Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Trade everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    People also need to stop acting like we have the same lineup back from last year. We don't have a ton of all or nothing HR hitters.

The lineup is down Martin, ARod, Chavez, Swisher, possibly Ibanez. Thats 40% of the HRs from last year with no viable replacements right now.
    I'm saying that we had too much of that and it reared its ugly head at us in the post season this year and we don't need any more of it... of course we don't have the same team back... we don't even have a COMPLETE TEAM right now as we speak!
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I hate Martin. I think his defense is overrated. I'm not a huge Granderson fan. And in this market, lord knows what Swisher might get. Having said that, we're losing a ton of offense. Cano was our best offensive player. After that it's Granderson and Swisher. We've already lost Swisher and people want to trade Granderson. We do need some offense. If not, we're going to end up like the Mariners.
    I don't want to just pay guys because "well, might as well, don't want to lose them, even though it is likely stupid". Just get the finances in order, sign some solid, if unspectacular players, try and build from within.

Make the big move when it makes sense. Instead of just wasting resources to keep the same mix together that likely isn't good enough anyway. This is such a weak FA pool to begin with, isn't accurately indicating what these guys should be worth. Horrible time to be looking to spend, actually very happy we aren't part of the overspending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
    most frustrated I ever was watching the Yankees and I was watching them when Maas was the best player. With guys like that they just have too many holes in there game and when a team with decent pitching really concentrates on it they take advantage of those holes. Its just a good thing the Orioles were built just like the Yankees or it might of been a round one exit
    Yes - I remember watching that team too. However, I'm referring to this 2012 NYY team in the playoffs... now that crap is just hard to watch. All talk no fight/no action team when it all mattered in the post season!
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    [QUOTE=TallicaFan87;24602949]People also need to stop acting like we have the same lineup back from last year. We don't have a ton of all or nothing HR hitters.

The lineup is down Martin, ARod, Chavez, Swisher, possibly Ibanez. Thats 40% of the HRs from last year with no viable replacements right no

what if Martins replacement hits 10-12 Hrs with 50-55 RBIs but hits .240

wouldnt that be feasible for most catchers and somewhat an improvement and if you dont consider it an improvement wouldnt you say its at least a wash?

My point is . not going to take a whole lot to replace some of that offense its not like the guy stepping in is going to have all zero's . As for Swisher what does it matter if he stays home during the playoffs. For me the Yankees are about how far they go in the playoffs not whether the make the Allstar team and he just doesnt get it done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcheese4U View Post
    Yes - I remember watching that team too. However, I'm referring to this 2012 NYY team in the playoffs... now that crap is just hard to watch. All talk no fight/no action team when it all mattered in the post season!
    like I was saying 2012 was the most frustrating season I had ever watched and going into the playoffs I could see what was going to happen. didnt need a crystal ball to see that. So I rather see a house cleaning. I dont want to be a really bad team. I do not want to go through rebuilding but I do want to reload.because most of these players just dont get it.

vCash
    We need more Jeters and Sabathia's and less Swishers and Grandersons

vCash
    [QUOTE=madhouse;24603276]
    People also need to stop acting like we have the same lineup back from last year. We don't have a ton of all or nothing HR hitters.

The lineup is down Martin, ARod, Chavez, Swisher, possibly Ibanez. Thats 40% of the HRs from last year with no viable replacements right no

what if Martins replacement hits 10-12 Hrs with 50-55 RBIs but hits .240

wouldnt that be feasible for most catchers and somewhat an improvement and if you dont consider it an improvement wouldnt you say its at least a wash?

My point is . not going to take a whole lot to replace some of that offense its not like the guy stepping in is going to have all zero's . As for Swisher what does it matter if he stays home during the playoffs. For me the Yankees are about how far they go in the playoffs not whether the make the Allstar team and he just doesnt get it done
    Depending on OBP and stuff that would be close enough to a wash. The problem is none of the catchers we currently have could most likely even do that. And besides Pierzynski there are 0 starting catchers available.

We think that production shouldn't be hard to find, but for the Yankees it will be.

vCash
    The problem is none of the catchers we currently have could most likely even do that. And besides Pierzynski there are 0 starting catchers available.
    Rod Barajas (37)
    Henry Blanco (41)
    Jesus Flores (28)
    Miguel Olivo (34)
    Ronny Paulino (32)
    A.J. Pierzynski (36)
    Brian Schneider (36)
    Kelly Shoppach (33)
    Chris Snyder (32)
    Yorvit Torrealba (34)
    Matt Treanor (37)
    Bobby Wilson (29)
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcheese4U View Post
    Rod Barajas (37)
    Henry Blanco (41)
    Jesus Flores (28)
    Miguel Olivo (34)
    Ronny Paulino (32)
    A.J. Pierzynski (36)
    Brian Schneider (36)
    Kelly Shoppach (33)
    Chris Snyder (32)
    Yorvit Torrealba (34)
    Matt Treanor (37)
    Bobby Wilson (29)
    Henry Blanco is 41. We should sign him.

vCash
    I know there are actual free agent catchers available. Not seeing any starting caliber ones besides Pierzynski...

vCash
    Bring on the platoon of Cervelli and Steward.

vCash
    "Bronx Bombers have turned into Coupon Clippers" - Rosenthal.

Lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    "Bronx Bombers have turned into Coupon Clippers" - Rosenthal.

Lol.

vCash
    Out of all those catchers the only one that intrigues me is Jesus Flores 1) young, 2) he caught the nats last yr when ramos went down and has postseason experience

But in reality its because The Yankees right now need Jesus ... Swidt?

Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast