Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

    4 26.67%
  • Catcher

    4 26.67%
  • Right field

    5 33.33%
  • Pitching

    2 13.33%
Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 1005
  1. #841
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Exactly, more proof that letting a player actually play at the ML level will improve their skill set.
    All his numbers, except games played(because of an injury then being sent down to rehab) improved from 2011 too 2012.

    Remember the AB he put together against Verlander then hit a home run to left field in the ALCS? He fouled off like 8 pitches before he hit that home run. That right there shows a lot of potential, to do that off Verlander who was dominating the rest of the Yankees line up all game.

    The Yankees don't want to trade him because they clearly view him as the next short stop after Jeter.

    I like nunez he has a lot of potential if he can cut the error crap out. Which I think is linked to being moved around the infield, he doesn't have the mental make up too switch positions like that. As most players would say it's not an easy thing to do. Which is why there aren't many that can do it.

  2. #842
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,943
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    All his numbers, except games played(because of an injury then being sent down to rehab) improved from 2011 too 2012.

    Remember the AB he put together against Verlander then hit a home run to left field in the ALCS? He fouled off like 8 pitches before he hit that home run. That right there shows a lot of potential, to do that off Verlander who was dominating the rest of the Yankees line up all game.

    The Yankees don't want to trade him because they clearly view him as the next short stop after Jeter.

    I like nunez he has a lot of potential if he can cut the error crap out. Which I think is linked to being moved around the infield, he doesn't have the mental make up too switch positions like that. As most players would say it's not an easy thing to do. Which is why there aren't many that can do it.
    Umm games Played is a biggie.. Look at his minor league games played over 7 years..

    Look, you are describing a backup infielder (and a crappy one) NOT a Yankee starting 3rd baseman or the replacement for Jeter. The guy is nearly 26 he is not replacing Jeter, when Derek hangs it up.

    One nice AB verses Verlander does not make him good.. I've seen Bubba Crosby foul off some pitches as well ..

  3. #843
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Umm games Played is a biggie.. Look at his minor league games played over 7 years..

    Look, you are describing a backup infielder NOT a Yankee starting 3rd baseman or the replacement for Jeter. The guy is nearly 26 he is not replacing Jeter, when Derek hangs it up.

    One nice AB verses Verlander does not make him good.. I've seen Bubba Crosby foul off some pitches as well ..
    You're claims are so weak they actually make you look clueless. I suggest giving up.

  4. #844
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    He progressed in his second year? he had 89 at bats.. Really?

    Look Minor league numbers DO count.. He didn't progress in Triple A he regressed (once he faced good pitching) and he showed NO power EVER. Once he is figured out by major league pitching he is toast.. There is a reason he spent 7 years in the minors. And also a reason he was never considered a top prospect.

    And to top it all off he can't field worth a damm..

    Guys a bum and you are all are eating into the NY hype machine. He had a decent 300 at bats in 2011 and by decent I mean .265 and no power.. And you want this guy to START at 3rd base for the NY Yankees? Have some pride..

    pack him up and ship him out.
    Oh and his numbers in the minors weren't .230 so your way off base. Not sure where your getting your numbers from, but I suggest you do some more research.

    He was a career .271/.314/.365 player in the minors. Not this so called ".230" you just magically came up with.

    Also, he has a guy named Derek Jeter blocking him from coming up to the majors, you ever think of that? Nunez is also still young at only 25. He was signed at 18.

    His limited time in the majors from 2010-2012, every single number on offense, BA, OBP, SLG, OBP+, has improved.

    There is a reason the Yankees haven't traded him, he will be the next short stop after Derek Jeter if he can stop the errors. Which I believe if he is kept at short stop, he will.

  5. #845
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,943
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    You're claims are so weak they actually make you look clueless. I suggest giving up.
    Like Nunez's abilities..

    Oh and feel free to block me if you don't like what i have to say..
    Last edited by Thump; 12-05-2012 at 05:58 PM.

  6. #846
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,943
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Oh and his numbers in the minors weren't .230 so your way off base. Not sure where your getting your numbers from, but I suggest you do some more research.

    He was a career .271/.314/.365 player in the minors. Not this so called ".230" you just magically came up with.

    Also, he has a guy named Derek Jeter blocking him from coming up to the majors, you ever think of that? Nunez is also still young at only 25. He was signed at 18.

    His limited time in the majors from 2010-2012, every single number on offense, BA, OBP, SLG, OBP+, has improved.

    There is a reason the Yankees haven't traded him, he will be the next short stop after Derek Jeter if he can stop the errors. Which I believe if he is kept at short stop, he will.




    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=nunez-002edu

    Not gonna happen. Let's throw down some cash on this. Nunez will NEVER be a starting 3rd baseman or SS for the NY Yankees over the course of a full season.

    .230 is my estimate on him over a full Major League season and I am being generous.

    His .OPS in Triple A last year over 189 Abs (more than 89 major league abs)

    .554

    You are right though he did hit .270 over seven minor league years.. And his amazing power numbers?..

    33 home runs in 2737 at bats..

    But yeah.. You guys are right he can man a Yankee corner infield spot..
    Last edited by Thump; 12-05-2012 at 06:02 PM.

  7. #847
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Not gonna happen. Let's throw down some cash on this..

    .230 is my estimate on him over a full Major League season and I am being generous.

    He did hit .270 over seven minor league years.. And his amazing power.. 33 home runs in 2737 at bats.. You guys are right he can man a Yankee corner infield spot..

    Also http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=nunez-002edu
    Your estimate?

    So what he isn't a power hitter, either is Brett Gardner, and he provides the same thing, he's quick on the base pads, steals bases, turns singles into doubles and goes from 1st to 3rd instead of 1st to 2nd. So we should give up on Brett Gardner too since he isnt a power hitter?

    Another one to put on ignore.

    You have no value to your argument. Your numbers are way off base.

    Your logic is way off.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 12-05-2012 at 06:01 PM.

  8. #848
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,943
    vCash
    1500
    Sure ignore me since I don't agree.. I'm cool with that.. But you will NEVER see this guy start..

    And to be clear I don't want Brett Gardner's numbers at 3rd base either..

  9. #849
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,581
    vCash
    1500
    The team we match up with right now is Cleveland.

    Choo to RF
    Cabrera to 3b

    Boom. Done.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  10. #850
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Sure ignore me since I don't agree.. I'm cool with that.. But you will NEVER see this guy start..

    And to be clear I don't want Brett Gardner's numbers at 3rd base either..
    I've seen him start. And I'm not talking about 3B I'm talking about SS

  11. #851
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,240
    vCash
    1500
    Nunez at 3B would be a disaster IMO. Just sign Mark Reynolds, fk it!

  12. #852
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7
    vCash
    1500
    all you people talk about is power numbers.. aren't you kind of sick of the HR or nothing ball?? see where that got us last year in the playoffs. Speaking of power numbers you all talk about how we need to bring it in yet you want to ship out the best power hitter on this team (Cano).

  13. #853
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,943
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    I've seen him start. And I'm not talking about 3B I'm talking about SS
    Not for the RailRiders guy, I mean start a full season for the Yankees..

    SS, 3b, Bat Boy I don't care where you put him.. he sucks..

  14. #854
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Your estimate?

    So what he isn't a power hitter, either is Brett Gardner, and he provides the same thing, he's quick on the base pads, steals bases, turns singles into doubles and goes from 1st to 3rd instead of 1st to 2nd. So we should give up on Brett Gardner too since he isnt a power hitter?

    Another one to put on ignore.

    You have no value to your argument. Your numbers are way off base.

    Your logic is way off.
    Brett Gardner is defensively elite. Nunez is not. And most of his recent reps have been @ SS. Lord knows how well shifting him to third and expecting him to make that throw would fare. There's potential for him to see some success. There's also potential for him to be an error machine while providing zero offense.

  15. #855
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Brett Gardner is defensively elite. Nunez is not. And most of his recent reps have been @ SS. Lord knows how well shifting him to third and expecting him to make that throw would fare. There's potential for him to see some success. There's also potential for him to be an error machine while providing zero offense.

    I'm talking about SHORT STOP not 3B, I'm not sure how many times I have to repeat that.

    I also said, if he can fix his error's issue he will be the future short stop.

    He has done plenty of work in the batting cages with Cano and A-rod and it's shown.

    I'm optimistic that he will get better.

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •