Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Drummond and Monroe starting together? Not until we find a backup C

I think thats a concern of Coach Frank's

Even if he wanna give Drummond heavier minutes, or even playing him together with Monroe.....WE NEED ANOTHER YOUNG VET, BACKUP C

this is a 82 games season, and we only have 1 post presence in Drummond for our frontcourt rotation.........i think thats rather unrealistic.

Monroe cant protect the rim, Maxiell tries hard but his 6'6" height really limits his performance at this level. Jerebko or Villanueva is stretch four, neither rebounding nor defending the post.

So Drummond is actually the only inside presence/post defender we have. If We start Monroe n Drummond together, we still needa add size n athleticism off the bench. I think it should be a 4-big men frontcourt rotation, with Monroe n Drummond starting, and Maxiell(backup PF) n a backup C off the bench

starting:
    Drummond
    Monroe
    Prince
    Singler
    Knight

backup:
    BACKUP C(?)
    Maxiell
    Jerebko
    English
    Stuckey

Maybe:
    Will Bynum, Middleton, CV, Slava Kravtsov

OUT:
    Maggette, Daye

vCash
    Slava?

I'm pretty sure I read that Frank plans on giving him some minutes soon, just to see how it works out.

vCash
    I guess u forgot about slava????

vCash
    Hmmm...a thought/scenario came into my head a week ago. Let's say if we do get the #1 pick, Zeller and Noel are tossups for going #1. How would you guys feel if we drafted one of those guys and we start Drummond and Monroe together with either Zeller or Noel coming off the bench as a super 6th man taking over both the 2nd string frontcourt position in the depth charts? So essentially it'd be like this...

C - Drummond/Noel or Zeller/Slava
    PF - Monroe/Noel or Zeller/Monroe
    $9.99

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    Hmmm...a thought/scenario came into my head a week ago. Let's say if we do get the #1 pick, Zeller and Noel are tossups for going #1. How would you guys feel if we drafted one of those guys and we start Drummond and Monroe together with either Zeller or Noel coming off the bench as a super 6th man taking over both the 2nd string frontcourt position in the depth charts? So essentially it'd be like this...

C - Drummond/Noel or Zeller/Slava
    PF - Monroe/Noel or Zeller/Monroe
    I've also thought of this. Im not sold on Zeller. But i can see why other teams might be.
    I trade down. Pick up a future 1st but only trading back enough to grab the best wing.

vCash
    I never got my hopes up with Slava.

Theres a reason he didnt make the Celtics roster...who is also in need of a center

vCash
    Like shy said a few threads ago, why is Frank concerned with the backup center position when our current backup (Drummond) bared plays at all? Put him in the starting lineup and let some chode get 5 mpg. I'd say pick up Fesenko but I don't think Gores wants to add any salary right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Like shy said a few threads ago, why is Frank concerned with the backup center position when our current backup (Drummond) bared plays at all? Put him in the starting lineup and let some chode get 5 mpg. I'd say pick up Fesenko but I don't think Gores wants to add any salary right now.
    No, the logic is completely wrong, guySir

In the perspectives of a coach, he cant focus on jsut one player. He has to consider the rotation in general

If we start Drummond and Monroe together. Who is our inside presence off the bench?? Maxiell is 6'6'" and he cant play at the 5, not at this level at least if we are trying to compete seriously

We only have one post presence in Drummond, out of the entire roster. thats fien to start him. But dont forget its an 82 games season, relying just on a 3 big-men rotation is unrealistic.

We need another post presence. Period

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riedle9 View Post
    No, the logic is completely wrong, guySir

In the perspectives of a coach, he cant focus on jsut one player. He has to consider the rotation in general

If we start Drummond and Monroe together. Who is our inside presence off the bench?? Maxiell is 6'6'" and he cant play at the 5, not at this level at least if we are trying to compete seriously

We only have one post presence in Drummond, out of the entire roster. thats fien to start him. But dont forget its an 82 games season, relying just on a 3 big-men rotation is unrealistic.

We need another post presence. Period
    I don't get it. How is my logic flawed? You'd prefer to start Maxiell over Drummond? Seriously, both guys need 30+ minutes, it's not impossible to mix n match frontcourt pairings to ensure both see plenty of minutes. They don't HAVE to be on the court at the same time throughout the entirety of the game, but that doesn't mean you have to squash Drummond's minutes completely. Especially when he's clearly been better than expected.

vCash
    Yes, having a backup 5 to slide in with no hiccups would be nice. But, there's 96 minutes between the 4 & 5. Monroe/Drummond play 30-35 minutes per nite. That leaves 26-36 minutes. Max picks up 20-30 per nite and Slava gets the other 6-16.

There's enough versatility to bring JJ at PF or in a pinch CV at the 4.

vCash
    Don't get me started on this one!

Back up C? everyone needs one of those(look at B Haywood's contract). We need a solid scoring SG or SF,period. We have a good amount to spend, especially when C VIll/Daye/Bynum/Maxiell are gone(you kept C Vill, what the ?).

We look for a SF or SG with our 1st rd pick, Maxiell type player with out 2nd rd pick.(Assuming that we don't acquire picks in trades).

We sign a better backup PG and another decent big man as FA's. We then have cap space going into the next season, and an open roster spot as well.

Do your homework.

vCash
    Riedle9 Are you the same guy that posted this exact same comment on pistons.com (Donald)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Riedle9 Are you the same guy that posted this exact same comment on pistons.com (Donald)?
    His (her) name is Kirsten19 on pistons.com pretty sure it's the same person.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash
    Drew Gooden can contribute in some way, Larry Sanders has amazing upside n we can definitely consider to trade for one of these players.

Tiago Splitter from the Spurs is apparently another realistic option

I realize veteran bigs like Chris "Birdman" Anderson, Big Ben are still in the FA pool; Hassan Whiteside (7'0" center with 7'7" wingspan n elite athleticism) is another player who i'm always interested in
    Last edited by Riedle9; 11-26-2012 at 08:59 PM.

vCash
    if they ever start Drummond and Monroe together, they'll need Kravtsov, or someone like him, coming off the bench. He's the only other center, unless you consider Maxiell a center. I don't.

Its a 82 games season, and u are not relying on just 1 post presence in ur entire active roster in Andre Drummond. U need at least one more rim protector

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast