Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    They could get a deal done with David, they just don't want to.
    No. I guess you think they will just let him play out his walk year, not make him a qualifying offer, and when he signs elsewhere they are left holding the bag. Right?
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Boy, that seems highly unlikely.

All I did to determine that was to glance at Todd Frazier's stat line. It's not Wright's, by any means, but he's no scrub either. He's only 26 and is quite versatile defensively.

Then you throw in their top prospect.

Then you throw in a pitching prospect for a guy in Wright who hasn't exactly been the most reliable player over the years... and one that you'll have to dump a boatload of money into it.... I don't see it.

An important thing to remember is that if a guy is blocked by a major leaguer, it doesn't necessarily lessen his value. Just because Cincy doesn't need him at the moment doesn't mean there couldn't be other suitors.
    To put it simply I think your assessment is very off-base and is partially dervived from a constant devaluing of Wright and general pessimism. For a ready to win bow team like the Reds the difference between Wright and Frazier is absolutely a good prospect that isn't even considered amongst the best in baseball and a mediocre pitching prospect.

In short, I would not trade Wright for that package if it was offered and I believe more would definitely be offered from someone else if he was legitimately being adertised as on the market.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    To put it simply I think your assessment is very off-base and is partially dervived from a constant devaluing of Wright and general pessimism. For a ready to win bow team like the Reds the difference between Wright and Frazier is absolutely a good prospect that isn't even considered amongst the best in baseball and a mediocre pitching prospect.

In short, I would not trade Wright for that package if it was offered and I believe more would definitely be offered from someone else if he was legitimately being adertised as on the market.
    I'll yield to your expertise on almost everything you've said here.

With the exception of the pessimism part, as I'll bet you I'm one of the least pessimistic Mets fans here. I'm not that pessimistic about the Mets at all.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I'll yield to your expertise on almost everything you've said here.

With the exception of the pessimism part, as I'll bet you I'm one of the least pessimistic Mets fans here. I'm not that pessimistic about the Mets at all.
    I might have confused you with one or two other posters, apologies. I don't frequent the forum enough to remember these things. Maybe I'm just disgruntled with the amount of pessimism (which I construe as nonsense at this point) when I do commit myself to reading for more than 10 minutes on here ha
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash

Hamilton is a top 15-20 prospect, and Frazier is decent fielding 3B who's under team control for 5 years and is 27 and at worst a .320 OBP/.460 SLG/17 - 23 HR player for us. Cingrani is a top 60 prospect and could start for us come July if someone gets injured(assuming we move Dickey as well).
    If we move Dickey to Texas for Holland and Gentry, or Dickey to KC for Gordon, than we'd be at worst a 70 win team(77 wins if you're realistically optimistic).

SS - Hamilton
    2B - Tejada
    LF - Gordon or Duda and V-Spin platoon(Duda and V-Spin if we don't deal w/ KC)
    1B - Ike
    3B - Frazier
    RF - Kirk
    CF - Gentry or V-Spin and Dekker platoon(Gentry starts if we deal Dickey to Texas)
    C - Thole/Stoppach
    Bench - Duda(LF,1B); Turner, Murphy(1B;3B,2B) Baxter, V-Spin, Dekker and Flores(3B/2B come July)

Rotation(Assuming we move Dickey)
    Niese; Holland/Hefner(Hefner if we deal Dickey to KC), Gee, Harvey, Santana(til July, then Wheeler)

Bullpen
    Mejia; Familia, Hefner(if we move Dickey to Texas), and Cingrani as our spot starters/power arms. Edgin; Parnell, and Francisco

As you can see, that's a pretty balanced offense, you have a good mixture of speed; power(SLG) and .330+ OBP guys along w/ solid defense at all positions sans catcher. If most of pitching staff and position players stay healthy and play slightly above their heads, than we might just see an Oakland A's 2012-type season(our pitching looks pretty close to them, and Terry is somewhat like Melvin), if not we're a 70 win team at worst and a 75 win team being realistically optimistic. Not to mention our payroll would be 35 mil at the most in 2014, and we would be a 90 win team in 2015 or 2016(assuming the Mets add 30 mil for quality players to a 35 mil payroll in 2014).
    Last edited by Cosmic_Canon; 11-26-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    No. I guess you think they will just let him play out his walk year, not make him a qualifying offer, and when he signs elsewhere they are left holding the bag. Right?

I wouldn't put anything that is totally corrupt and selfish past the Coupon family, they are lying cheating scummbags.

vCash
    I might have confused you with one or two other posters, apologies. I don't frequent the forum enough to remember these things. Maybe I'm just disgruntled with the amount of pessimism (which I construe as nonsense at this point) when I do commit myself to reading for more than 10 minutes on here ha
    You either confused me with another poster or else you're thinking of my posts in the Knicks subforum about Carmelo Anthony... lol.

Because I never remember an altercation with you and like I said, I'm not down about the team at all. Yes, these are darker times, we all know that, but I'm not too worried about the future.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Dude you just dont get the whole picture yet do you, the Mets are trying to buy the worst team in baseball as long as they keep the money down, they will not offer the money David wants, and yes he will walk away

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paletsgomets View Post
    Dude you just dont get the whole picture yet do you, the Mets are trying to buy the worst team in baseball as long as they keep the money down, they will not offer the money David wants, and yes he will walk away
    The only game in town is continued ownership, you'd have to be brain-dead not to see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    Hamilton is a top 15-20 prospect, and Frazier is decent fielding 3B who's under team control for 5 years and is 27 and at worst a .320 OBP/.460 SLG/17 - 23 HR player for us. Cingrani is a top 60 prospect and could start for us come July if someone gets injured(assuming we move Dickey as well).
    If we move Dickey to Texas for Holland and Gentry, or Dickey to KC for Gordon, than we'd be at worst a 70 win team(77 wins if you're realistically optimistic).

SS - Hamilton
    2B - Tejada
    LF - Gordon or Duda and V-Spin platoon(Duda and V-Spin if we don't deal w/ KC)
    1B - Ike
    3B - Frazier
    RF - Kirk
    CF - Gentry or V-Spin and Dekker platoon(Gentry starts if we deal Dickey to Texas)
    C - Thole/Stoppach
    Bench - Duda(LF,1B); Turner, Murphy(1B;3B,2B) Baxter, V-Spin, Dekker and Flores(3B/2B come July)

Rotation(Assuming we move Dickey)
    Niese; Holland/Hefner(Hefner if we deal Dickey to KC), Gee, Harvey, Santana(til July, then Wheeler)

Bullpen
    Mejia; Familia, Hefner(if we move Dickey to Texas), and Cingrani as our spot starters/power arms. Edgin; Parnell, and Francisco

As you can see, that's a pretty balanced offense, you have a good mixture of speed; power(SLG) and .330+ OBP guys along w/ solid defense at all positions sans catcher. If most of pitching staff and position players stay healthy and play slightly above their heads, than we might just see an Oakland A's 2012-type season(our pitching looks pretty close to them, and Terry is somewhat like Melvin), if not we're a 70 win team at worst and a 75 win team being realistically optimistic. Not to mention our payroll would be 35 mil at the most in 2014, and we would be a 90 win team in 2015 or 2016(assuming the Mets add 30 mil for quality players to a 35 mil payroll in 2014).
    You know we're talking pie in the sky here, right? It's just fun to come up with possible scenarios that could help the team, but the likelihood that they will actually come to fruition is low. That said:

Hamilton probably won't be ready until 2014, when he'd be dynamite in the leadoff spot. Cingrani, however, could win a spot in the rotation to start the season. I'd still try to pry Myers along with Jarrod Dyson from KC for Dickey, Familia and Den Dekker. So, in 2013 my team is:

Lineup:
    Dyson - CF
    Tejada - SS
    Murphy - 2B
    Myers - RF (too much pressure for a rookie?)
    Davis - 1B
    Frazier - 3B (or Lutz, with Flores in the wings)
    Nieuwenhuis/Duda - LF (possible platoon with Hairston if he is re-signed)
    Shoppach/Thole - C

Rotation:
    Santana (Wheeler in July)
    Niese
    Gee
    Harvey
    Pelfrey (Cingrani ready for mid season or sooner)

Bull Pen:
    Francisco, Parnell, Edgin, Mejia, Armando Rodriguez, Hefner/McHugh, Carson/Byrdak, one new FA reliever

Bench:
    Hairston, Valdespin, Turner, Duda, Thole

That's a team that could possibly be in the hunt for a wild card next year, and a very strong contender in 2014.
    Last edited by dunbummin; 11-26-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Hairston will not be resigned, however that's a 65 team at worst, and a .500 team being realistically optimistic. Dickey; Familia, and Dekker won't get Myers and Dyson, however it would certainly get you Dyson, I wonder if that package would net Gordon.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    They will sign David to a contract this off season.
    He's too valuable of a player not to sign.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12