Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Pretty sure it's a sports forum and I'm entitled too my opinion. You don't like it, put me on ignore. Or ignore my post. Cano is lazy. Anyone who watches him jog down to first knows it.

Oh and I'm not the only person who think's cano is lazy. I go to ruffly 40 games a year and almost everyone I talk to at the stadium agree's. Oh and there are plenty of posters on here who call cano lazy.

As far as money, he signed boras as his agent, which means he wants the biggest pay day possible..hence my opinion of him only caring about money.

Is his the best second baseball in baseball, sure he is. But I still think he could hustle more. A lot more. If he put the effort that guys like Jeter do, he would have a higher BA/OBP.

Maybe lazy is the wrong word. But his lack of hustling is disgusting.
    You have the right to an opinion, it doesn't make that opinion anymore credible.

My response was regarding you saying that Cano doesn't care about winning and only cares about money.

You don't know his priorities, you don't know what he's thinking, you don't know why he plays, you don't know him.

You're right. Lazy was the wrong word. A non top prospect that eventually becomes an MVP-caliber player can never be 'lazy'. You need a serious work ethic to become an impact player that Cano is.

I'm not opposed to trading Cano. Just not for the reasons you provided.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    I would trade Cano only if:

- I know I will not spend 8 yr 20 mil on him and he will not sign a team friendly contract.
    - I can package him with a scrub (i.e. Arod)
    - I cant trade Grandy for anything worth while and if Grandy would be easier to resign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Don't we still have Brandon Laird in our system? Why not use him at 3rd?
    he plays for houston now

vCash
    I realize re-signing Swisher is probably not gonna happen. But hypothetically speaking, why couldn't the Yanks sign him and backload his contract AFTER 2014? Or just simply reduce his 2014 salary and up the other 3 years? They could pay him a lower annual salary for '13 and '14 and compensate in '15 and '16 if they did a 4 year contract. The Yanks would be getting a decent back-up first basemen, a right fielder and solid regular season numbers helping them GET to the post season. They can up payroll after 2014 if I'm not mistaken... Tex's health might be an issue and Swish did a pretty good job at first. Chavez's health is always a concern and they still need to sign either him or Youk - who I'd LOVE to see in pinstripes. Even those of you who don't want him back - I'm just more wondering about the issue of why can't they sign players to multiple year contracts and reduce the salary for 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lambertvs View Post
    I realize re-signing Swisher is probably not gonna happen. But hypothetically speaking, why couldn't the Yanks sign him and backload his contract AFTER 2014? Or just simply reduce his 2014 salary and up the other 3 years? They could pay him a lower annual salary for '13 and '14 and compensate in '15 and '16 if they did a 4 year contract. The Yanks would be getting a decent back-up first basemen, a right fielder and solid regular season numbers helping them GET to the post season. They can up payroll after 2014 if I'm not mistaken... Tex's health might be an issue and Swish did a pretty good job at first. Chavez's health is always a concern and they still need to sign either him or Youk - who I'd LOVE to see in pinstripes. Even those of you who don't want him back - I'm just more wondering about the issue of why can't they sign players to multiple year contracts and reduce the salary for 2014.
    Doesn't matter how the contract is composed, it's the AAV that counts toward the $189 mil budget.
    Last edited by yankeemule4life; 12-05-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: misspelling

It starts...02/25/09

vCash
    Justin Upton getting traded

Oh well. We have nothing to offer.

vCash
    If McCarthy only wants a 2-year deal, Yankees should just go for it. 2 years at $16-$20M ain't bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse:24591467
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Don't we still have Brandon Laird in our system? Why not use him at 3rd?
    he plays for houston now
    What about Brandon Inge? Basically the same player...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    If McCarthy only wants a 2-year deal, Yankees should just go for it. 2 years at $16-$20M ain't bad.
    Hal is not giving 2 year deals, case closed! It looks to be a few rough years until the big contracts expire.......And Cano is not getting a long term deal! 4 years would be max and Boras will say no way!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-05-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    Nick

vCash
    Looking forward to the next 2 years of mediocrity. Stewart/Romine/Cervelli platoon is awesome!!

vCash
    I'm angry.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'm angry.
    I'm holding on to the hope that Hamilton will be on this team on opening day. I'm in for a huge disappointment.

vCash
    Eric Chavez to the DBacks

vCash
    I'm getting angrier.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash

The Boss

I've been a Yankee fan for over 20 years and knowing George the way we did he would be ashamed of how the Yanks are handling the team and budget..

Budget?? Really come the **** on!! George would slap his boys upside the head..

I'm so disgusted with this team.. All I hear is budget budget budget.. ****ing bs man

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast