Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Roster News (Giants Sign Kregg Lumpkin - Post #1000; Will Sign Torain too - #1010))

2012 Roster News Thread

Signings, Trades, Cuts, Injuries...

ROSTER ACTIVITY

Signed:
    OL Scott Wedige
    CB Terrence Frederick
    DT Marcus Thomas (Denver)
    DB/KR Laron Scott (Saints)

CURRENT PRACTICE SQUAD
    DE Matt Broha
    OL Selvish Capers
    TE Larry Donnell
    WR David Douglas
    DB Laron Scott
    T Matt McCants
    CB Terrence Frederick
    RB Joe Martinek

IR
    OL Brandon Mosley
    DT Martin Parker
    DT Shaun Rogers
    CB Terrell Thomas
    DE Justin Trattou

PUP
    DT Chris Canty
    TE Travis Beckum
    S Will Hill (suspension)

Released/Waived:
    WR Brandon Collins
    T Matt McCants
    DE Craig Marshall
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 10-09-2012 at 05:13 PM.

vCash
    Giants' Will Beatty sidelined by back issue

Published: Monday, June 04, 2012, 5:29 PM
    By Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger

The Giants held a brief organized team activities session today the final OTA open to the media that included only individual drills, team walk-throughs and 7-on-7 passing drills. In other words, at no point did the offensive and defensive lines face one another.

Still, there was a notable absence once again in left tackle Will Beatty, who was not on the field for the workout. Beatty is dealing with an undisclosed back issue.

Thats kind of slowed him down. Hes improving every day, coach Tom Coughlin said. I dont know that he will make the minicamp (next week), but hes making good progress.

Beatty missed the final month-plus of the regular season and all of the postseason with a detached retina. Now, its his back, which flared up in the week before the game against the Eagles last November (the game in which he injured his eye).

Coughlin was asked if the back problem is going to be an ongoing issue for Beatty.

I hope not, but its always a concern, Coughlin said. Anybody that has had a bad back realizes that if you get yourself in trouble its very difficult to get out of trouble in a short amount of time. Its painful. But he hes worked well at it. Hes in every meeting and Im encouraged by that. Hes not uncomfortable sitting in his meeting room chair, so hes making good progress.

In the meantime, James Brewer has worked as the first-string left tackle, though Brewer said hes also taken reps at right tackle.

Todays dose of bad injury news came early when S Tyler Sash appeared to strain his hamstring in the first portion of practice.

Sash, a sixth-round pick last year who played in all 20 of the teams games as a rookie and was a key contributor on special teams in the playoffs, was limping very badly both on his way off the field and in the locker room a bit later. The way he was moving, it was pretty clear he wont be doing anything for the rest of the spring. Well see if this issue lingers into training camp.

As I said, it was a brief practice with no team drills, so we can really only highlight a few things that happened during 7-on-7s. But first, a rundown of the injury situation:

--DT Shaun Rogers was not on the field. Coughlin said hes been dealing with an elbow issue. Rogers has been participating in meetings.

--CBs Corey Webster (undisclosed), Terrell Thomas (knee) and Prince Amukamara (foot) all sat out 7-on-7s, as they have for all of the OTAs. Coughlin said Amukamara has only been cleared to do individual drills. I was hoping, having him cleared to do individual, and a couple of other guys, we might be outside on the grass, Coughlin said. But we were in here (in the indoor facility) because of the weather.

--Obviously, WR Hakeem Nicks (foot) and TEs Travis Beckum (knee) and Jake Ballard (knee) were not on hand. Also, DT Chris Canty (knee) remains out.

--Others limited at least a little bit: DE Justin Tuck (shoulder), S Kenny Phillips (knee), RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot), TE Martellus Bennett (hamstring) WR Dan DePalma (hip) and CB Antwaun Molden (hamstring).

--DT Markus Kuhn is sitting out because apparently he doesnt have a work visa. Jorge Castillo will have more on that for you on Tuesday.
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...delined_b.html

vCash
    Ok, I misread the information, whoever corrected me in the other thread about it being Beatty and not boothe, thanks

vCash
    Sigh.

Does Will Beatty have a history of back issues?

vCash
    Im egger to see how Prince improves with a full training camp!

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Sigh.

Does Will Beatty have a history of back issues?
    As someone who comes off as a know it all I would think you would know this, but anyway yes he does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Im egger to see how Prince improves with a full training camp!
    Yeah if he ever participates. I'm not liking the vibes I'm getting from him so far. He better step it up once he's recovered.

vCash
    I'm really worried about Beattys back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by airronijordan View Post
    I'm really worried about Beattys back.
    Yea we're gonna be in serious trouble if his back is acting up all season. JR really needs to take a hard look at this O Line and try to add someone before training camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Yea we're gonna be in serious trouble if his back is acting up all season. JR really needs to take a hard look at this O Line and try to add someone before training camp.
    Do you realistically think that's gonna happen? Do we even have cap space left to sign someone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah if he ever participates. I'm not liking the vibes I'm getting from him so far. He better step it up once he's recovered.
    I thought I read the other day that he's participating in individual drills now and that he's 100%?

I have high hopes for the kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Do you realistically think that's gonna happen? Do we even have cap space left to sign someone?
    No I don't which really makes me nervous, JR would have to get creative.

vCash
    Giants S Antrel Rolle said after the team re-did its deal with Osi Umenyiora, “We have an outstanding defensive line without Osi, but with Osi there it makes it that much better. I think we have a great team all the way around, not just the defensive line. We’re stacked right now at each and every position.”
    I like

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    No I don't which really makes me nervous, JR would have to get creative.
    Like signing someone at the veteran min....like Locklear. That's really our only option without having to throw a young guy into the fire and possibly scaring their development.

Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    I thought I read the other day that he's participating in individual drills now and that he's 100%?

I have high hopes for the kid.
    I haven't heard him being 100%. He's been limited in everything so far.

Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    I like
    "each and every position"*

*excluding tight end, left tackle, left guard, right tackle, strong side linebacker

It's good that his name is Rolle since I want to roll(e) my eyes every time he says something.

vCash
    I'm pretty comfortable with tight end and sam honestly.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast