Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Lets just trade for Giancarlo, put him in RF and call it a day =)
    At least we can agree on something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Even if the Yankees put together a deal the Marlins liked, there are a good amount of other teams that could easily top any deal we offer if they wanted to.
    Yeah I know but a guy can dream.

vCash
    Yeah I know but a guy can dream.
    I would go ******* if the Yankees managed to get Stanton. Definitely one of my favorite players in the league at the moment.

vCash
    Eh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    At least we can agree on something.
    lol touche!

vCash
    Lets just trade for Giancarlo, put him in RF and call it a day =)
    Him at yankees stadium = one of the best trade Cashman ever makes.

I would get creative trade graderson for some up and coming prospects add a couple of our prospects and make the trade. Giancarlo would not only make our offense better, but he's so cheap right now that it'll give us so much flexibility to spend elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    I would go ******* if the Yankees managed to get Stanton. Definitely one of my favorite players in the league at the moment.
    He's probably the guy I would build a team around. I've been very high on this kid since he broke in the league. He's the man.

vCash
    He's probably the guy I would build a team around. I've been very high on this kid since he broke in the league. He's the man.
    Dude hits 450 foot home runs with ease. Absolute monster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by urwathrtz View Post
    I'll agree. Rad dude, but stinks at baseball. He will be missed.
    Seeing the fact that he plays professionally means he doesn't stink. I mean, we stink at baseball since we all have to post about it on a sports forum whereas he gets to live it.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Stanton would be cool but that deal won't happen. It'll be stopgap central this season with free agent pickups. As far as trades go, I wouldn't expect Cashman to suddenly trade the farm for a guy when he has emphasized so much lately of keeping prospects.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    Stanton would be cool but that deal won't happen. It'll be stopgap central this season with free agent pickups. As far as trades go, I wouldn't expect Cashman to suddenly trade the farm for a guy when he has emphasized so much lately of keeping prospects.
    Oh yea?

vCash
    I just don't think we have the pieces to outbid other teams for Stanton.

vCash
    For those who want Josh Hamilton

Are the same people who complain that Nick Swisher is a streaky player.

Josh Hamilton is more streaky then Nick Swisher

No body noticed Josh Hamilton choke in the playoff run stretch when texas got knocked out of play off contention?

No body noticed that Josh Hamilton is a measly .220 hitter in the play offs? Better then Nick swisher, sure but worth 10 million more a year? Absolutely not.

So the same people who complained about Nick Swisher Sucking in the playoffs, and being a streaky player..will be the same people *****ing about Hamilton when he chokes in the play offs. Or the regular season for that matter.

So if the Yankees do by some Miracle decide to sign that drug addict, I will laugh in everyone's face when they start *****ing it was a horrible signing.

I am not saying we have to bring back Nick Swisher, but I'd rather have Nick Swisher for 4/48, then Josh Hamilton for 4/90.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 11-26-2012 at 06:07 PM.

vCash
    It seems to me that IF Hamilton is truly one of the game's elite players (which he certainly was in 2010 when he won the AL MVP Award) and worthy of a monster contract even as he enters his age-32 season, then he has to rank as one of the top three or four hitters in the game. I don't believe he is; his on-base skills simply aren't good enough to put him in the same category as Cabrera or Prince Fielder or Joey Votto. His overly aggressive approach at the plate, which caused Nolan Ryan to raise a stink during the season, have been well-documented: No player swung at a higher percentage of pitches outside the strike zone than Hamilton in 2012 -- not Delmon Young or Jeff Francoeur or Alexei Ramirez. Hamilton's bat speed and natural hitting abilities certainly allow him to compensate for this flaw better than those players, but the spike in his strikeout rate from 17.3 percent to 25.5 has to be a major concern.

Factor in his defense -- average at best, and probably more suited to playing left field these days -- and I don't believe Hamilton is one of the top 10 position players in the game, as widely believed by most fans and writers (he finished fifth in the AL MVP vote in 2012). Hamilton is reportedly seeking Prince Fielder money ($200-plus million), which Buster Olney doesn't believe will happen, as he wrote today in handicapping the Hamilton market.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...n-is-overrated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    It seems to me that IF Hamilton is truly one of the game's elite players (which he certainly was in 2010 when he won the AL MVP Award) and worthy of a monster contract even as he enters his age-32 season, then he has to rank as one of the top three or four hitters in the game. I don't believe he is; his on-base skills simply aren't good enough to put him in the same category as Cabrera or Prince Fielder or Joey Votto. His overly aggressive approach at the plate, which caused Nolan Ryan to raise a stink during the season, have been well-documented: No player swung at a higher percentage of pitches outside the strike zone than Hamilton in 2012 -- not Delmon Young or Jeff Francoeur or Alexei Ramirez. Hamilton's bat speed and natural hitting abilities certainly allow him to compensate for this flaw better than those players, but the spike in his strikeout rate from 17.3 percent to 25.5 has to be a major concern.

Factor in his defense -- average at best, and probably more suited to playing left field these days -- and I don't believe Hamilton is one of the top 10 position players in the game, as widely believed by most fans and writers (he finished fifth in the AL MVP vote in 2012). Hamilton is reportedly seeking Prince Fielder money ($200-plus million), which Buster Olney doesn't believe will happen, as he wrote today in handicapping the Hamilton market.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...n-is-overrated
    Who are you trying to convince? Nobody here is suggesting the Yankees give him Prince Fielder money. I wouldnt give him a day over 5 years.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast