Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Post Timeout Sets in the crunch

Not sure if this is thread worthy, but here it goes

From all the games I've seen this year, I've notice one big downfall in Casey is his inability to design quality sets late in the game after a timeout. They have looked sloppy and not creative and is causing bad looks to tie or for the win.
    Maybe I'm nitpicking but I think it's a very important aspect of the game.
    Anyone else notice, agree/disagree?

vCash
    agreed, the stolen inbounds pass was a prime example. Casey's a defensive coach, I'm not sure his offensive playbook is up to the nba level. This wouldn't be such a problem if we weren't in so many tight games these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lorneg34 View Post

From all the games I've seen this year, I've notice one big downfall in Casey is his inability to design quality sets late in the game after a timeout. They have looked sloppy and not creative and is causing bad looks to tie or for the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    agreed, the stolen inbounds pass was a prime example. Casey's a defensive coach, I'm not sure his offensive playbook is up to the nba level. This wouldn't be such a problem if we weren't in so many tight games these days.
    Those aren't his set plays. Casey is running a motion offence.

It's not his fault if Lowry chooses to launch a 3 rather than to look for the open man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Those aren't his set plays. Casey is running a motion offence.

It's not his fault if Lowry chooses to launch a 3 rather than to look for the open man.
    That's becoming a problem too....I know our team is 'offensively challenged', but a PG's #1 job is to distribute the ball.

Besides, I've never been a fan of motion offense anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    That's becoming a problem too....I know our team is 'offensively challenged', but a PG's #1 job is to distribute the ball.

Besides, I've never been a fan of motion offense anyway.
    Really? Not even Pop's? The Spurs' offense is a thing of beauty. Same with the Mavs'.

vCash
    def agree.

this team has a problem scoring period. specially in crunch time.

vCash
    What? You didn't think Bargs throwing up that backwards shot was a nice play?

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lorneg34 View Post

Agree. But the excuse is that, it's Lowry's fault.

vCash
    Really? Not even Pop's? The Spurs' offense is a thing of beauty. Same with the Mavs'.
    It works when you have their level of talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmagnet View Post
    It works when you have their level of talent.
    It works if you have more than one player maker other than the PG and players who don't kill ball movement (ex Calderon).

vCash

Post Timeout Sets in the crunch

He also has bad timing on timeouts. He calls them at the worst time.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    pop's works for the guys he's got. Although not until the last 2-3 seasons when he's tried to open up the court a little more have I ever liked spurs offense.

With regards to Toronto, I think we have a little too much duplication to run a motion offense. Guys like Amir, Davis, Dero, Lowry, their offense game is geared towards the rim. A motion isn't really a motion if all it is is the guy with the ball driving it or rolling to it. We've seen issues with our outside shooting which hurts even more. The raps are giving a ton of shots (like half) to bargs, dero, and lowry. A good motion is meant to distribute the ball among hot hands. If this team needs to rely on these 3 players, which it may, then the playbook should be trying to get those 3 as many easy buckets as possible

vCash
    Not just the post timeout set plays but even stuff like the "jump ball". There was one mid-game yesterday and I looked at how the Raptors were aligned and I thought to myself. Our guy is going to tip it and Manu is going to get it. And I was right.

vCash
    casey should be fired for his performance in crunch time yesterday... actually the last 3 games

this coach is not a leader, bump him down to defensive coordinator and bring a real coach in
    @mvbisecco
    follow me on twitter and i'll follow you
    SMOKE WEED ERR DAY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mvb815 View Post
    casey should be fired for his performance in crunch time yesterday... actually the last 3 games

this coach is not a leader, bump him down to defensive coordinator and bring a real coach in
    You don't think he is a leader? Of all the things to say about the guy, I think you picked the absolute wrong one. I think his X's and O's on the offensive end and his substition patterns are the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast