Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    The problem is none of that fits the Yankees plans. First, Nova and Hughes a mid to back rotation starters. And no GM in baseball will view them as more. Neither is a #2. And if we're trying to get under the lux tax cap, we can't be absorbing most of ARod's contract and being left with a space to fill. We also cannot be trading our cheap young players, Gardner, Nova, etc.

Look, I'd love Stanton. I honestly can't imagine a reasonable way we could acquire him without decimating the rest of the young talent we have and leaving us screwed for the foreseeable future.
    As much as I'd love Stanton, I'd have to agree with this.

Most of our high ceiling prospects are in the lower levels in the minors. Most years away. Most prospects aren't like Mike Trout or Bryce Harper. They need time to develop in the minors. Minor adjustments to there swings, or batting motions/stances) Or in a pitchers case, sometimes a minor adjustment in delivery. Learning secondary pitches and mastering them..etc.

We just hired a new pitching coach in the minors, and the things he did in oakland with there pitchers, gives me high hope for guys like Depaula and others.

The Yankees are very serious about this 189 budget and I have a feeling they will not ever, under this owner ship, be HUGE spenders like they have been(09 comes to mind as most recent). Of course they will go out and buy free agents, but I don't believe it will be like it use to be. I'm honestly okay with that. Because buying a team doesn't usually win you championships. Also keep in mind that the Yankees have to reset the tax every 5 years by being under 189.

The Yankees are going to need to keep these prospects having too meet this goal of 189. I would not trade the farm to get one player. No matter how good he is, who is under team control for what, 3-4 more years? One player can not win you a championship. Obviously you have a star player, but you need pieces around him. So by trading away the few actual high end prospects we have. What does that leave us with when next year rolls around.

You need to develop more prospects and keep them and go through the growing pains and create our own stars like Cano and Jeter, Rivera..through our minors.

As far as what was mentioned earlier about all this big writers and analysts saying Miami wants to trade Stanton, I really haven't found any reliable sources saying that is what they want to do. At all. In fact, most things I'm reading is that they want to keep him and build young talent under low cost team control around him.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 11-29-2012 at 07:15 PM.

vCash
    Josh. Phillies.

Yikes!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    "Overall, a package like the one Stanton would require would be so immense that it renders him essentially untradable. It is not that the Marlins have a valueless asset, but rather that their asset is too valuable. Much like if the Angels were to try and trade Mike Trout, no package could be offered to make a deal seem reasonable for the Marlins. Right now, Stanton has too many years of control left and too much present production for any one ball club to acquire him without giving up half of their team."

Most writers are basically saying his value is so high. He is basically untradeable.

vCash
    Everyone is for sale. Always.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    This one was written just a day ago.

"The Marlins are not entertaining trade offers for Giancarlo Stanton, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports. In fact, Marlins president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest told Heyman he’d love to find a powerful bat to pair with Stanton in Miami’s lineup.

"We want someone to hit behind him, someone to offer more power," Beinfest told Heyman. "Giancarlo represents the power on our team."

Adding a power hitter appears to be the Marlins’ top priority. Stanton, the 23-year-old slugger who has surpassed the 30-homer mark in both of the past two seasons, won’t be traded. People with Marlins connections and rival executives agree he’ll return to Miami in 2013. But aside from Stanton, who’s still pre-arbitration eligible, there are lots of areas of need for the Marlins.

"It's not going to be easy," Beinfest acknowledged. "We're not going to put any expectations on it ... the reality is, we haven't played good for a couple years."

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/florid...3vHVPK1LFQM.99
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 11-29-2012 at 07:29 PM.

vCash
    Stanton is not getting traded. Even if he was, Yanks don't have the pieces to get it done. I'm looking at Michael Morse right now for right field, with Ichiro as 4th outfielder. Adam Laroche in Yankee Stadium would be beastly, but he's a 1B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Stanton is not getting traded. Even if he was, Yanks don't have the pieces to get it done. I'm looking at Michael Morse right now for right field, with Ichiro as 4th outfielder. Adam Laroche in Yankee Stadium would be beastly, but he's a 1B.
    What would you give up to get him from the Nat's for 1 more year on his contract?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    What would you give up to get him from the Nat's for 1 more year on his contract?
    Betances, Heathcott

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Everyone is for sale. Always.
    Problem is, we ain't got the money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Betances, Heathcott
    I'd prefer to keep heathcott if he can stay healthy.

And he will only be up for trade if they re-sign larouche. Which all points seem too be that they are going to re-sign him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    I'd prefer to keep heathcott if he can stay healthy.

And he will only be up for trade if they re-sign larouche. Which all points seem too be that they are going to re-sign him.
    They'll be stupid if they don't. They need a lefty power bat. Morse is much more expendable for them. Come on Cashman...

vCash
    I would trade any and all A ball prospects for Stanton.

Mason
    Sanchez
    Heathcott
    Turley
    Austin

All of em......lets be honest. Maybe ONE of those even makes our team anyway.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    good bye martin... dont let the door hit you where the good lord split you

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Word on the street - Greinke will set the table for Kershaw. If Greinke gets more than $161M (and from LALA) then Kershaw could test free agency to find out what he's worth.

Kershaw is a free agent after 2014? then he may become a Yankee! Would anyone agree to pay Kershaw 10/250, I would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy D0g View Post
    Word on the street - Greinke will set the table for Kershaw. If Greinke gets more than $161M (and from LALA) then Kershaw could test free agency to find out what he's worth.

Kershaw is a free agent after 2014? then he may become a Yankee! Would anyone agree to pay Kershaw 10/250, I would.
    no I hate any contract over 5 years.. and 10 years for a pitcher makes me want to jump off a building

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast