Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

    4 26.67%
  • Catcher

    4 26.67%
  • Right field

    5 33.33%
  • Pitching

    2 13.33%
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 1005
  1. #961
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,360
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    You trying to start an argument. Because I'm pretty sure anyone eith half a brain could figure out what i meant.
    In the future you should say what you really mean instead of implying what you mean and then claiming it is a fact.



    You can have that piece of advice for free.

    Masahiro Tanaka

    11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

  2. #962
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The COAL REGION,PA
    Posts
    924
    vCash
    1500
    Ok you have your opinion and I have mine nothing wrong with that. But please tell me how the yankees will replace his production.

  3. #963
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Zephyrhills Florida
    Posts
    70
    vCash
    1500

    $189 million

    Stop making yourself look like a bunch of fools by cutting out coupons with these players, if you want to get to the $189mil then bring up the minor leaguers and see what we have. Convince A-Rod to retire and move forward. Other teams bring up minor league people, why not the Yankees? They just use them to trade them for overpriced players with no upside.
    Player developement Have Yanks heard that phrase. If not get someone in there that can make these kids better. The old saying is you can't buy championships ask the yankees.

  4. #964
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The COAL REGION,PA
    Posts
    924
    vCash
    1500
    I'm all for the youth movement never said I wasn't.

  5. #965
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The COAL REGION,PA
    Posts
    924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    In the future you should say what you really mean instead of implying what you mean and then claiming it is a fact.



    You can have that piece of advice for free.
    Like i said, I figured you'd have enough intelligence to figure that one out on your own. As if you never heard that phrase before.

  6. #966
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,360
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    Like i said, I figured you'd have enough intelligence to figure that one out on your own. As if you never heard that phrase before.
    Sure I have. However you then went ahead and stated it as a fact.

    Masahiro Tanaka

    11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

  7. #967
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The COAL REGION,PA
    Posts
    924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Sure I have. However you then went ahead and stated it as a fact.
    I meant the singular version of the world FACT. Sorry such a little typo caused your panties to get in a bunch. That sentence meant little to me and didn't expet someone to make such a big deal about it.

  8. #968
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,360
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    I meant the singular version of the world FACT. Sorry such a little typo caused your panties to get in a bunch. That sentence meant little to me and didn't expet someone to make such a big deal about it.
    Your point was weak to begin with. Then you compounded that by claiming made up points as facts. I did not know you were so sensitive to a little criticisms of your posts. I will try and treat you more gentle from now on to avoid any tears.

    Masahiro Tanaka

    11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

  9. #969
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    Itchy
    Jeter
    Cano
    Tex
    Grandy
    Youkalis
    Nunez/Raul
    Catcher
    Gardner

    This isn't so bad for one year.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

  10. #970
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The COAL REGION,PA
    Posts
    924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Your point was weak to begin with. Then you compounded that by claiming made up points as facts. I did not know you were so sensitive to a little criticisms of your posts. I will try and treat you more gentle from now on to avoid any tears.
    So by saying my opinion that the Yankees shouldn't get rid of Cano is weak? Its my opinion and you can have yours. And the only fact i stated was that the Yankees income is nearly a billion dollars a year? Tell me what is so farfetched about that one. And I'm not sensitive to criticism sorry you feel that way.

  11. #971
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,463
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    Ok you have your opinion and I have mine nothing wrong with that. But please tell me how the yankees will replace his production.
    You obviously can't at his position. However, that shouldn't mean we allow him to handcuff us to a 8-10 year deal paying him well into his late 30's. the Yankees are trying to get cheaper and get under a cap, it shouldn't just be for 1 or 2 years. Being younger and effective should be the norm. Signing Cano to a ludicrous contract at his age does not fit into that mold.

    Honestly, "replacing production" is an archaic method of thinking in baseball. We need not concern ourselves with Cano or Swisher as individuals but instead work on a way to make the team as a whole a more productive unit.

    When we hang our hat on the 1 bat or the 3 run bomb and they go cold 1 week in October we get swept out of the playoffs.

  12. #972
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,580
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    I'm honestly starting to think that we should just trade our assets (Grandy, Hughes, Nova, etc.) for top-flight SP. At this point, **** it. Is there really a big difference between what we might be able to sign on the FA market at this point or something we have in house, like a Nix or Nunez? Same goes for the OF.

    May as well just load up the rotation-- Line up like 2-3 aces and just hope our offense can produce enough to win 2-1 and 3-2 ballgames. Then, when we can spend again after 2014, reload on bats.
    I am not convinced that Hal will just start spending after 2014....Did he say he will increase the payroll again? He has never said that. He watches the Rays challenge his $200 million team year in year out with a $50-60 million payroll and figures to try to do the same.....
    Nick

  13. #973
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,233
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    So by saying my opinion that the Yankees shouldn't get rid of Cano is weak? Its my opinion and you can have yours. And the only fact i stated was that the Yankees income is nearly a billion dollars a year? Tell me what is so farfetched about that one. And I'm not sensitive to criticism sorry you feel that way.
    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/33/...es_334613.html

  14. #974
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,580
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Itchy
    Jeter
    Cano
    Tex
    Grandy
    Youkalis
    Nunez/Raul
    Catcher
    Gardner

    This isn't so bad for one year.
    I could live with that for 2013. Just go with in-house for catching.
    Nick

  15. #975
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    829
    vCash
    1500
    Might as well just let Romine catch. Not many other options, its about time he proves if he can hack it or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •