vCash
    Excellent write up.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    D'Antoni:

"Are you not entertained? Are you not Entertained!!"

vCash
    It would have been funnier if I thought the Jim Buss hate was justified.
    I'm a Lakers fan...BUT:

1) No I don't think Kobe > MJ

2) No I don't think LeBron sucks.

3) No I don't think it's funny to continuously make jokes about Charles Osborne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    I was just watching Gladiator (one of my favorite movies) this Thanksgiving weekend and couldn't help but to make an analogy in relation to what's going on with the Lakers right now.

Phil Jackson - Maximus: Great Legendary General of the Roman armies who won many great battles (5 rings) for the empire. Loved and respected by the people even more than their current emperor Commodus (Jimmy). Protagonist to Commodus.

Jim Buss - Commodus: The undeserving heir to the empire who's arrogance and ego causes him to make terrible decisions. Not nearly as great a man as his father, and casts Maximus (Phil) into exile out of jealousy. Antagonist to Maximus.

Jeanie Buss - Lucilla: Sister to Commodus who is very upset at the decisions her brother is making, but is unable to help out of fear and loyalty to her family. Love interest to Maximus (Phil).

Magic Johnson - Proximo: Former legendary gladiator who has a small vested interest in the success of the current games. Torn between helping Maximus and his own personal financial pursuit.

Jerry Buss - Marcus Aurelius: Former Emperor who lifted the Roman Empire to it's current legendary status. Loved by the people. Unwillingly passes his power to his brat son who his unfit to rule.

Jerry West - Gracchus: A well respected high ranking Senator who loves the empire and worked hand and hand with the former emperor Marcus Aurelius (Jerry Buss) to accomplish great things (10 rings) for it in the past. Is disgusted with Commodus' new role and is the most vocal in speaking out against him. Due to this, he is eventually stripped of his title and rank and driven into exile.

Brian Shaw - Juba: Fights along side Maximus (Phil) in the games. His his most trusted right hand man and friend.

Chaz the Bartender - Falco: Closest and only ally to Commodus (Jimmy) in the Senate. Has a mutual and similar self interest to Commodus and conspires to help rid him of his enemies in order to consolidate his power.

Ronnie Lester - Gaius: He supported the Senator Gracchus (Jerry West) and is often seen with him. Also a member of the Senate. He is targeted by Commodus because of this and will eventually have a similar fate to Gracchus despite years of loyal service.

Mitch Kupchack - Quintus: Only high ranking member of the former regime to maintain his current position. Worked along side Maximus (Phil) in the past in order to win many victories (5 rings) for the empire, yet remains completely loyal to the current rule despite his misgivings about Commodus (Jimmy).

Kurt Rambis - Hagen: Also fights along side Maximus in the games. He is a trusted friend and ally. Second only to Juba (Shaw).

Joey Buss - Lucius: Next in line to rule after Commodus (Jimmy).

Lawrence Tanter - Cassius: Was the head of the Gladitorial Games in the Colosseum and its announcer.

Kobe Bryant - Cicero: A great warrior/general who served directly under Maximus (Phil). He was Maximus' most trusted and gifted ally on the battlefield who directly helped him to win many great victories (5 rings). Yearns to have his former general back so that they can win many more battles (rings) together.

Mike Brown - Tigris of Gaul: A rival gladiator sought out by Commodus in order to defeat Maximus on the battlefield and destroy his legend in the eyes of the people. He fails miserably.

Here is a brief description of the cast of Gladiator in case you don't happen to remember who each of the characters described above are. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172495/

If I forgot anyone...feel free to add them.

Post of the year

vCash
    So does this mean Jim wants to sleep with Jeanie?

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritz View Post
    this is probably why he hates phil so much

vCash
    Post. Of. The. Year.

Nice work.

Jeanie DID do a Playboy spread with a bunch of the trophies.......

vCash
    Hard to say, but that would explain a lot. I mean what other than that could be a justifiable reason to not hire the best coach available. It's like someone telling you that you have a choice between two bags...one with 5 million dollars in it, and the other one with only 2 million. Obviously you take the one with 5 right??? Not Jimmy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERMANIA:24462185
    Ha, my friend showed me this from Reddit, either way, it's hillarious!
    So this is a copy and paste?

Busted!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    So this is a copy and paste?

Busted!!
    This ain't cut and paste. I wrote it all myself. I defy anyone to show me anything close to similar to what I wrote.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    This ain't cut and paste. I wrote it all myself. I defy anyone to show me anything close to similar to what I wrote.
    I'm not saying you took it, but my friend showed me something similar on Reddit.. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but it was hilarious then and still hilarious now!

Especially the fact that Jim Buss is the emperor

Also for those who like Game of Thrones:

Jim Buss: King Jeoffrey
    Kobe: Jamie Lannister
    Jeanie: Queen Cersei (forgot her name)
    Jerry Buss: Tywin Lannister (the father)
    Phil Jackson: King Baratheon
    Tyrion Lannister (the imp): Mitch Kupchek

vCash
    Phil Jackson is Chong in "Cheech and Chong do the Lakers, man"
    Last edited by Sssmush; 11-27-2012 at 07:46 PM.

vCash
    Damn I really need to watch this movie lol
    #Chow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7002 View Post
    Damn I really need to watch this movie lol
    yes
    Last edited by Sssmush; 11-27-2012 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    lol this is good BUT is Phil a "husband to a murdered wife...father to a murdered son, who will have his vengeance, in this life or the next?!"

NBA'S Next Most Dominant Big Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvryuQDtWA
    FIND ME ON TWITTER @pistons_talk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast