Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    How do u guys assess swishers defensive abilities as a RF going forward?

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...o-soriano.html

if cubs are willing to eat a lot of the contract he would make a good dh for the Yankees

" Anyone who believes saber metrics never played the game. Only your eyes can tell you the truth. " Torii Hunter

"They both (statistics & bikinis) show a lot, but not everything." - Infielder Toby Harrah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...o-soriano.html

if cubs are willing to eat a lot of the contract he would make a good dh for the Yankees
    Only if they pick of a ton of his money and include Garza. I'd be glad to give them Nova/Hughes in return.

vCash
    Don't want Soriano and that contract going into 2014. Don't want Garza for what it would cost us in prospects either. Our rotation is fine, right now.

Mike Morse is a much better option should the Nationals resign LaRoche. I just wonder what they would want for him.

I was upset they got Span. I was hoping for a Granderson & Nunez for Morse & Rendon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Don't want Soriano and that contract going into 2014. Don't want Garza for what it would cost us in prospects either. Our rotation is fine, right now.

Mike Morse is a much better option should the Nationals resign LaRoche. I just wonder what they would want for him.

I was upset they got Span. I was hoping for a Granderson & Nunez for Morse & Rendon.
    Just resign Ichy, Ibanez and a couple of catchers from the scrap heap and call it a day....
    Nick(mush)

vCash

If Yankees did that, then they will have to get Hamilton. We're having an outfield of Gardner and Morse. Not a Yankee outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Only if they pick of a ton of his money and include Garza. I'd be glad to give them Nova/Hughes in return.
    Soriano is not coming to NY unless Theo eats all of the contract and takes ARod off our hands....
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    and theo isnt a moron

vCash
    The Yankees continue to look for infield help, Brian Cashman confirmed to Chad Jennings. “It’s an area that I will focus on, but whether anything materializes from that area (is impossible to say),” said the GM. “What’s the availability in terms of what’s in the marketplace, both free agent and trade? Does any of that make sense with the cost associated with it, whether it’s your assets as a player or a dollar amount?”

Cashman also acknowledged that he’s “talked to (other teams about trades) on several occasions,” though he hasn’t checked in with Eric Chavez very often this offseason. It’s unclear if Chavez even wants to play another year. We know the Yankees are seeking an upgrade over Jayson Nix, but the free agent market really doesn’t have much to offer since players like Marco Scutaro, Jeff Keppinger, and Stephen Drew figure to get starting jobs elsewhere. If Cashman does find an upgrade over Nix, it’ll almost certainly come via trade.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/12/cas...ld-help-79868/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    If Yankees did that, then they will have to get Hamilton. We're having an outfield of Gardner and Morse. Not a Yankee outfield.
    First off the whole reason is to cash in on Granderson and avoid the 189 cap.

Now, as to your claims of "They will have to get Hamilton" and "Not a Yankee outfield"

You know what... I'm not going to even start. You're just wrong. Hamilton will not be a Yankee and there is no such thing as a "Yankee outfield". I don't even know why I'm defending myself but I feel such an answer you gave warrants you to be smacked with logic and fact. Rendon is the best 3B prospect behind Olt on Texas and Castelleanos on Detroit, A Rod is made of glass and our next DH. OR, Rendon could even be used as part of a deal to acquire another big time bat who is young and under team control. Hmmm Stanton?

We are not keeping Granderson - deal with it. In today's market with the upcoming cloud of the $189m tax, getting a return as such is the most logical path to take. Honestly, we would not have missed Granderson all that much had that deal been made. He hits home runs and strikes out. He's the black Adam Dunn with athleticism and speed (which makes him way more valuable).

An outfield of Ichiro, Gardner, and Morse is one I'd go to war with any day given the current restrictions.

And I'm SURE.... SURE. That there will be a suitable 4/5th outfielder(s) the likes of Scott Hairiston and/or Reed Johnson on the team if for what ever reason Granderson gets cashed in on.
    Last edited by DasBoot; 12-01-2012 at 09:42 PM.

11. 12-01-2012, 09:48 PM

vCash
    First off the whole reason is to cash in on Granderson and avoid the 189 cap.

Now, as to your claims of "They will have to get Hamilton" and "Not a Yankee outfield"

You know what... I'm not going to even start. You're just wrong. Hamilton will not be a Yankee and there is no such thing as a "Yankee outfield". I don't even know why I'm defending myself but I feel such an answer you gave warrants you to be smacked with logic and fact. Rendon is the best 3B prospect behind Olt on Texas and Castelleanos on Detroit, A Rod is made of glass and our next DH. OR, Rendon could even be used as part of a deal to acquire another big time bat who is young and under team control. Hmmm Stanton?

We are not keeping Granderson - deal with it. In today's market with the upcoming cloud of the $189m tax, getting a return as such is the most logical path to take. Honestly, we would not have missed Granderson all that much had that deal been made. He hits home runs and strikes out. He's the black Adam Dunn with athleticism and speed (which makes him way more valuable).

An outfield of Ichiro, Gardner, and Morse is one I'd go to war with any day given the current restrictions.

And I'm SURE.... SURE. That there will be a suitable 4/5th outfielder(s) the likes of Scott Hairiston and/or Reed Johnson on the team if for what ever reason Granderson gets cashed in on.
    Are you out of your mind ? I think you should go check the outfielders in the past and look at their numbers. Yankees -- since forever -- has always had 30-homer/100-rbi OF. They're not going to go with Gardner was injured all last year, Ichiro (who I like) and Morse whose uncertain.
    Last edited by Yank-Knick-Up; 12-01-2012 at 09:55 PM.

vCash
    Where is the new off topic thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Are you out of your mind ? I think you should go check the outfielders in the past and look at their numbers. Yankees -- since forever -- has always had 30-homer/100-rbi OF. They're not going to go with Gardner was injured all last year, Ichiro (who I like) and Morse whose uncertain.
    2009 Yankees starting outfield.

Johnny Damon - 24/82/.282
    Melky Cabrera - 13/68/.274
    Nick Swisher - 29/82/.249

Not one of those guys were 30hr/100rbi type guys. Unless you want to go off the past with Swisher then in which case Morse is one of those guys as well. (+Morse hits for average)

If you want to play that game then the Yankees since forever have always had a stud catcher... oh wait.

The Yankees have always had a power hitting DH in the middle of the order... oh wait.

And Gardner is fine.

There is no "Yankee type" unless it counts for make up and class. Your argument is nugatory.
    Last edited by DasBoot; 12-01-2012 at 10:26 PM.

vCash
    2009 Yankees starting outfield.

Johnny Damon - 24/82/.282
    Melky Cabrera - 13/68/.274
    Nick Swisher - 29/82/.249

Not one of those guys were 30hr/100rbi type guys. Unless you want to go off the past with Swisher then in which case Morse is one of those guys as well. (+Morse hits for average)

If you want to play that game then the Yankees since forever have always had a stud catcher... oh wait.

The Yankees have always had a power hitting DH in the middle of the order... oh wait.

And Gardner is fine.

There is no "Yankee type" unless it counts for make up and class. Your argument is nugatory.
    Big difference ! Johnny Damon and Nick Swisher had close enough numbers. And Damon was a clutch hitter for us.

Also, the Yankee offense was a lot better than the current one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Where is the new off topic thread
    Not doing it for the time being. Admins don't want them.

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast