Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Titans fire Chris Palmer

FINALLY

vCash
    Been calling for it all year. Hopefully this lights a fire under Jerry Gray as well.

I brought this up in the game thread that the offense was outcoached. They have the personel to be an amazing hurry-up offense and instead week after week we see Craig Stevens and Taylor Thompson on the field as much as Jared Cook and Kenny Britt.... Chris Palmer is too old be a playcaller in the modern NFL where the rules are built around the passing game. This is what the Titans get for going with a guy that has been a coach at what 11/12 different teams?
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 11-26-2012 at 11:33 PM.

vCash
    Was there a replacement named?

vCash
    They gave it to Loggains, the QB coach. Not sure if it's an interim position or if he's the permanent hire but seeing that he was under Palmers system, it may be more of the same.

vCash
    He has been with the franchise for many years before palmer joined...It should and will def be a different offense
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    This is a huge step in the right direction. They need a passing minded playcaller who can draw up creative ways to make use of all the weapons on this team. They spent a first round pick on another receiver and I hardly ever see them find creative ways to get Wright the ball. With Wright, Washington, Britt, Cook and CJ to utilize in the passing game and an athletic quarterback with a rocket arm, there's no reason why this offense should have sputtered the way it has this year.

I admit I'm not familiar with the QB coach, but hopefully he can help Locker's game develop a little bit more until they find another OC in the offseason.

vCash
    Good news! Should see much more of Cook in the passing game, Britt too. I think this will do nothing but keep CJ's performance progressing as well. I still think Gray gets canned after the season. Too much talent on both sides of the ball to be as inconsistent as they are. If Loggains proves himself , fine. But I hope they actually find a real OC in the offseason, not an old has been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_ballz View Post
    Good news! Should see much more of Cook in the passing game, Britt too. I think this will do nothing but keep CJ's performance progressing as well. I still think Gray gets canned after the season. Too much talent on both sides of the ball to be as inconsistent as they are. If Loggains proves himself , fine. But I hope they actually find a real OC in the offseason, not an old has been.
    I hate to disagree but this defense is not that good right now. We have plenty of bright spots to build on and they have shown flashes of brilliance this season but for the most part the defense is just young. They have not put it all together this year thus far but I think the pieces are there to do something special. We are about a player or two away from competing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullTitan View Post
    They gave it to Loggains, the QB coach. Not sure if it's an interim position or if he's the permanent hire but seeing that he was under Palmers system, it may be more of the same.
    It is a move expected to carryover to next season. I think that was what they were planning on doing at the end of the season and figured they mind as well go ahead and make the change now so that these guys get some work in for next year.

He is a Mike Heimerdinger guy and his offense will resemble that so expect more playaction and down the field passing. He also is gonna give Jack Locker room to make changes at the line something that Palmer was against according to what Ive read online.

This is a move that the players wanted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This is a huge step in the right direction. They need a passing minded playcaller who can draw up creative ways to make use of all the weapons on this team. They spent a first round pick on another receiver and I hardly ever see them find creative ways to get Wright the ball. With Wright, Washington, Britt, Cook and CJ to utilize in the passing game and an athletic quarterback with a rocket arm, there's no reason why this offense should have sputtered the way it has this year.

I admit I'm not familiar with the QB coach, but hopefully he can help Locker's game develop a little bit more until they find another OC in the offseason.
    Exactly. Chris Palmer has all the experience in the world but his coaching style just isn't cut out for the modern NFL which is all about spreading out the defense and being aggressive as opposed to Palmer's very very conservative style.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_ballz View Post

vCash
    Thank God! An offense with this much potential should not be stifled by the Jaguars. -_-

vCash
    Apparently Loggains is very highly regarded within the organization. Knowing Bud, I'd wager that he's the new OC, not just an interim guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Awesome-O View Post
    Apparently Loggains is very highly regarded within the organization. Knowing Bud, I'd wager that he's the new OC, not just an interim guy.
    He is Munchak announced it the other day saying that this was the move they were gonna make in the offseason and just decided to go ahead and make it now to give them a head start and stuff to look at in the offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Awesome-O View Post
    I don't understand why they just didn't go to him after they got rid of Dinger? That just makes zero sense to me.
    Chicago Cubs: Trade deadline time...yay...
    Tennessee Titans: In Whiz we trust.
    Utah Jazz: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Exum baby! Nice Rodney Hood thievery. Now get Gordo resigned.

vCash
    Well we are forced to give him the benefit of the doubt as it stands to see how he makes adjustments to the offense. Defensively speaking, thats a whole new kettle of fish.