Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    And the outfield will only have Gardner in CF, is he out only outfielder?
    With that staff, just add itchy and Dickerson.

Done. Parade.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    And the outfield will only have Gardner in CF, is he out only outfielder?

I guess he can cover the entire OF??

vCash
    I brought it up because I saw the Phillies were shopping him for an outfielder . I would do it. Granderson is just not what the Yankees need in my opinion. maybe philly thinks they can get him straightened up. As for Lee he was only 6-9 last year but did carry a decent Era at 3.16 and less hits per inning pitched 207 strike outs and only 29 walks. I would say he still has it. Grandy on the other hand did hit 47 bombs but his slugging was under .500. How does that even happen? and as for the glove he is not great . I dont think the Homers need replaced Homers look pretty but do they really win playoff baseball when there are so many holes in that swing, I would say why worry about replacing an outfielder who is just not that great

vCash
    on another note the Yankees should have already had Ichiro inked . he clearly showed there is a lot more left in the tank in the field on the bases and at the plate. bringing him back is a no brainer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
    I brought it up because I saw the Phillies were shopping him for an outfielder . I would do it. Granderson is just not what the Yankees need in my opinion. maybe philly thinks they can get him straightened up. As for Lee he was only 6-9 last year but did carry a decent Era at 3.16 and less hits per inning pitched 207 strike outs and only 29 walks. I would say he still has it. Grandy on the other hand did hit 47 bombs but his slugging was under .500. How does that even happen? and as for the glove he is not great . I dont think the Homers need replaced Homers look pretty but do they really win playoff baseball when there are so many holes in that swing, I would say why worry about replacing an outfielder who is just not that great
    The guy has been an MVP candidate and provides incredible power from the CF position. If he weren't great, he wouldn't be able to net a perennial CY candidate. That said, we can't trade all our offense away and expect it not to hurt. We're already down ARod, Martin, and Swisher. We do need some offense on this team.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Rylinkus;24601701]The guy has been an MVP candidate and provides incredible power from the CF position. If he weren't great, he wouldn't be able to net a perennial CY candidate. That said, we can't trade all our offense away and expect it not to hurt. We're already down ARod, Martin, and Swisher. We do need some offense on this team.[/QUO\\

forget the numbers for a moment. Granderson and Martin might be ok for the regular season but when it comes playoff time and the pitching gets better those kind of players just dont do it. give me someone that puts the ball in play more and I dont think the Phillies would even take Grandy for Lee straight up.Do you? and maybe the year before last he was considered MVP but no where close to that this year his batting average was only over .250 once in the last 4 yrs and the one that was was a robust .262. that is not exactly a great player

vCash
    Martin hit a whopping .211 with 53 RBIs and 50runs not exactly numbers that should be hard to replace

vCash
    Martin hit a whopping .211 with 53 RBIs and 50runs not exactly numbers that should be hard to replace
    How many catchers are roughly league average hitters?

vCash
    At the moment more FAs are going by the boards so soon the Yankees won't have any pool to choose from. Problem solved.
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    He conveniently forgot the 20 HRs as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I know catchers as a whole dont hit a bunch but without looking I would be surprised on that .211 wasnt lowest in majors for an every day catcher. hence the guy is more the replaceable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    He conveniently forgot the 20 HRs as well.
    I know catchers as a whole dont hit a bunch but without looking I would be surprised on that .211 wasnt lowest in majors for an every day catcher. hence the guy is more the replaceable
    Batting average is an incredibly poor indicator of offensive production. Something as simple as OPS is a much better indicator. It takes into account power and getting OBP. And in that regard, Martin is pretty darn good. As Tallica pointed out, 20 HRs is pretty impressive for a catcher. And we're unlikely to get it from most other options.

vCash
    hey I have an idea - Let's call Gary Sheffield for a hookup! LOL..
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Well i just found John Buck at a 190 something hitter . he is pretty awful. ofcourse he played for a last place team in 2012

vCash
    Idk if this was mentioned but we just missed out on Schierholtz. According to Joel Sherman, he was the first position player to receive an offer from the Yankees, yet he signed with the Cubs.

Is it just me or does it seem like that good old "Yankee Mystique" that almost always seemed to give us a bit of an edge in attracting mediocre free agents finally wearing off? And losing out on Chavez for a ONE year, $3 million offer? And right after news of AROD potentially missing the first half of the season? SERIOUSLY? I'm only fine with that if they are reasonably certain that he wouldn't be able to physically hold up for those 100 or so games they're looking for. Otherwise, I think it's time too loosen those purse strings just a tad or risk winding up with a $200 million non-playoff team. And that isn't an overreaction considering just how nail-bitingly close and down to the wire the playoff race was this season.

/rant
    Last edited by x McLovin x; 12-05-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast