Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    i don't know if you guys have seen this
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-contract.html

so apparently if he retires early the yanks can recoup anywhere from 70%-100% of his remaining 114 million dollar contract if doctors list him as unable to physically play baseball anymore, so for them the best case scenario is this surgery goes awry and they get off the hook.
    He is not retiring...anyway the contract is fully insured so they are covered....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    But i dont believe CG will not be resigned. You just want draft picks instead? Shouldnt they get more than that?
    Yeah, if they could get a good return I would trade him. I am against trading him for the sake of it for "whatever we could get" just to clear payroll.

vCash
    Rays get Yunel Escobar. He's a talented guy and it wouldn't surprise me if he has a good year for them (everyone else usually does).
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Rays get Yunel Escobar. He's a talented guy and it wouldn't surprise me if he has a good year for them (everyone else usually does).
    Wouldn't surprise me. Its like when pitchers go to St Louis. They may have sucked but once Dave Duncan gets a hold of them they are lights out.

vCash
    Ryan Ludwick would have been a nice pickup. 7idh million a year for two seasons. Hit .275 with 26 homers last year and plays OF.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateGM View Post
    Sorry to bug you guys again (this will be the last time for a while), but how likely would it be that the Yankees look to trade Cano this offseason, given the way he ended the year last year and his impending free agency next year? Would this be close Cano for Howie Kendrick/Kaleb Cowart (Angels #1 prospect - 3B to replace ARod)?

I'm real sick and tired of see all the trade Cano stuff. He is the best player on the team and the Yankees aren't in the position to be sending off their best player with the other guys getting older. Cano is hands down the best 2nd basemen in the league so why would you want to trade someone who is a top 5 position player for that bust of a deal that you came up with when you can just as easily cut the payroll that you are looking for by trading granderson for an OF and a young pitcher like to the Mariners for Hultzen and Nick Franklin or to the Phillies for Cliff Lee and Domonic Brown or the Rangers for Mike Olt and Martin Perez there are plenty of other options on that team to be traded to upgrade the farm and the big league club so can we just quit with the Cano trade talk?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles8522 View Post
    I'm real sick and tired of see all the trade Cano stuff. He is the best player on the team and the Yankees aren't in the position to be sending off their best player with the other guys getting older. Cano is hands down the best 2nd basemen in the league so why would you want to trade someone who is a top 5 position player for that bust of a deal that you came up with when you can just as easily cut the payroll that you are looking for by trading granderson for an OF and a young pitcher like to the Mariners for Hultzen and Nick Franklin or to the Phillies for Cliff Lee and Domonic Brown or the Rangers for Mike Olt and Martin Perez there are plenty of other options on that team to be traded to upgrade the farm and the big league club so can we just quit with the Cano trade talk?
    Can we start the, umm...Using a "." talk?

Because that was the most confusing post to read.

Why trade cano?

1. He's lazy
    2. He doesn't care about winning he cares about $$$$
    3. He is going to cost a lot of money to resign, and for a lot of years. He is going to be 31 when he hits FA. Signing him to an 8-10 year deal, he will end up being another A-rod. Middle infielders usually break down around 34.

4. So if you can get a nice haul in return, then you make the trade.

We have a very good 2B in the minors named Adams. Look him up. He may not be cano, but he is good enough and will cost 500,000 dollars. Not 20 plus million.

The yankees need to get away from these long expensive contracts, they are the reason the yankees are in the position they are in now.

vCash
    Wait, did I miss the whole "Cano doesn't care about winning, only about money" discussion or is this just a known fact everyone is rolling with?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Wait, did I miss the whole "Cano doesn't care about winning, only about money" discussion or is this just a known fact everyone is rolling with?
    Your going to tell me cano actually gives a **** who he plays for?

Also, Do you watch him run to first?

Watch Jeter run to first..then Watch Cano and tell me who cares more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Your going to tell me cano actually gives a **** who he plays for?

Also, Do you watch him run to first?

Watch Jeter run to first..then Watch Cano and tell me who cares more.
    Unless you know Cano personally or have sources close to Cano, your opinion regarding how Cano feels or thinks means absolutely nothing.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Unless you know Cano personally or have sources close to Cano, your opinion regarding how Cano feels or thinks means absolutely nothing.
    Pretty sure it's a sports forum and I'm entitled too my opinion. You don't like it, put me on ignore. Or ignore my post. Cano is lazy. Anyone who watches him jog down to first knows it.

Oh and I'm not the only person who think's cano is lazy. I go to ruffly 40 games a year and almost everyone I talk to at the stadium agree's. Oh and there are plenty of posters on here who call cano lazy.

As far as money, he signed boras as his agent, which means he wants the biggest pay day possible..hence my opinion of him only caring about money.

Is his the best second baseball in baseball, sure he is. But I still think he could hustle more. A lot more. If he put the effort that guys like Jeter do, he would have a higher BA/OBP.

Maybe lazy is the wrong word. But his lack of hustling is disgusting.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 12-05-2012 at 04:07 AM.

vCash
    I agree, but not sure if Hal agrees....he does not like players raking in these big long term deals so expect him to be shopped around if the 2013 season goes bad....Boras will no doubt get him $200 million, probably the Dodgers and if that is case then let him go....

The Yankees need to start developing position players.....who is our best 2nd basemen prospect right now and what is his ceiling? And who is available in the free agent market next winter fr 2nd basemen?
    Nick

vCash

Why trade cano?

1. He's lazy
    3. He is going to cost a lot of money to resign, and for a lot of years. He is going to be 31 when he hits FA. Signing him to an 8-10 year deal, he will end up being another A-rod. Middle infielders usually break down around 34.

We have a very good 2B in the minors named Adams. Look him up. He may not be cano, but he is good enough and will cost 500,000 dollars. Not 20 plus million.

The yankees need to get away from these long expensive contracts, they are the reason the yankees are in the position they are in now.

I agree 100%!!!!!

Trade him!
    Nick

vCash

Why trade cano?

1. He's lazy

So basically what you are trying to get at is get under this 189 mark (which they are going to do) but in the process you want to get this huge haul of prospects who might not even pan out? so you wanna trade a top 5 position player for a number of prospects who maybe 1 out of 3 will pan out and be successful in the majors when you have perfectly good trade pieces in granderson gardner tex and the minors to work out deals for the holes that the yankees are trying to fill so being as you dont want cano back do you want granderson back who is also has boras as his agent who will get a 4 to 5 year deal worth close to 120 mil? no id rather save my money and use it for Cano.

vCash
    So basically what you are trying to get at is get under this 189 mark (which they are going to do) but in the process you want to get this huge haul of prospects who might not even pan out? so you wanna trade a top 5 position player for a number of prospects who maybe 1 out of 3 will pan out and be successful in the majors when you have perfectly good trade pieces in granderson gardner tex and the minors to work out deals for the holes that the yankees are trying to fill so being as you dont want cano back do you want granderson back who is also has boras as his agent who will get a 4 to 5 year deal worth close to 120 mil? no id rather save my money and use it for Cano.
    I'd rather trade both granderson and cano.

Adams can step up and take over 2nd base.

These are rebuilding years regardless if the yankees fan base wants to get with it or not. Yankees should try and trade cano, maybe package him.

Cano is not going to be with the 8-10 years and 160+ million dollars he's going to command. He's on the wrong side of 30. Middle infielders generally decline in the 33-35 range so basically what your saying is you want to sign cano to a arod contract and hope he doesn't break down in 4 years while paying him 20 million a year. That's not the best idea. We can get major league ready players especially if he's packaged with some prospects.

Tex can not be traded as he has something called a full no trade clause.

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast