Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tennessee Titans vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Its late but figured I would make a thread in case somebody wanted to talk about the game.

Just when you think that this team has turned the corner and starting to put the pieces together they go out and lose to a 1-9 Jacksonville team. Its even more frustrating when you consider that with a win they would only be 1-game back of a wild card spot.

This was a game they needed to win especially with Green Bay, Houston and Indianapolis all still left on the schedule. I can see them going 6-10.

I put the majority of the blame for the loss today on the offense. They only put up 19 points on a team that had only allowed less than 27 points once in their previous 10 games. The turnovers didn't help either.

But on the defensive side of the ball they stepped it up but still showed issues that need to be cleaned up. They let Chad Henne come in and complete 8 passes of 20+ yards. I liked the pressure they got on the quarterback. Zach Brown is getting better and showing promise. They better get Verner signed in the offseason he is their best player in the secondary. Michael Griffin has got fined and penalized how many times this year for illegal hits and yet still is out there doing it repeatedly.

vCash
    I can't help but think that this game was the final nail in several peoples coffin.

vCash
    Didn't get a chance to watch this game or the last. How is Ayers looking? Tackling any better? I had high hopes for him, but the games I've watched he has missed multiple tackles.

Are the defensive woes still mainly with the d line and Griffin? The whole Griffin thing makes me sick, and I've been the founder of his fan club since drafted. It just feels like they extend the wrong people more often than not.

Agreed on Verner! I was really upset with the McCourty deal considering I'd rather have that money in #20's pockets.

At this point I hope we play each game close and Locker kills it, but hope we lose. I want that higher pick to get one of the stud linemen. Lotulelei please.

EDIT: Also that's good to hear with Brown! If Ayers gets his shiz together and McCarthy can stay healthy we've got a legit LB core to head the defense for years to come.
    Last edited by scarylarry23; 11-26-2012 at 05:03 PM.

vCash
    The defense played well enough that they should have won the game. This one was on the coaches IMO They had some blown assignments in the secondary but they were outschemed by the Jaguars.

I want to know why the Titans moved the ball seemingly up and down the field at will in the hurry up spreading out the Jaguars (surprise surprise the same style offense many of us have been asking for all season) and then at the end of the game went away from it?

vCash
    I noticed the Titans had seven sacks in the game and that Brown had two. What were they doing differently defensively to get pressure? Were they blitzing a lot more often? And how effective was it against the Jags passing attack?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I noticed the Titans had seven sacks in the game and that Brown had two. What were they doing differently defensively to get pressure? Were they blitzing a lot more often? And how effective was it against the Jags passing attack?
    It was more on the Jaguars and what they didn't do than what the Titans done IMO. They were bringing the blitz a little more but the Jaguars were struggling to pick it up and from my memory several of the sacks guys went untouched off the line. Then the Jaguars were doing deeper drops as well.

But still the Titans defense played much better and done enough that they should have won the game. The offense failed to do their part.