Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Who are you trying to convince? Nobody here is suggesting the Yankees give him Prince Fielder money. I wouldnt give him a day over 5 years.
    He isn't worth a 4 year contract in my opinion; why do you think the rangers won't even offer him more then 3 years?

He is injury prone, a drug addict who has relapsed, also add in the Yankees are trying to get under 189.

vCash
    I advocated Josh for two reasons:

1- He creates a huge revenue stream. Huge.
    2- The entertainment value for us fans would be insane.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Gardner
    Jeter
    Cano
    Josh
    Tex
    Arod
    Grandy
    Martin
    DH

Ummm......drool?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    No thanks to Josh, that's my opinion. But I won't argue it any further. He's not worth it in my opinion. That is all.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 11-26-2012 at 06:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    What makes you certain he would create a huge revenue stream? Because his name is Josh Hamilton? Any other reason? Obviously texas doesn't view him too be worth it and wont even offer him anything more then a 3 year deal.
    He would be wildly popular here with kids and fans. Huge money maker. Will sell tixx and create a buzz on an otherwise boring team.

Texas is run by fools on a credit line. Whole roster in its prime and they haven't won crap and won't win crap.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    No to Hamilton. 30's, injury plagued, mental problems, alcohol/drug problems, 100+ million.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    He would be wildly popular here with kids and fans. Huge money maker. Will sell tixx and create a buzz on an otherwise boring team.

Texas is run by fools on a credit line. Whole roster in its prime and they haven't won crap and won't win crap.
    I'll give it too you, he's the third most marketable player in the MLB, Behind Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera. Report shows.

But I don't care. I still don't want that train wreck on this team.

vCash
    I'll give it too you, he's the third most marketable player in the MLB, Behind Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera. Report shows.

I haven't seen enough of him to give a fk, but what I have seen would be a damn blast as a fan. We would all go nuts for him.

Mammoth Home runs. Partying relapses. Hot broads.

What more do u want?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    No to Hamilton. 30's, injury plagued, mental problems, alcohol/drug problems, 100+ million.

Agree

vCash
    I haven't seen enough of him to give a fk, but what I have seen would be a damn blast as a fan. We would all go nuts for him.

What more do u want?
    A guy who isn't injury prone. Going to go into his decline years. Who is commanding huge money?

Yankee's really try to consider themselves a classy organization. Outside of some stupid A-rod things, they pretty much do a good job of it. Do you think they really are going to try to bring in a drug addict? Really?

vCash
    No thanks to Josh, that's my opinion. But I won't argue it any further. He's not worth it in my opinion. That is all.
    It could be a negotiating tactic by Texas. Just because he wants 7 years 200m do you think Texas is just going to say "ok". Not at all. Texas has the upper hand because he isnt going to get that many years. Texas knows that. Josh probably knows that as well. If anything, Texas will meet in the middle. I can see Texas going 5 years.

vCash

What more do u want?
    Yeah, the best way to replace a player is with an oft injured, drug addled, superstar. The kids love that sort of thing.

vCash
    Cash money!

Playoff shares were announced Monday morning, and the Yankees awarded 58 full shares worth a cool $115,065.28 each. Each LCS loser is allotted 12% of the $65.36M pool. That $115k+ is a drop in the bucket for stars like Derek Jeter and CC Sabathia, but it’s major cash for guys like Chris Stewart and David Phelps. A full share for the World Champion Giants was worth a bit more than $377k, breaking the previous record held by the 2006 Cardinals ($362k). The Tigers earned $284k each for sweeping the Yankees and then getting swept by San Francisco.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/11/get...5065-28-79576/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    It could be a negotiating tactic by Texas. Just because he wants 7 years 200m do you think Texas is just going to say "ok". Not at all. Texas has the upper hand because he isnt going to get that many years. Texas knows that. Josh probably knows that as well. If anything, Texas will meet in the middle. I can see Texas going 5 years.
    That still seems like a long contract for Hamilton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Where is our share for being loyal fans?

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast