious courting plugs in the media for Howard saying first he'd take Russle a defensive minded big over MJ and then that there's still an advantage for having the best big on your team in todays NBA.That and Howard probably stated the obvious and said something like yeah D'ant isn't going to work for me and neither is the duesche bag that hired him. I mean I am not even comfortable being a fan at this point why would one of the most desired FA's in the league today be comfortable signing away his future?
    This is how I bleed

vCash
    pffft.

Let's face the facts: If anything, Jim Buss is more like Hamlet, and Phil Jackson is more like Hamlet's uncle.

Jim Buss was clearly his father's choice to run the franchise, and he has worked hard to fulfill that role and
    has not done anything to embarass or hurt the team. Yes this season was bad but that cannot be blamed
    on Jim Buss really.

Phil Jackson, on the other hand, is out there talk-talk-talking everyday on a different talk show. One day trashing Kobe, one day Jim Buss and Lakers FO, next day saying how great he was, etc.

If you caught PJ on The Herd day before yesterday, when asked about people being "threatened by his awesome success" he specifically mentioned Jerry Buss, and said that Jerry Buss was freaked out that Phil won a title so quickly, and that he thought it made the rest of the Laker people look bad, and that he wished Phil would've taken another year or two to get there.

This was one of the ugliest things I've ever heard anybody say about the Lakers, and if you ask me I think it's just time for Phil Jackson to freakin' move on with his life. Go to Cleveland and be "the next Tex Winters" or however he envisions that.

First he wasn't offered the Laker job, then he was, first he didn't want it, then he did, then he didn't. First he thinks Kobe is the best, then Jordan, then Bill Russell, then he rights another book. Blah blah blah. Let's face it this guy jumped the shark like 5 years ago and those of you thinking he could still be the Laker's savior are completely mistaken and wrong. The guy sucked in 2011, and could barely sit on the bench anymore. And then he's asking for $12M to be a part time coach, AND take over the FO, AND handpick successors, and no doubt he wants an ownership stake to. What a joke. Or he probably wants all that just to lend his name as a "consultant". So idiotic. It doesn't take a basketball genius to fire Dantoni. And if Howard wants to go FINE he is not Laker material.

see ya Phil
    Last edited by Sssmush; 05-31-2013 at 09:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    I was just watching Gladiator (one of my favorite movies) this Thanksgiving weekend and couldn't help but to make an analogy in relation to what's going on with the Lakers right now.

Phil Jackson - Maximus: Great Legendary General of the Roman armies who won many great battles (5 rings) for the empire. Loved and respected by the people even more than their current emperor Commodus (Jimmy). Protagonist to Commodus.

Jim Buss - Commodus: The undeserving heir to the empire who's arrogance and ego causes him to make terrible decisions. Not nearly as great a man as his father, and casts Maximus (Phil) into exile out of jealousy. Antagonist to Maximus.

Jeanie Buss - Lucilla: Sister to Commodus who is very upset at the decisions her brother is making, but is unable to help out of fear and loyalty to her family. Love interest to Maximus (Phil).

Magic Johnson - Proximo: Former legendary gladiator who has a small vested interest in the success of the current games. Torn between helping Maximus and his own personal financial pursuit.

Jerry Buss - Marcus Aurelius: Former Emperor who lifted the Roman Empire to it's current legendary status. Loved by the people. Unwillingly passes his power to his brat son who his unfit to rule.

Jerry West - Gracchus: A well respected high ranking Senator who loves the empire and worked hand and hand with the former emperor Marcus Aurelius (Jerry Buss) to accomplish great things (10 rings) for it in the past. Is disgusted with Commodus' new role and is the most vocal in speaking out against him. Due to this, he is eventually stripped of his title and rank and driven into exile.

Brian Shaw - Juba: Fights along side Maximus (Phil) in the games. His his most trusted right hand man and friend.

Chaz the Bartender - Falco: Closest and only ally to Commodus (Jimmy) in the Senate. Has a mutual and similar self interest to Commodus and conspires to help rid him of his enemies in order to consolidate his power.

Ronnie Lester - Gaius: He supported the Senator Gracchus (Jerry West) and is often seen with him. Also a member of the Senate. He is targeted by Commodus because of this and will eventually have a similar fate to Gracchus despite years of loyal service.

Mitch Kupchack - Quintus: Only high ranking member of the former regime to maintain his current position. Worked along side Maximus (Phil) in the past in order to win many victories (5 rings) for the empire, yet remains completely loyal to the current rule despite his misgivings about Commodus (Jimmy).

Kurt Rambis - Hagen: Also fights along side Maximus in the games. He is a trusted friend and ally. Second only to Juba (Shaw).

Joey Buss - Lucius: Next in line to rule after Commodus (Jimmy).

Lawrence Tanter - Cassius: Was the head of the Gladitorial Games in the Colosseum and its announcer.

Kobe Bryant - Cicero: A great warrior/general who served directly under Maximus (Phil). He was Maximus' most trusted and gifted ally on the battlefield who directly helped him to win many great victories (5 rings). Yearns to have his former general back so that they can win many more battles (rings) together.

Mike Brown - Tigris of Gaul: A rival gladiator sought out by Commodus in order to defeat Maximus on the battlefield and destroy his legend in the eyes of the people. He fails miserably.

Here is a brief description of the cast of Gladiator in case you don't happen to remember who each of the characters described above are. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172495/

If I forgot anyone...feel free to add them.

Dude, where do you get your pot?

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

vCash
    Sorry man, you know the rules, can't bump old threads..

But feel free to discuss analogies in the off-topic thread where they really belong anyway.

Free As Seagull.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123