Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Greinke bests CC in FIP the last few seasons. I do think Greinke is a stud.

WAR has them identical over the last 4 seasons.
    3.54 career FIP for CC

3.48 career FIP for Grenike.

But then again, I'm not huge into those kind of stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    3.54 career FIP for CC

3.48 career FIP for Grenike.

But then again, I'm not huge into those kind of stats.
    My point is simply that most advanced stats point to Greinke being equal to CC. So to think he doesn't deserve a similar contract seems unfair. Greinke is a stud. And I think people simply judge him based on the anxiety thing and his W/L. Then again, it's hard to win games when pitching for the Royals.

vCash
    Looking at statics, CC is more of a ground ball pitcher.

Greinke is more of a fly ball pitcher. Which as we know, doesn't bode well in yankees stadium. Just ask Phil Hughes.

vCash
    My point is simply that most advanced stats point to Greinke being equal to CC. So to think he doesn't deserve a similar contract seems unfair. Greinke is a stud. And I think people simply judge him based on the anxiety thing and his W/L. Then again, it's hard to win games when pitching for the Royals.
    I never said he didn't deserve similar. They are saying he is going to get 20-40 million more then CC and I just don't think he's worth it that much more.

I never mentioned anything about his clinical depression/anxiety that he was diagnosed with affecting his ability to pitch, or what he is worth. That's just silly.

vCash
    Looking at statics, CC is more of a ground ball pitcher.

Greinke is more of a fly ball pitcher. Which as we know, doesn't bode well in yankees stadium. Just ask Phil Hughes.
    Or Soriano.....

vCash
    Greinke bests CC in FIP the last few seasons. I do think Greinke is a stud.

WAR has them identical over the last 4 seasons.
    The are certainly pretty equal over the past few years. Greinke doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    The are certainly pretty equal over the past few years. Greinke doesn't get the recognition he deserves.
    I'm not saying he's not worth CC money. I'm saying he's not worth more.

vCash
    Looks like dodgers are going to offer Greinke a 7 year 140/150 mil dollar contract.

Making him the highest paid RIGHT HANDED pitcher in the MLB.

Second Highest paid pitcher only behind CC Sabathia.

So I highly doubt that he doesn't get the recognition he deserves with a contract like that.

vCash
    Looks like dodgers are going to offer Greinke a 7 year 140/150 mil dollar contract.

Making him the highest paid RIGHT HANDED pitcher in the MLB.

Second Highest paid pitcher only behind CC Sabathia.

So I highly doubt that he doesn't get the recognition he deserves with a contract like that.
    The Dodgers are the old Yankees of the West....The Old? Those Yankees are finished as they now concentrate on bargain basement prices attached to a 1 year rental...

I am beginning to wonder if Hal just lets Cano walk away....why not extend him now? The Mets are extending Wright and the Rays extended Longo and other teams extended their best young talent yet Hal just sits there and does nothing but watch his price inflate from month to month.....if he is afraid of Boras then trade him now!

Love him or hate the fans will miss George's generosity to the best available talent.
    Our big signings will be to bring back retreads and leftovers to help avoid the $189 million cliff....

Now I do not dislike the retreads and leftovers just not the Yankees way of the past....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-28-2012 at 07:50 AM.
    Nick

vCash
    all that money will eventually slap the dodgers in the face and they will be stuck getting the 1 year old guys

vCash
    Greinke stinks. Next big game he wins will be his first.

Boring too.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

vCash
    [QUOTE]The Pirates appear to be making a serious attempt to sign free agent catcher Russell Martin, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports. Though the Rangers and Mariners are also suitors for Martin, he will likely choose between the Yankees and Pirates. The decision could occur before next week’s Winter Meetings, as Martin is expected to choose within several days.

The Pirates might out-bid the Yankees for Martin, Heyman reports. Pittsburgh could offer $25MM over three years, but the Yankees don’t appear to be in that range. It appears that the Yankees are offering a two-year deal, though if they sweeten their offer in terms of years or salary, that could be enough to bring Martin back to New York.

Andrew Marchand reported yesterday that Martin seeks a four-year deal worth $9-10MM per season.[QUOTE]

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#zA78L9isAGxxUQfl.99 [

Why the hell would Martin choose Pirates over Yankees anyway? I honestly don't care where he goes. I think I rather have Romine. New face in the lineup, great defensively....lets do it.

vCash
    Broxton signs a 3 yr deal worth $21 million with the Reds to setup Chapman....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Broxton signs a 3 yr deal worth $21 million with the Reds to setup Chapman....
    No, he signed 3 yr deal worth $21 million with reds to be their new closer. Chapman will be in the starting rotation next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan16 View Post
    No, he signed 3 yr deal worth $21 million with reds to be their new closer. Chapman will be in the starting rotation next season.
    Correct.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast