Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHughesUnit View Post
    Crazy trade idea, but hear me out... first let me say I know this won't ever happen but meh...

Cano, Nova(or Hughes), Nunez, and Logan for Morse, Desmond, Ramos, and Rendon?

Why I think the Nationals would do this: Cano would be a huge plus for that lineup... Span, Harper, Cano, Zimmerman, Werth, Suzuki, Nunez, and add in LaRoche or another 1B into that mix, heck of a lineup. They're in the market for a SP too, so Hughes or Nova would be a nice fit behind Strasburgh, Gio, and Zimmerman. I'm assuming they might want Nova over Hughes due to team control. I don't see any lefties in their bullpen either, Logan would be a nice power arm to add to their impressive pen with Storen, Clippard, Stammen, and Garcia. Then Nunez could see what he could do full time at SS. Danny Espinosa becomes a super UTL player.

Why I think the Yankees should do it: Plus Morse into RF for a year see what he can do. Ramos becomes the starting catcher until Sanchez is ready, then is expendable... he's obviously better than Stewart or Cervelli too. Yankees could still have a strong rotation with CC, Kuroda, Pettitte, Hughes/Nova, and Phelps or a free agent signing. They don't really need Logan, imo too. We've got some talented lefties. To me Desmond would be the prize in this deal though, but I really like him.

i would do the trade but don't think the Nationals would. Even though Cano is a superstar i would rather have Desmond,Ramos,Morse and Rendon

" Anyone who believes saber metrics never played the game. Only your eyes can tell you the truth. " Torii Hunter

"They both (statistics & bikinis) show a lot, but not everything." - Infielder Toby Harrah

vCash
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...R0oskgNWGRrRpJ

The Yankees and Alex Rodriguez are concerned the third baseman’s surgically repaired right hip is damaged.

According to a person with knowledge of the situation, Rodriguez recently visited Dr. Marc Phillippon in Colorado after experiencing tightness in the hip that Phillippon operated on in 2009.

“It’s an issue,’’ the person said. “A big issue.’’
    Uh oh...

Like normally, the Post was to be sensational and the article goes on to speculate that if A-Rod needs surgery on the hip, he would miss the beginning of the season etc...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    We need to stop sucking Swishers dick and move on with our lives. I do not want to see the same lineup for 3 straight years. We need change. RF is easiest way to do that. Furthermore, we hit too many home runs when we should be looking for players who have the ability to slap a base hit, steal bases, go from 1st to 3rd on a single...

You know, non-Swisher like player.

Oh wait, that means we can't re-sign Swisher.

Oh darn.

Now go make a trade Cashman.
    Apparently some Yankee fans like seeing repeat failure. Call me crazy but if its broke, fix it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...R0oskgNWGRrRpJ

Uh oh...

Like normally, the Post was to be sensational and the article goes on to speculate that if A-Rod needs surgery on the hip, he would miss the beginning of the season etc...
    Not to be a dick, love arod, but I'd be stoked if this was a career ender, even season ending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Not to be a dick, love arod, but I'd be stoked if this was a career ender, even season ending.
    Not really.....we still have to pay him and carry that cap number.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Not really.....we still have to pay him and carry that cap number.
    Damn Damn! Well maybe by some miracle Arod will realize he no longer is helping this team, only hurting it and retire, but that would be stupid on his part. **** we are stuck with him.

vCash
    Yep. He will eventually be unable to play and the yanks will buy him out to go away or do a bobby Bonilla deal for 40 years.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Arod will have surgery and miss part of the season according to multiple reports. Jeff Keppinger anyone?

vCash
    Arod will have surgery and miss part of the season according to multiple reports. Jeff Keppinger anyone?
    Mark Reynolds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Mark Reynolds?
    Why not?

vCash
    All I keep reading that the Yanks will probably pursue Stephen Drew.
    This under the $189 is going to kill us.
    Next thing they will say Nunez will be there everyday 3rd basemen. Ugh!!!

vCash
    Don't get me wrong, I am all for lower payroll.
    Just don't see how we will improve are need without spending.
    We don't have anybody in the minor leagues to step it up and I'm not convinced that Nunez could do the job. He might hit ok but on the field I can't watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    All I keep reading that the Yanks will probably pursue Stephen Drew.
    This under the $189 is going to kill us.
    Next thing they will say Nunez will be there everyday 3rd basemen. Ugh!!!
    I dont think Drew has even played a game at 3b. I would like the addition of him though, especially with Jeter needing days off or dh.

As for 3b, your guess is as good as anyones at this point. Cashman has his work cutout for him.

vCash
    I dont think Drew has even played a game at 3b. I would like the addition of him though, especially with Jeter needing days off or dh.

As for 3b, your guess is as good as anyones at this point. Cashman has his work cutout for him.
    True I also would like Jeff Keppinger. He has played ss and 3rd base as well I believe.

vCash

Luis Valbuena is servicable.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast