Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1005
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Really looks like Hamilton will only be getting 4 years. Sucks the Yanks can't get in on that.
    He will get 7 years.....

3/25 is just a starting point that got leaked....somebody will blow that offer away.....

Heck, Angel Pagan got 4/40, Angel Pagan!

Sherman was right.....that place is not Nashville but Cashville.......
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    All this shows is that their profit margins are absurd, this whole threshold thing is ludicrous and selfish. They're making 191 million freaking dollars in profit and we have to hear about austerity? Absolute non-sense. They should be offering 4 year deals to greinke and Hamilton that are front loaded, but they won't
    It also shows that there revenue stream isn't anywhere close to the 1 billion being proclaimed. It's 2012, we all have the google. It took under 30 seconds to actually see what NY's revenue was. There's no reason for posters to simply make up facts or use hyperbole to support their case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    It also shows that there revenue stream isn't anywhere close to the 1 billion being proclaimed. It's 2012, we all have the google. It took under 30 seconds to actually see what NY's revenue was. There's no reason for posters to simply make up facts or use hyperbole to support their case.
    Lol.

Who said billion dollars anyway? I think it's in the $800-900M range, which is still a **** ton.

vCash
    Wish the Boss was still alive and well. We'd have Hamilton right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    He will get 7 years.....

3/25 is just a starting point that got leaked....somebody will blow that offer away.....

Heck, Angel Pagan got 4/40, Angel Pagan!

Sherman was right.....that place is not Nashville but Cashville.......
    He won't get 7 years.

Teams seem set on 4 years with him right now. I think eventually a team will offer 5 years but I can't see more than that.

vCash
    All this shows is that their profit margins are absurd, this whole threshold thing is ludicrous and selfish. They're making 191 million freaking dollars in profit and we have to hear about austerity? Absolute non-sense. They should be offering 4 year deals to greinke and Hamilton that are front loaded, but they won't
    It doesn't matter if they are front loaded. It is the AAV that is what is used to determine the payroll.

Just because a-rod's salary decreases every year til the end of his contract, his AAV is still 27.5 million dollars per year. Even if he's making 21 million that year.

vCash
    Yankee Global Enterprises is a three-engine money-making machine. The baseball team generated $325 million in revenue from regular-season tickets and luxury suites in 2010. The YES Network, the team's 34%-owned regional sports channel, is the most profitable RSN in the country and had over $400 million in revenue last year. The Yankees own a stake in Legends Hospitality Management, which manages stadiums, and generates $25 million in operating income.

Also, what's not included is the rise in value of the franchise, which is over $100 million per year.

So, yeah, the Yanks are rolling in actual and on paper loot.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    It doesn't matter if they are front loaded. It is the AAV that is what is used to determine the payroll.

Just because a-rod's salary decreases every year til the end of his contract, his AAV is still 27.5 million dollars per year. Even if he's making 21 million that year.
    Correct

vCash
    The Mariners "are making a serious run" at Josh Hamilton

The Mariners have discussed three-year deals with Hamilton in range of $20MM to $25MM per season, a source tells Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports -MLBTR
    Here is a look at Josh Hamilton's Prime 9 Moments: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...tcid=tw_video_

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    The Mariners "are making a serious run" at Josh Hamilton

Here is a look at Josh Hamilton's Prime 9 Moments: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...tcid=tw_video_
    dear god

vCash
    I'm not referring to a past poster, I'm referring to this insulting austerity program.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    I'm not referring to a past poster, I'm referring to this insulting austerity program.
    I understand. I was simply pointing out my post was to demonstrate that NY does not have a billion dollar revenue stream. If you don't like the austerity, there's arguments to be made. Posters don't need to fabricate facts. They could use the actual facts. So really, none of this was directed at you.

vCash
    I understand. I was simply pointing out my post was to demonstrate that NY does not have a billion dollar revenue stream. If you don't like the austerity, there's arguments to be made. Posters don't need to fabricate facts. They could use the actual facts. So really, none of this was directed at you.
    Understood
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    How u guys don't love Cashman is beyond me.......the guy is fkn hilarious!

He just said 'this free agent class is pitiful. "

I mean, who says that? It's great......and he's right.

Said the three best deals of the entire winter are Kuroda, Andy and Mo on one year deals.

On Keppinger " I ain't giving that guy three years."

I can't think of one really good deal made so far out there.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Made a new thread. This one will be locked soon.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667