Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    2 things..

1. I dislike Martin and want him gone. I am tired of hearing about him. Let's move past it..

2. Man I hope we deal Cano in some shocking move.
    Yankees wouldn't deal cano..

They don't do what other teams do, they dont extend their good players when they are younger. And let them walk in their decline years. That's not the yankees way.

The yankees way is to sign guys who are already stars, to huge contracts and pay them through the *** for a few declining years also.

See- A-rod.
    See- Teix

vCash
    yeah I know.. but can't we learn from past mistakes??

Say No to 10 year Cano

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    2014:

CC
    Nova
    Phelps
    Pineda
    Vet

Joba
    Drob
    Montgomery
    Vets

Gardner
    Jeter
    Tex
    Cano
    Arod
    Nunez
    Vet
    Romine
    Tyler Austin/Mason Williams/ Slade (whoever takes the lead)

What's the problem?
    Besides that probably being the worst rotation in baseball and the lineup basically only having one guaranteed good hitter I don't see any problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Yankees wouldn't deal cano..

They don't do what other teams do, they dont extend their good players when they are younger. And let them walk in their decline years. That's not the yankees way.

The yankees way is to sign guys who are already stars, to huge contracts and pay them through the *** for a few declining years also.

See- A-rod.
    See- Teix
    They should have tried to work out an extension with Cano a year or two ago. Its a great plan by the Yankees - do nothing to save money at all, stick to arbitrary no extension rules and then pigeon hole themselves into a strict budget. Its great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    They should have tried to work out an extension with Cano a year or two ago. Its a great plan by the Yankees - do nothing to save money at all, stick to arbitrary no extension rules and then pigeon hole themselves into a strict budget. Its great.
    Totally! It's brilliant.

Just like bidding against themselves with A-rod.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Besides that probably being the worst rotation in baseball and the lineup basically only having one guaranteed good hitter I don't see any problems.
    pretty much. no organization in baseball has that kind of young player turnout but i'm sure the yankees can pull it off, especially given their track record.

vCash
    Ermagherd!

Erm Drerk!

vCash
    Pirates are making a strong push for Martin apparently they offered him about 3/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    Pirates are making a strong push for Martin apparently they offered him about 3/22
    They can have him...

vCash
    Those are just a few.
    Williams played in high A last ye before he got hurt. Its a legit possibility that 2 of Williams, Heathcott, Flores or Austin are ready by 2014. We have Adams or Joesph that could play 2nd base. I would bet that between Romine, Murphy, and Sanchez one of them will be ready to at least be a back up and tack over the next yr.

The rotation is easy CC, Pineda, Nova, Phelps, Banuelous, Turley, Phelps Rameriez, Warren, Marshall, Tracy ect

The Bp you have D Rob who ever doesn't workout in the rotation and whatever else they can peice together.

It wouldn't be the best team but it would be cheap as hell and realistically could be done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    They can have him...
    Seriously... I'll take my chances with Pierzenski and let Stewart/Romine/Cervelli fight for the backup spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Williams played in high A last ye before he got hurt. Its a legit possibility that 2 of Williams, Heathcott, Flores or Austin are ready by 2014. We have Adams or Joesph that could play 2nd base. I would bet that between Romine, Murphy, and Sanchez one of them will be ready to at least be a back up and tack over the next yr.

The rotation is easy CC, Pineda, Nova, Phelps, Banuelous, Turley, Phelps Rameriez, Warren, Marshall, Tracy ect

The Bp you have D Rob who ever doesn't workout in the rotation and whatever else they can peice together.

It wouldn't be the best team but it would be cheap as hell and realistically could be done
    Murphy kind of sucks...

And it wont be a "piece together" year. It's Derek's last... they will figure out a way to compete and spend every last cent of that 189

I stick to my guns. Heathcott Williams Sanchez Warren for Stanton and Nolasco (1 year $11.5m dump) - None of those guys will be the player Stanton is, we'd be lucky if one of them pan out and even if all 3 pan out, none will be close to Stanton or have the impact he will in 2014.
    Last edited by DasBoot; 11-29-2012 at 02:19 AM.

vCash
    No. It's going to be really bad.

As of now next year.

No Left fielder/Right Fielder..Only Gardner

Only 3 Starters.- Sabathia/Nova/Phelps..Only 1 proven. and One half proven

Catcher? 2B? Closer?

Look at how it is this year when we only need a catcher and RF and no real budget restraint except one year deals

Hal said the Yanks need to bring up cheaper alternatives from the minors instead of just signing big free agents....the problem Hal doesn't understand is that the players are not quite ready yet.....just think of 1991-92 in 2014........they gotta see what is out there with regards of prospects but the W/L record will suffer....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    C, CP, RF, CF, 2B, 3B, 2 of 5 starting rotation spots..

Yikes

Lets fast forward to 2014!
    For 2014 they have just $74 million in guaranteed contracts and $122 million of the rest with options, arbitration,ect.....that will give them around $65 million to spend on the holes......
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Murphy kind of sucks...

And it wont be a "piece together" year. It's Derek's last... they will figure out a way to compete and spend every last cent of that 189

I stick to my guns. Heathcott Williams Sanchez Warren for Stanton and Nolasco (1 year $11.5m dump) - None of those guys will be the player Stanton is, we'd be lucky if one of them pan out and even if all 3 pan out, none will be close to Stanton or have the impact he will in 2014.
    So why are the Marlins trading Stanton then?

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast