Shorts
    Lane

Brewster
    Bradfield

if you honestly think he will be here next year you need to realize he wont

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    if you honestly think he will be here next year you need to realize he wont
    I realize he won't be, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has not done as bad as people love to make it out to be. People act like he has done nothing right. He has done a ton of good for this team and people need to realize that.

Miller is not a bad pick because as I said, a sixth round pick usually does not stick. Therefore it does not matter. How can Thomas be a bad move when he was traded for the pick he was taken with? That makes it a wash. Dillard was a bad pick, but only because of injuries.

How was Holt a bad move? He brought veteran leadership to this team. I don't get how it could be a bad move especially since he came relatively cheap. Brewster an Bradfield were UDFA pickups that are now starters. How are they not good moves? Shorts is on his way to 1,000 yards, the first 1,000 yard WR for the Jags in a long time.

He's not the greatest, but not the worst like sme of you make him out to be. I don't think you people realize how hard it is to get guys to come to Jacksonville unless you throw a truckload of money at them. The next GM will go through the same cycle until everyone wants his head off in two years. It's a viscous cycle in Jacksonville. Not many GMs could do a better job. You will realize that when Gene is gone. One thing is certain though......Gene >>>>>>>>Shack
    Last edited by kingjaymes23; 11-26-2012 at 11:10 PM.

vCash
    disagree... its weird shacks record is much better than genes. genes record has gotten worse every year in office..

genes only good draft pick in first is monroe. blackmon was khan and gabbert and alualu are bust

you can look at schacks reggie's, byron, rj, but look at the rest, tony b, freddy t, DD, big john, marcus, hardy, etc.

shack>>>gene

shack made the team a playoff contender 1 year after starting from NOTHING

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    I realize he won't be, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has not done as bad as people love to make it out to be. People act like he has done nothing right. He has done a ton of good for this team and people need to realize that.

Miller is not a bad pick because as I said, a sixth round pick usually does not stick. Therefore it does not matter. How can Thomas be a bad move when he was traded for the pick he was taken with? That makes it a wash. Dillard was a bad pick, but only because of injuries.

How was Holt a bad move? He brought veteran leadership to this team. I don't get how it could be a bad move especially since he came relatively cheap. Brewster an Bradfield were UDFA pickups that are now starters. How are they not good moves? Shorts is on his way to 1,000 yards, the first 1,000 yard WR for the Jags in a long time.

He's not the greatest, but not the worst like sme of you make him out to be. I don't think you people realize how hard it is to get guys to come to Jacksonville unless you throw a truckload of money at them. The next GM will go through the same cycle until everyone wants his head off in two years. It's a viscous cycle in Jacksonville. Not many GMs could do a better job. You will realize that when Gene is gone. One thing is certain though......Gene >>>>>>>>Shack
    Lol another Gene suporter. Wow i guess you like having a worse record this year. Let me ask you this, why has team gotten worse and worse each year since he has been the GM and why are we at 2-9

vCash
    To say Gene is better than Shack is a joke. Even if you think he is better than Harris picks that dont mean ****, Harris wasnt very good either but his teams were competitive every year and did go to the playoffs a few times.

Shack

V. Manuwia
    Mathis
    D. Smith
    G. Jones
    J. Scobee
    M. Lewis
    MJD
    Uche

Gene

Monroe
    Cox
    Shorts
    Blackmon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    To say Gene is better than Shack is a joke. Even if you think he is better than Harris picks that dont mean ****, Harris wasnt very good either but his teams were competitive every year and did go to the playoffs a few times.

Shack

V. Manuwia
    Mathis
    D. Smith
    G. Jones
    J. Scobee
    M. Lewis
    MJD
    Uche

Gene

Monroe
    Cox
    Shorts
    Blackmon
    dont forget big john, marcus, miek pete, naoele, signing jimmy smith, signing keenan mccardell, signing brunell,

its comical comparing the two

vCash
    disagree... its weird shacks record is much better than genes. genes record has gotten worse every year in office..

genes only good draft pick in first is monroe. blackmon was khan and gabbert and alualu are bust

you can look at schacks reggie's, byron, rj, but look at the rest, tony b, freddy t, DD, big john, marcus, hardy, etc.

shack>>>gene

shack made the team a playoff contender 1 year after starting from NOTHING
    Interesting because my research (yeah I actually do research, I don't just have mindless opinions) shows that Harris was with the Ravens until 2003. Hardy was drafted in 1996, Tony B in 1995, Freddy T in 1998, DD in 1998, Stroud in 2001, Henderson in 2002, all years before Shack was with the Jags. What do you have to say now?

vCash
    dont forget big john, marcus, miek pete, naoele, signing jimmy smith, signing keenan mccardell, signing brunell,

its comical comparing the two
    Smith was signed in 1995, before Shack. Brunell was traded for in 1995. McCardell was signed in 1996. Naoele was signed in 2002, a year befor Shack. And again, John and Stroud were before Shack also. Do some research before posting non sense.
    Last edited by kingjaymes23; 11-27-2012 at 12:00 AM.

vCash
    ok so shack and gene both suck dick. whoever was the gm/pro personal from 95-03 should be rehired

it was probably coughlin. never shouldve fired him

vCash
    well the only stat that matter
    playoff appearences -2 shack
    gene-0

vCash
    ok so shack and gene both suck dick. whoever was the gm/pro personal from 95-03 should be rehired

it was probably coughlin. never shouldve fired him
    Think it was Coughlin. Can't believe he was ever fired. Definitely need a new GM, but Smith has been better than Shack....although I guess that's like saying Rosie O'Donnel is skinnier than Oprah. Not much of a difference.

vCash
    Yeah Tom Coughlin was drafting the players before Shack got here.

vCash
    Really happy that Henne is succeeding and showing that maybe, just maybe he could be a solid QB for us. I just hope this isn't saving Gene Smith's job. If we finish with 5 wins or so, does he still get fired? In my mind, he should without a doubt. I just am not sold on it if we continue to win down the stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Really happy that Henne is succeeding and showing that maybe, just maybe he could be a solid QB for us. I just hope this isn't saving Gene Smith's job. If we finish with 5 wins or so, does he still get fired? In my mind, he should without a doubt. I just am not sold on it if we continue to win down the stretch.
    He should still get fired.

vCash
    I love Blackmon

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast