Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Reynolds also walks a lot.
    73 walks and 159 strikeouts... hmmm I'm just not crazy about it. especially when seeing that .221 avg.

He's like Granderson Jr minus more HRs/RBI.... lol

75/195/.232

One good thing is he's only 29!
    Last edited by Highcheese4U; 12-04-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If a team cannot win with a $189 million payroll then your team flat out sucks!
    Ohh we win - we just can't win the big one!
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcheese4U View Post
    73 walks and 159 strikeouts... hmmm I'm just crazy about it. especially when seeing that .221 avg.

He's like Granderson Jr minus more HRs/RBI.... lol

75/195/.232

One good thing is he's only 29!
    Strikeouts be damned, he finds his way onto base more often than Ichiro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Strikeouts be damned, he finds his way onto base more often than Ichiro.
    Be careful what you wish for!
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Flexibility is a must for Cashman....he seriously needs to trade Granderson....He will be 33 starting his next contract...not worth it! Trade him for whatever Brian can get....
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcheese4U View Post
    Be careful what you wish for!
    He's a flawed player. I'm not arguing that. But everyone seems okay with other flawed players. We're talking a backup 3rd baseman until ARod gets back. And this team is missing RH power, which Reynolds has in spades. I think he's a solid fit.

vCash
    I'm fine trading him if they can get some solid pieces for him. If they can't find a good deal theres no point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I'm fine trading him if they can get some solid pieces for him. If they can't find a good deal theres no point.
    What are you expecting to get in return for a guy who is not a good defender and K's 200 times a year?

Get a few low level prospects and get the payroll lowered...Brian needs flexibility.
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    i don't know if you guys have seen this
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-contract.html

so apparently if he retires early the yanks can recoup anywhere from 70%-100% of his remaining 114 million dollar contract if doctors list him as unable to physically play baseball anymore, so for them the best case scenario is this surgery goes awry and they get off the hook.

vCash
    What are you expecting to get in return for a guy who plays horrible defense and K's 200 times a year?

Get a few low level prospects and get the payroll lowered...Brian needs flexibility.
    Flexibility means nothing this year. What are they going to do with an extra 13M for 2013? If you want a few low level prospects just let Granderson play out his contract, offer him the qualifying offer and get 2 picks.

Granderson has his huge flaws but he's also a guy that has hit 84 HRs over the past two years. Cashman is an idiot if he gives that up for a couple low level prospects to get the payroll lowered...for what? Payroll next year doesn't matter at all. If it did the team wouldn't have signed Kuroda, Pettitte, etc...

The team also does want to win. Or at least look like it wants to win. Whether you like Granderson or not he is a big part of this offense. Some stats might not be pretty but 84 HRs and 225 RBIs over the last two years isn't nothing.

vCash
    Instant replay will be expanded:

Via Jayson Stark: Instant replay is unlikely to be expanded in time for next season. MLB tested out a new system for fair-or-foul calls at Yankee Stadium and CitiField late last season, but the league can’t decide on a technology or how to employ it. We went through the exact same “MLB is looking into it … lol too bad” song and dance last offseason.
    RAB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Flexibility means nothing this year. What are they going to do with an extra 13M for 2013? If you want a few low level prospects just let Granderson play out his contract, offer him the qualifying offer and get 2 picks.

Granderson has his huge flaws but he's also a guy that has hit 84 HRs over the past two years. Cashman is an idiot if he gives that up for a couple low level prospects to get the payroll lowered...for what? Payroll next year doesn't matter at all. If it did the team wouldn't have signed Kuroda, Pettitte, etc...

The team also does want to win. Or at least look like it wants to win. Whether you like Granderson or not he is a big part of this offense. Some stats might not be pretty but 84 HRs and 225 RBIs over the last two years isn't nothing.

I do to dislike Grandy, but he showed very little passion down the stretch and in Oct....Confidence could be shattered....90% of his swing and misses in Oct were in the dirt 3 feet away.....I don't think he hits 25 HRs this season....I do think he will K close to 200 times....if they keep him then move him out of CF....

Either way this year is the last run with the current roster.....a serious change is needed with an injection of youth......we have no Bernie Williams or Derek Jeter on this roster....This team is old and needs to stay healthy to have a shot...Cano is 30.....we needed some 22-24 yr old position players coming up and it is not there....

The team will win games but Andy, Kuroda and Mo need to be successful....along with Jeter and a few others."
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    I do to dislike Grandy, but he showed very little passion down the stretch and in Oct....Confidence could be shattered....90% of his swing and misses in Oct were in the dirt 3 feet away.....I don't think he hits 25 HRs this season....I do think he will K close to 200 times....if they keep him then move him out of CF....

Either way this year is the last run with the current roster.....a serious change is needed with an injection of youth......we have no Bernie Williams or Derek Jeter on this roster....This team is old and needs to stay healthy to have a shot...Cano is 30.....we needed some 22-24 yr old position players coming up and it is not there....

The team will win games but Andy, Kuroda and Mo need to be successful....along with Jeter and a few others."
    I'm not disagreeing with any of this. But trading Granderson for whatever we can get doesn't help with any of this.

vCash
    But i dont believe CG will not be resigned. You just want draft picks instead? Shouldnt they get more than that?

vCash
    Be resigned....double negative...my bad.

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast