Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Embarrassing

vCash
    I don't think this is the "draft for OL." Prior to this season, we spent 2 first round picks on OT. Yes, Buluga was horrible in the first half against Seattle and has had some other bad moments, but other than that, he was solid this year. We don't know what we have in Sherrod, but we spent a first round pick on him, so there has to be something we like about him. When Lang gets moved back to LG, we have our guards pretty much set. While I don't think Lang and Sitton are elite, they aren't terrible either. Newhouse can actually be a very good backup OT at both positions. I also still think EDS can play center.

I do think we'll draft a few OL, but I'm not sure I'd spend a whole ton of picks on the line. Plus the worst we'll finish (barring another major injury) is probably 9-7, which puts us at best around the 20 pick. There probably won't be a better option at LT sitting their than Sherrod anyway. So really, we either need a starting center (if you don't like EDS there) or a pretty solid backup interior lineman.

I know that was probably a sloppy, unoraganized mess of thoughts there, but ultimately what I'm getting at is if we get everyone healthy, I don't really think OL is a major priority in the draft. Sherrod/Newhouse, Lang, EDS/Saturday, Sitton, Buluga is probably the best we are going to do next year anyway, even if we dedicate this draft to OL since there usually aren't immediate nfl ready tackles sitting around in the 20s. The only other area that can probably be upgraded is center.

vCash
    giants got embarassed by the bengals... 49ers tied to the rams and got embarassed by the giants as well... pats were dominated by arizona until like a 4 min left in the game and still lost... it happens. we def have issues but no team has showed to be the overwhelmingly dominant this year so lets not get too crazy.

ps ALL of our draft picks this year need to be in the trenches, oline and dline need to be way more influencial in games. and do somethin about the rb situation please TT, u tried to pull a rabbit out ur *** and it hasnt worked

vCash
    oh yea, also its embarassing to have a tight end who is mad he doesnt get the ball and drops it when he does, then on top of that cant block for ****... i know finley taken a lotta heat but id rather have a tight end who can block better at this point

vCash
    Going back over this game and watching film I have no idea why on 3rd down and long Capers would not bring the house instead he would rush 4 and with out Mathews playing the only true person we have to get to the QB. Capers has to make adjustments and run stunts to get pressure to the QB...
    ~
    I still am ashamed that with 34 seconds to go before half time being down by 21 with 2 timeouts Ball on the 35 yard line were not calling a time out on 2nd and 5 and taking a shot down field. To me that is embarrassing.
    ~
    I have no idea what the conversation was in the locker at half time but to me it could not have been a very motivational speech.
    ~
    And actually Finely on the opening play of the 2nd half saved Rodgers from another pick... Ball intended for Nelson batted in the air and Finely got in there and grabbed it before another defender got to it.
    ~
    The positive we only gave up 7 points in the second half.

vCash
    Not at all trying to pin this on rodgers - but yesterday during Green and Gold Today they were discussing the multitude of problems, and got onto one that I dont think gets enough attention. After Rodgers take one or two sacks (especially if it happens early), his game completely changes. I know all QBs play differently after being hit, but Rodgers more than most. He stops going through his progressions and starts taking sacks.

I'm really not blaming him for yesterday, the O-line was terrible and we had zero pass rush, but he wasn't at all above criticism after that performance either.

Pete Rose, here he comes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeter4president View Post
    Not at all trying to pin this on rodgers - but yesterday during Green and Gold Today they were discussing the multitude of problems, and got onto one that I dont think gets enough attention. After Rodgers take one or two sacks (especially if it happens early), his game completely changes. I know all QBs play differently after being hit, but Rodgers more than most. He stops going through his progressions and starts taking sacks.

I'm really not blaming him for yesterday, the O-line was terrible and we had zero pass rush, but he wasn't at all above criticism after that performance either.
    I just dont think he trusts his OL and as soon as he feels pressure he braces himself for the hit. Its quite sad to see your QB react like that because of the OL.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeter4president View Post

Been saying this for ages. Much like Brady.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wwfd1220 View Post
    LOL.....I knew you were gonna post this ......sadly, you may be spot on with the way his play has declined over the past 2 seasons..... the ****er should get back on it....its only 4 games for adderall!
    Raji got beaten pretty bad in the Senior Bowl before we picked him. He's an example of a big guy getting by in college with his size but not having the strength to go against the best of the college players that get into the NFL. It doesn't look like he's doping or hitting the weight room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    giants got embarassed by the bengals... 49ers tied to the rams and got embarassed by the giants as well... pats were dominated by arizona until like a 4 min left in the game and still lost... it happens. we def have issues but no team has showed to be the overwhelmingly dominant this year so lets not get too crazy.

ps ALL of our draft picks this year need to be in the trenches, oline and dline need to be way more influencial in games. and do somethin about the rb situation please TT, u tried to pull a rabbit out ur *** and it hasnt worked
    It's one thing to get beat up by a team you underestimated but there is absolutely no reason that they shouldn't have been fully ready and spoiling for a fight with the Giants.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    I know you do and a few posters post in here as well win or loss. But we get a lot more posters after a loss. Look at the OP for instance, he has less then 15 posts but as soon as we lose he posts a thread *****ing about the team. Gotta stick with them through the good and bad.
    Well said.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    oh yea, also its embarassing to have a tight end who is mad he doesnt get the ball and drops it when he does, then on top of that cant block for ****... i know finley taken a lotta heat but id rather have a tight end who can block better at this point
    I think it's more embarrassing for your "star" TE to get mad at Rodgers and wave him off in disgust when he called a timeout after JF and JJ couldn't find the right spot to lineup on the field. That's a chump move right there.

I just dont think he trusts his OL and as soon as he feels pressure he braces himself for the hit. Its quite sad to see your QB react like that because of the OL.
    That can also be directly attributed to the stubbornness, being naive or whatever you want to call it of MM not ADJUSTING.

How many of yall still think EDS is the answer at Center? He can barely handle guard let alone Center.
    Never thought he would be the guy and definitely not sold on him now. I have no issue with keeping him as a backup. He seems to play better when he comes in the game halfway through.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Well said.
    because i just got it u dumbass

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234