Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Do We Keep?

vCash

Who Do We Keep?

It's obvious that this season is a wash. After our 8th loss, the Playoffs are out of the question statistically. There are HUGE problems on both sides of the ball, so rather than wax about who needs to be cut, we should talk about who has played well, who has played with passion and intelligence, and who hasn't completely disappointed Raider Nation this year. Obviously, this is a cursory list compared to a full 53-man roster, but I think these players have at least shown they deserve to be on the field.

Offense
    Marcel Reese
    Stefan Wisniewski
    Brandon Myers
    Jared Veldheer
    Rod Streeter
    Juron Criner
    Denarius Moore

Defense
    Matt Shaughnessy
    Lamarr Houston
    Miles Burris
    Phillip Wheeler
    Michael Huff

vCash
    Reece, Veldheer, Wiz, Burris, Wheeler. I could care less about anyone else.

vCash
    Palmer, Reece, Veldheer and Moore on offense.

Burris, Wheeler, Houston, Shaughnessy and Huff on defense.

Janikowski on special teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evwaslike View Post
    It's obvious that this season is a wash. After our 8th loss, the Playoffs are out of the question statistically. There are HUGE problems on both sides of the ball, so rather than wax about who needs to be cut, we should talk about who has played well, who has played with passion and intelligence, and who hasn't completely disappointed Raider Nation this year. Obviously, this is a cursory list compared to a full 53-man roster, but I think these players have at least shown they deserve to be on the field.

Offense
    Marcel Reese
    Stefan Wisniewski
    Brandon Myers
    Jared Veldheer
    Rod Streeter
    Juron Criner
    Denarius Moore

Defense
    Matt Shaughnessy
    Lamarr Houston
    Miles Burris
    Phillip Wheeler
    Michael Huff
    I would add Palmer, Ford, and ......Mc Fadden.

OK....let me have it!

vCash
    Too soon to know.

Which coaches are going? Which coaches are staying?

Imagine, for a moment, Norv Turner and Ron Rivera being hired as the coordinators.

That means the Raiders are switching back to the power-running, vertical passing offense; it also means they're moving to a zone-blitzing 3-4 defense.

^ In that situation, who you keep and who you get rid of are vastly different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I would add Palmer, Ford, and ......Mc Fadden.

OK....let me have it!
    I'm with you. I'm not a huge fan of DMC, mainly because he is always hurt. But just last year he was getting 5.5 YPC. I do not blame him for this season. We have bigger needs right now other than RB. Manti Te'o and two CB's would be nice. Normally I am all about DT's, but I think our D-line should be rebuilt after the secondary. Not at the same time.

vCash
    Clean house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kringle9 View Post
    I'm with you. I'm not a huge fan of DMC, mainly because he is always hurt. But just last year he was getting 5.5 YPC. I do not blame him for this season. We have bigger needs right now other than RB. Manti Te'o and two CB's would be nice. Normally I am all about DT's, but I think our D-line should be rebuilt after the secondary. Not at the same time.
    Thanks...I thought I was the only one that may have lost their mind!
    Last edited by dbacknick; 11-25-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: misspelling

vCash
    On O Streeter, Moore, Meyers, Criner, Reece, Stewart, Mcfadden, Ausberry, Veldheer, Wisnewski, Bergstrom, Palmer

On D Burris, Wheeler, Shaunessy, Houston, Bryant, Huff, Branch, Bartell

All of those guys have shown they can be solid pieces of the roster the rest can kick rocks. Unless we draft Teo trade down and stack picks we need them badly.

vCash
    Offense: Velhdheer, Wiz, Moore, Reece, Criner
    Defense: Burris, Wheeler, Houston, Bryant, Huff (if he restructures)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Too soon to know.

Which coaches are going? Which coaches are staying?

Imagine, for a moment, Norv Turner and Ron Rivera being hired as the coordinators.

That means the Raiders are switching back to the power-running, vertical passing offense; it also means they're moving to a zone-blitzing 3-4 defense.

^ In that situation, who you keep and who you get rid of are vastly different.
    Let's say we don't do any coaching changes. As much as I hate Greg Knapp's playcalling, zone blocking schemes are more productive in the long run. So maybe our O and D lines need the most overhauling.

vCash

Offense
    Marcel Reese
    Stefan Wisniewski
    Brandon Myers
    Jared Veldheer
    Rod Streeter
    Juron Criner
    Denarius Moore

Defense
    Matt Shaughnessy
    Lamarr Houston
    Miles Burris
    Phillip Wheeler
    Michael Huff

Ditto

vCash

Offense
    Marcel Reese
    Stefan Wisniewski
    Brandon Myers
    Jared Veldheer
    Rod Streeter
    Juron Criner
    Denarius Moore

Defense
    Matt Shaughnessy
    Lamarr Houston
    Miles Burris
    Phillip Wheeler
    Michael Huff
    If we were talking today, I agree with everyone on offense but I would add Palmer Ausberry and Goodson.

On defense, I'm totally onboard. I was thinking this as I was shopping on who to keep and who to let go. Just about the identical list..

vCash
    Just my opinion.

C- Allen, Tarver. Lose Knapp. Im a big believer in keeping coaches but not this guy.

O- Palmer, McFadden, Reese, Moore, Ford (mainly for return abilities) Ausberry, Veldheer, Wiz.

D- Shaughnessy, Houston, Bryant, Burris, Wheeler, Huff back at safety.
    Last edited by RaiderBeNasty; 11-25-2012 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    Not to be a debbie downer but wheeler is a UFA after this year. He may not wanna stick around or he may get a better offer. Us wanting to keep him is only a small part of the battle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast