Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I will go into a mini depression once Josh comes off the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MightySephiroth View Post
    A-Rod is considering retirement. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/networ...ticleid=750721

Dont know if its legit or not

i wouldn't be surprised if this were to happen. don't know if anyone else plays baseball still but you are really killed mentally when you can't perform like you used to after a injury

vCash
    Don't we have any 3b in the system? I thought Tyler Austin and Bichette?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    They switched Austin to the outfield, I don't know if there are any plans to switch him back. Bichette is a 3B, but he had a pretty disappointing season, and I don't see him being called up for quite some time.

vCash
    Mariners want Granderson...

Granderson, Nunez
    for
    Montero?

I wish. I'd cry with joy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post

Granderson, Nunez
    for
    Montero?

Well, you can bank on whoever we'd get to lose an arm...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post

Granderson, Nunez
    for
    Montero?

I'll cry too. A 21 year old DH. Great.

vCash
    Yanks and Pierzynski discussing deal per Chicago Tribune

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Yanks and Pierzynski discussing deal per Chicago Tribune
    Better be one year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    They moved Austin to RF, but if A-Rod somehow retires (EXTREMELY unlikely, but hypothetically), I bet they'd move him back for a trial run. From what I remember, he was a defensive liability there and has the chance to be a decent fielding outfielder, but I still think it would at least be worth a try.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash

This front office regime is terrible

Honestly, I just listened to Buster Olney on ESPNNY1050 and all I heard was chatter that the Yankees were going to do small 'Eric Chavez', type moves and their goal is to keep under $189 million. He also said they wouldn't be opposed to trading Granderson so they could sign a few small contracts of $3 or $4 million.

Then couple that with the fact he said the Yankees might have to make the tough choice not to sign Pettitte or Rivera next year since they want to get to $189 million, it's ridiculous.

This is the Yankees. As in George Steinbrenner's free spenders. They just were AWFUL last year in the playoffs and there is no urgency to do anything.

It seems like this offseason will be letting Martin & Swisher walk, re-signing Pettitte, Kuroda & Rivera while signing a bunch of Raul Ibanez type players.

Pathetic and a disappointment that this is a re-do of last offseason. No major trades or signings to get a young star like Justin Upton in here.

It feels like the Yankees won't be players in free agency for at least three-five years, so we're in for a long, boring haul of the same declining players for the time being.

The Yankees better be prepared for an even bigger drop in attendance now, because fans aren't going to appreciate this crap of a product they are putting out there.
    Last edited by NYSpirit1; 12-04-2012 at 05:58 PM.

vCash
    I don't understand the hate for AJ. I mean, obviously he's a gigantic tool, clubhouse cancer, etc., but he's the best catcher on the market by far, and I think he's a big upgrade over Martin.

Anyways, here's my offseason wish-list, realistically.

Catcher: Ideally, either Carlos Santana via a trade, or a platoon of Shoppach/Jaso. Would also be happy with AJ or Ryan Hanigan.

Utility infielders: Asdrubal Cabrera OR one of Yunel Escobar, Stephen Drew, Kevin Youkillis, or Jeff Keppinger. Ideally, Nunez would learn how to play defense, and could step into that role, but I definitely think that Escobar is a GREAT fit. Very cheap contract, can play short or third (or second IIRC) with a good bat and decent defense. Will be cheaper than the other two, has two club options, and would make Nunez expendable.

No way Cabrera comes here unless A-Rod somehow retires or something, because he's the kind of player who needs to play everyday. Although I suppose we could shuttle him around the infield and do a true DH rotation. Like, have A-Rod DH for two games, then Jeter for two games, then Cano for one game. VERY unlikely, and overpriced, but at a good price, he'd be great.

Outfield: Shin-Soo Choo, Drew Stubbs, Logan Morrison, Ichiro
    Choo is obviously the best fit and could be acquired without killing the system. LoMo isn't as great of a fit, and is terrible on defense, but would be a nice young piece to build around, and if Stubbs can fix the strikeouts, he'd add a nice combination of decent power, elite speed, and elite defense for a very low price. This is a bit of a pipe dream, but if we traded Granderson, then got Choo and Stubbs, and re-sign Ichiro, we could have a left field platoon of Stubbs and Ichiro, Gardner in center, and Choo in right. That would be pretty great.

Misc. players: Mark Reynolds (nice 3rd baseman, would be an upgrade over A-Rod/would let A-Rod DH), Ricky Nolasco (makes it easier to trade Hughes or Nova), Bronson Arroyo (expensive for the Reds, coming off of a good season, one year left on his deal), and some scrap heap pitchers.

The sad thing is, I don't think we'll really make much of a splash this offseason. I think we all want a trade for Stanton or Upton, but that's not going to happen. Asdrubal Cabrera probably isn't happening, either. But I really hope that we're not just giving up on championship aspirations for the sake of getting under the luxury tax.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    David Adams would be the first internal option for 3B if A-Rod retires. He was moved to 3B from 2B late last year and held his own. He also played well there both offensively and defensively in the Arizona Fall League.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    I don't understand the hate for AJ. I mean, obviously he's a gigantic tool, clubhouse cancer, etc., but he's the best catcher on the market by far, and I think he's a big upgrade over Martin.

Anyways, here's my offseason wish-list, realistically.

Catcher: Ideally, either Carlos Santana via a trade, or a platoon of Shoppach/Jaso. Would also be happy with AJ or Ryan Hanigan.

Utility infielders: Asdrubal Cabrera OR one of Yunel Escobar, Stephen Drew, Kevin Youkillis, or Jeff Keppinger. Ideally, Nunez would learn how to play defense, and could step into that role, but I definitely think that Escobar is a GREAT fit. Very cheap contract, can play short or third (or second IIRC) with a good bat and decent defense. Will be cheaper than the other two, has two club options, and would make Nunez expendable.

No way Cabrera comes here unless A-Rod somehow retires or something, because he's the kind of player who needs to play everyday. Although I suppose we could shuttle him around the infield and do a true DH rotation. Like, have A-Rod DH for two games, then Jeter for two games, then Cano for one game. VERY unlikely, and overpriced, but at a good price, he'd be great.

Outfield: Shin-Soo Choo, Drew Stubbs, Logan Morrison, Ichiro
    Choo is obviously the best fit and could be acquired without killing the system. LoMo isn't as great of a fit, and is terrible on defense, but would be a nice young piece to build around, and if Stubbs can fix the strikeouts, he'd add a nice combination of decent power, elite speed, and elite defense for a very low price. This is a bit of a pipe dream, but if we traded Granderson, then got Choo and Stubbs, and re-sign Ichiro, we could have a left field platoon of Stubbs and Ichiro, Gardner in center, and Choo in right. That would be pretty great.

Misc. players: Mark Reynolds (nice 3rd baseman, would be an upgrade over A-Rod/would let A-Rod DH), Ricky Nolasco (makes it easier to trade Hughes or Nova), Bronson Arroyo (expensive for the Reds, coming off of a good season, one year left on his deal), and some scrap heap pitchers.

The sad thing is, I don't think we'll really make much of a splash this offseason. I think we all want a trade for Stanton or Upton, but that's not going to happen. Asdrubal Cabrera probably isn't happening, either. But I really hope that we're not just giving up on championship aspirations for the sake of getting under the luxury tax.
    Not sure where your getting that from? He's a cancer to the opposition and thats what I love about him. He's got a lot of fire, Isn't afraid of confrontations and thats what this club needs. Intensity.

vCash
    Don't we still have Brandon Laird in our system? Why not use him at 3rd?

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast