Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'd like to make sure this thread knows that Swisher stinks.

Carry on...
    Swisher is one of just four players - joining some guy named Miguel Cabrera, another nobody named Prince Fielder on that team in Detroit and this Ryan Braun dude in Milwaukee - to hit at least 20 homers with 80+ RBI and a .350 on-base percentage in each of the past four seasons. Four stinky players were the only ones to do that.

Swisher has also been injury-free and is one of just seven players to play at least 145 games in each of the last seven years, and he is one of just seven players to hit at least 20 homers in each of the last eight seasons.

He clearly stinks. You're right.

Oh, and post-season you meant? Well, the Yanks would have been watching the Orioles and the Rays or Angels play in the playoffs from their homes if it wasn't for Swisher's numbers in 2012. ...and as if Cano, ARod, Granderson, Tex and the rest of the team really had great post-seasons. If the Yankees were smart, I think they'll re-approach Swisher with a three year deal now that Boston took Gomes and is close to getting Ross resigned. Who else are we going to put out there, Chris Dickerson? I like him, just not sure if he's ready for 140+ games at MLB.
    Last edited by UESYanksFan; 12-02-2012 at 08:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UESYanksFan View Post
    Swisher is one of just four players - joining some guy named Miguel Cabrera, another nobody named Prince Fielder on that team in Detroit and this Ryan Braun dude in Milwaukee - to hit at least 20 homers with 80+ RBI and a .350 on-base percentage in each of the past four seasons. Four stinky players were the only ones to do that.

Swisher has also been injury-free and is one of just seven players to play at least 145 games in each of the last seven years, and he is one of just seven players to hit at least 20 homers in each of the last eight seasons.

Productive but Hal doesn't want long term deals....he is going to Boston.
    Nick(mush)

vCash

Oh, and post-season you meant? Well, the Yanks would have been watching the Orioles and the Rays or Angels play in the playoffs from their homes if it wasn't for Swisher's numbers in 2012. ...and as if Cano, ARod, Granderson, Tex and the rest of the team really had great post-seasons. If the Yankees were smart, I think they'll re-approach Swisher with a three year deal now that Boston took Gomes and is close to getting Ross resigned. Who else are we going to put out there, Chris Dickerson? I like him, just not sure if he's ready for 140+ games at MLB.
    Stinks.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash

I'm not sure there's a non trade option that's not a downgrade. Apparently Yankees fans want the team to be worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I'm not sure there's a non trade option that's not a downgrade. Apparently Yankees fans want the team to be worse.
    They want Ichiro or Bourn....
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Swisher batted .150 vs the Orioles this season. Batted .161 vs the Rays.

Batted .130 or whatever in the playoffs.

But hey....he batted .450 against theIndians and redsox!

Oh.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Via Buster Olney: The Yankees are one of nine teams with interest in the recently non-tendered Nate Schierholtz. I’ve written quite a bit about the 29-year-old outfielder lately, so I’ll just refer you back to that. Schierholtz makes a ton of sense for the Yankees as the left-handed half of a right field platoon, especially since they would control him as an arbitration-eligible player in 2014. With so many teams interested, I suppose he could sign relatively quickly.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/12/oln...erholtz-79937/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Swisher batted .150 vs the Orioles this season. Batted .161 vs the Rays.

Batted .130 or whatever in the playoffs.

But hey....he batted .450 against theIndians and redsox!

Oh.
    So let's cast aside our 2nd best player due to bad series vs. The Rays and Orioles. ??? Wait, I thought you were all caught up in what dudes did vs. the R. Sox... Oh.....

vCash
    We need to stop sucking Swishers dick and move on with our lives. I do not want to see the same lineup for 3 straight years. We need change. RF is easiest way to do that. Furthermore, we hit too many home runs when we should be looking for players who have the ability to slap a base hit, steal bases, go from 1st to 3rd on a single...

You know, non-Swisher like player.

Oh wait, that means we can't re-sign Swisher.

Oh darn.

Now go make a trade Cashman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    So let's cast aside our 2nd best player due to bad series vs. The Rays and Orioles. ??? Wait, I thought you were all caught up in what dudes did vs. the R. Sox... Oh.....
    S
    T
    I
    N
    K
    S

But yes, u win on the sox argument. Whoops.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Cant understand the point of bringing back Chavez or adding Drew. If we keep Nunez I think he should be the primary back up at SS and 3B the kid can rake at the plate.. And just needs innings to get confidence in the field

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusNYY_Savior View Post
    Cant understand the point of bringing back Chavez or adding Drew. If we keep Nunez I think he should be the primary back up at SS and 3B the kid can rake at the plate.. And just needs innings to get confidence in the field
    If we sign Drew, he's playing everyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    If we sign Drew, he's playing everyday.
    and make el capitan DH?

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusNYY_Savior View Post
    and make el capitan DH?
    Yes, and A-rod. Drew can play 3rd as well.

vCash
    Crazy trade idea, but hear me out... first let me say I know this won't ever happen but meh...

Cano, Nova(or Hughes), Nunez, and Logan for Morse, Desmond, Ramos, and Rendon?

Why I think the Nationals would do this: Cano would be a huge plus for that lineup... Span, Harper, Cano, Zimmerman, Werth, Suzuki, Nunez, and add in LaRoche or another 1B into that mix, heck of a lineup. They're in the market for a SP too, so Hughes or Nova would be a nice fit behind Strasburgh, Gio, and Zimmerman. I'm assuming they might want Nova over Hughes due to team control. I don't see any lefties in their bullpen either, Logan would be a nice power arm to add to their impressive pen with Storen, Clippard, Stammen, and Garcia. Then Nunez could see what he could do full time at SS. Danny Espinosa becomes a super UTL player.

Why I think the Yankees should do it: Plus Morse into RF for a year see what he can do. Ramos becomes the starting catcher until Sanchez is ready, then is expendable... he's obviously better than Stewart or Cervelli too. Yankees could still have a strong rotation with CC, Kuroda, Pettitte, Hughes/Nova, and Phelps or a free agent signing. They don't really need Logan, imo too. We've got some talented lefties. To me Desmond would be the prize in this deal though, but I really like him.

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast