Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Does CSSTL wear Russell Wilson pajamas on Sunday?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

15 31.25%
  • He wears them every day

18 37.50%
  • #cuttydoesit

29 60.42%
  • 29 60.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 218 of 221 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 3313
    vCash
    Anything would have been better then what was called Tice fails again. Bmarsh on simple 2 yard short dig route was a guarantee.

vCash
    I really don't understand all of this armchair coordinating. Personally I felt Tice did a very good job today finding ways to get guys open with such limited personnel. 358 yards of offense against a great defense and it could have been more if Bennett doesn't drop that wide open TD pass. It's been a very conservative offense all year, but he finally got Matt Forte involved in the passing game, I thought made a lot of acute calls with substitutions. At the end of the day guys just have to win their 1 on 1 match ups most of the time. There's really only a handful of times in a game where a coordinator has an opportunity to really out think the defense and fool them. The rest of it is knowing what you do well, sticking to it, understanding the optics of what the situation of the game is, and adjusting what you're doing to what the defense is doing. Tice was very limited in that capacity earlier in the season, but he's getting better imo.

And this is coming from one of Mike Martz's biggest defenders. I think he'd have been better overall, but hey, this game wasn't on the OC this time.

OOTP TKO League Milwaukee Brewers 2010-2032:
    2011-1655, .549 Win %
    10 NL Central Titles, 2 Wild Card 12 Total Playoff Appearances
    1 World Series Title (2021)

Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you.

-Malcolm Reynolds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Biblioteca View Post
    Why didn't we pass in the 4th quarter? We had a 4 point lead, and we ran virtually every play. Tice needs to let Cutler throw!
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I was watching the game with some friends and we all could not figure out why the offense went soooooo conservative with like 8 minutes left. We had a 4 point lead, it's not like we were up 10 and trying to run the clock. The foot should have still been on the gas with that much time left and only up 4. They were running the ball like there were only 3 minutes left and we were up more. So incredibly stupid and I shouldn't even be thinking about because it just gets me more and more pissed off!

vCash

Week 13: BEARS (8-3) vs SEAHAWKS (6-5)

Coaching lost this game IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1fe5 View Post
    Here's the problem with a sneak: Jay Cutler has had *at least* 3 concussions in his NFL career, and possibly as many as 6. While he definitely scrambles quite often, and does so successfully, deliberately exposing him to a hit like that has its risks. And I think it's a heightened concern considering he's just 2 weeks removed from his most recent concussion.

Secondly, the Bears have been running that dive play to the right in short yardage situations all year, and they've been very successful at it. Granted, that was with Lance Louis in at RG instead of Gabe Carimi, but if there's one thing you'd expect Gabe Carimi to be able to do it's to fire off and power through the guy lined up over him for a yard. It didn't happen, the o line's timing of the burst was off, kind of like a misfiring piston, the Seakhawks LBs and DL were able to muddle it up and prevent a push from occurring, and the play was pretty much blown up. But the percentages were highly in the Bears favor on that one, and the downside was relatively low, given how early in the game it was and how good this defense is. It just didn't work out.
    Less than a yard - sneak, it's as close to automatic as they come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1fe5 View Post
    I really don't understand all of this armchair coordinating. Personally I felt Tice did a very good job today finding ways to get guys open with such limited personnel. 358 yards of offense against a great defense and it could have been more if Bennett doesn't drop that wide open TD pass. It's been a very conservative offense all year, but he finally got Matt Forte involved in the passing game, I thought made a lot of acute calls with substitutions. At the end of the day guys just have to win their 1 on 1 match ups most of the time. There's really only a handful of times in a game where a coordinator has an opportunity to really out think the defense and fool them. The rest of it is knowing what you do well, sticking to it, understanding the optics of what the situation of the game is, and adjusting what you're doing to what the defense is doing. Tice was very limited in that capacity earlier in the season, but he's getting better imo.

And this is coming from one of Mike Martz's biggest defenders. I think he'd have been better overall, but hey, this game wasn't on the OC this time.
    I'm ok with the loss. Both teams are rather good and closely matched.

But, the one criticism I have of tice, is in the 4th quarter, 3rd and long with what was in regulation the last bear possession in the game. Bears had the ball around mid field. We have one of the best kickers ever. And they run the ball, trying to play the field position game, knowing they will punt and hope the D wins the game. I get that in other situations, but not in a one score game giving the other team the option to win it with a drive. Esp when you have gould as your kicker. Coaching staff deserves criticism for that imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    He had no receivers except for Marshall left. He didn't want to force it, I guess.
    yes the loss sucked but most importantly who is that female?

vCash
    I only saw the final scoring drive for Seahwaks to take the lead, Marshall's clutch catch and the FG, and OT.

Just in that small time frame, I didn't understand why they had McClellin in the game so long. I think it would have been better if they would have stayed in nickel and had Urlacher spy Wilson and keep a four man rush chasing him.
    Silence the Haters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Less than a yard - sneak, it's as close to automatic as they come.
    That's not what lost us the game.

I thought Tice called a pretty ****ing good game today. I think we got jobbed pretty hard with that Golden Tate non-call on PI, and to me, that's what hurt us most.

But, Seattle's a good team. I think they're a team we should've fairly easily beaten, but they're good nonetheless.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BEARS+BULLS=:) View Post
    I only saw the final scoring drive for Seahwaks to take the lead, Marshall's clutch catch and the FG, and OT.

Just in that small time frame, I didn't understand why they had McClellin in the game so long. I think it would have been better if they would have stayed in nickel and had Urlacher spy Wilson and keep a four man rush chasing him.
    Urlacher was getting beat by Wilson fairly easily. Having him spy would've made it 11 on 10, basically.

I love Brian, but he just can't handle that role vs. a ridiculous speed player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Urlacher was getting beat by Wilson fairly easily. Having him spy would've made it 11 on 10, basically.

I love Brian, but he just can't handle that role vs. a ridiculous speed player.
    He was gassed like no other. I think they took him out before the game ended because he hard a time catching his breath.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    Coaching lost this game IMO
    It wasn't so much the coaching as it was that senior citizen defense running out of gas. You don't give up a 97-yd drive in the last 4 minutes of a game. It was pathetic and inexcusable. And they just gave up in OT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    He was gassed like no other. I think they took him out before the game ended because he hard a time catching his breath.
    It's possible. He, however, doesn't have the lateral movement necessary to spy like he used to be able to. In a straight line, I'm still taking him over damn near any other player on the field. But, his range has suffered dramatically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akagiredsuns View Post
    It wasn't so much the coaching as it was that senior citizen defense running out of gas. You don't give up a 97-yd drive in the last 4 minutes of a game. It was pathetic and inexcusable. And they just gave up in OT.
    Gave up my ***. They were exhausted having played a game that was unusually physical and unusually speedy. We have had the injury bug bite us, and it showed.

Seattle's good, mind you. They're someone we should have beaten, but they're a good team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    That's not what lost us the game.

I thought Tice called a pretty ****ing good game today. I think we got jobbed pretty hard with that Golden Tate non-call on PI, and to me, that's what hurt us most.

But, Seattle's a good team. I think they're a team we should've fairly easily beaten, but they're good nonetheless.
    Yeah we can't say definitively. But if we pick up that first, the whole half likely changes. Regardless, I agree. I haven't ripped on Tice at all these last two weeks. I wish the run game would get on track, but this style of offense should keep us in every game.

I personally think we should start Bush and use Allen as back-up, while Forte lines up wide. I feel like Bush might soften up the defense a little bit. Forte has been flat-footed, indecisive, running into blockers - just a mess. That might help get the run game going.

Seattle is definitely a lot better offensively than the Hasselbeck days. Wilson is ****ing sick.