Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Blackmon breaks rookie receiving yard record in Jaguars history

@vitostellino
    Blackmon now 538 receiving yards, most for rookie in team history.
    Sad...I know, but he is really looking like that weapon we all expected. Funny all it took was to put Henne in at QB. Hope Blackmon keeps going strong, still has 5 games left.

vCash
    i know!! i knew we should!!

vCash
    He's gonna be a beast for at least the next half decade, dude has no fear, great hands, and a knack for the situation. Can't wait for the years ahead of Shorts/Blackmon jsut hope we get the qb situation settled soon so we don't waste these assets.
    PSD's Partyin Pedroiar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jagsox32 View Post
    He's gonna be a beast for at least the next half decade, dude has no fear, great hands, and a knack for the situation. Can't wait for the years ahead of Shorts/Blackmon jsut hope we get the qb situation settled soon so we don't waste these assets.
    Half decade? He's only 22 years old...lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Half decade? He's only 22 years old...lol.
    I guess 27 is going to be the end of JB. We need to give him a cool nickname.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    Maybe a late surge to 1K? ray:
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Yep, it's a lil' much to predict a rookie's future for the next 10 years... esp one with an alcohol problem and injuries are unforeseeable. Deem him the next Andre Johnson if you want.
    PSD's Partyin Pedroiar

vCash
    Man I am hoping for Blackmon to get the 450 yards over the next 5 games that he needs to get to 1,000 yards. Also hope Shorts gets the 250 yards he needs to get to 1,000 yards. Everybody was hoping Shorts would get cut, and look at him now. Shorts/Blackmon could be the next Smith/McCardell. It feels amazing to have some capable wideouts on this team.

vCash
    Gene Smith didnt even want Blackmon. Khan is the reason we drafted him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Gene Smith didnt even want Blackmon. Khan is the reason we drafted him.
    Gene Smith drafted Cecil Shorts and he is well on his way for 1,000 yards. If you are going to mention the bad, you have to mention the good also.

vCash
    it would be amazing if blackmon and shorts both got 1000 this year.. we may have finally solved our wide receiver problem.. just need to find some quick shifty guy who can make plays in the slot.. maybe shipley can be that guy.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_T28 View Post
    it would be amazing if blackmon and shorts both got 1000 this year.. we may have finally solved our wide receiver problem.. just need to find some quick shifty guy who can make plays in the slot.. maybe shipley can be that guy.
    I think that regardless of if Blackmon makes it to 1,000 yards, the Jags have finally found a steady group of WR's. Robinson when he was healthy played well for the Jags also. The WR group is finally relevant and the best the Jags have had in quite some time. I can't wait to see how the Jags offense looks next season with all of the WR's having an extra year under their belt, plus a healthy MJD. Focus the draft on O-Line (maybe a TE) and Defense and this team could actually compete next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    Gene Smith drafted Cecil Shorts and he is well on his way for 1,000 yards. If you are going to mention the bad, you have to mention the good also.
    Well, I wasnt mentioning the bad I was just sayin. If I was metioning the bad the list would be alot longer. If I was mentioning the good it would be alot shorter than the bad. He did hit on the Shorts pick that is good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Well, I wasnt mentioning the bad I was just sayin. If I was metioning the bad the list would be alot longer. If I was mentioning the good it would be alot shorter than the bad. He did hit on the Shorts pick that is good.
    GOOD MOVES BY SMITH:
    Monroe
    Knighton
    Cox
    Shorts
    Lane
    Poz
    Lowery
    Landry
    Allen
    Brewster
    Bradfield

BAD MOVES BY SMITH:
    Britton
    Gabbert
    Prosinski

QUESTIONABLE/JURY STILL OUT:
    Alualu
    Smith
    Rackley
    Branch
    Anger
    Robinson

Thomas doesn't count as he was a wash since he was traded for a fourth rounder, where he was drafted.
    Miller, Dllard, Britton have all had injury problems, but I still put Britton on the bad since it was a wasted pick. I also did not include anybody in the sixth round or later, as they are usually filler picks anyways. If you hit on one, it is great, but a miss does not mean you are a terrible GM as not many people drafted that late stick.
    Last edited by kingjaymes23; 11-26-2012 at 08:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    GOOD MOVES BY SMITH:
    Monroe
    Knighton
    Cox
    Shorts
    Lane
    Poz
    Lowery
    Landry
    Allen
    Brewster
    Bradfield
    Holt(1 year vet mentor)
    Thomas(Stop gap and insurance incase we couldnt land a tackle early in the draft).

BAD MOVES BY SMITH:
    Britton
    Prosinski
    Session
    Kampman

QUESTIONABLE/JURY STILL OUT:
    Alualu
    Smith
    Rackley
    Branch
    Anger
    Robinson
    Gabbert(shown improvement this year. still needs work but hes clearly a step ahead of last years shiz).
    fixed it for ya

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast