Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Prepare to get mauled by all the Pro-Swisher fans we unfortunately have. To them, he's Mantle, Gehrig and Ruth all rolled into one, with a GREAT smile.
    Because people are really comparing him to Mantle, Gehrig or Ruth...

I'm not even a pro-Swisher guy. If he leaves I'm fine with it. I just don't think replacing our 2nd best hitter with Ichiro really makes this team better or even nearly as good.

Because of his ineptitude in the playoffs people here are severely underrating what he does in the regular season. Thats all the argument is to me. Completely fine with Swisher leaving but the downgrade from him to Ichiro is huge and one I don't think the team can deal with when there are already a couple other positions being downgraded offensively (most likely) just by virtue of age and decline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Prepare to get mauled by all the Pro-Swisher fans we unfortunately have. To them, he's Mantle, Gehrig and Ruth all rolled into one, with a GREAT smile.

I'm not even a pro-Swisher guy. If he leaves I'm fine with it. I just don't think replacing our 2nd best hitter with Ichiro really makes this team better or even nearly as good.

Because of his ineptitude in the playoffs people here are severely underrating what he does in the regular season. Thats all the argument is to me. Completely fine with Swisher leaving but the downgrade from him to Ichiro is huge and one I don't think the team can deal with when there are already a couple other positions being downgraded offensively (most likely) just by virtue of age and decline.
    Well said

vCash

Arguing about Swisher is like the blind leading the blind. Im done. He's 90% out the door. When he signs with Boston you can profess your Swisher love to those guys. Im sure you have tons of rebuttals for the naysayers over there.
    Last edited by JobaRules26; 11-26-2012 at 03:52 PM.

vCash
    Arguing about Swisher is like the blind leading the blind. Im done. He's 90% out the door. When he signs with Boston you can profess your Swisher love to those guys. Im sure you have tons of rebuttals for the naysayers over there.
    Hmm...you must not have read my post that you quoted that said I'm not pro-Swisher. And that I'm not even advocating that he should be brought back.

I think your Swisher hatred is blinding your ability to read...

vCash
    Hmm...you must not have read my post that you quoted that said I'm not pro-Swisher. And that I'm not even advocating that he should be brought back.

I think your Swisher hatred is blinding your ability to read...
    I read your post and found it contradictive. Your not pro-Swisher but you sure have your reasons on him being brought back.

I'm not pro-Swisher. Im anti-Swisher. Meaning, I have zero desire to see him brought back. I honestly cannot think of ONE good reason on why he should be brought back. You seem on the mend.

vCash
    Swisher is the greatest Yankee ever. Without him, we probably go 70-92.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Didn't notice if already posted but Yanks and Martin hammering out a deal.

Yanks also signed Eli Whiteside today.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    I read your post and found it contradictive. Your not pro-Swisher but you sure have your reasons on him being brought back.

I'm not pro-Swisher. Im anti-Swisher. Meaning, I have zero desire to see him brought back. I honestly cannot think of ONE good reason on why he should be brought back. You seem on the mend.
    Yeah, I'm not all gung-ho about Swisher like some seem to think anyone who doesn't despise him is. But I do think he is the best OF out there besides Hamilton. So logically I think he could help this team. It doesn't really matter because I'm 99% sure he is gone.

But you honestly can't think of one good reason why the team should bring him back? The fact that that he is the second best hitter on this team seems like one really good reason to me.

vCash
    Yeah, I'm not all gung-ho about Swisher like some seem to think anyone who doesn't despise him is. But I do think he is the best OF out there besides Hamilton. So logically I think he could help this team. It doesn't really matter because I'm 99% sure he is gone.

But you honestly can't think of one good reason why the team should bring him back? The fact that that he is the second best hitter on this team seems like one really good reason to me.
    How is he the second best hitter on the team? Strictly stats? Then why does he bat 6th/7th if he's so good?

Take the contracts/injuries out of the equation and I'd take the following over swisher in a one on one trade:

Cano
    Jeter
    Arod
    Tex
    Itchy
    Grandy .262/.341 career and huge power vs Swisher .256/.361

Oh, and Swisher is awful in the field.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    I've been hearing 12M/yr for 4 years for swisher.
    I think he's worth that deal, that is how much we've been paying him.
    You can always trade him in the middle or after the season and get something useful for him.

I dont really like Swisher but at 12M/yr for 4 years or less, I'd bring him back just to trade him later and get something in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I've been hearing 12M/yr for 4 years for swisher.
    I think he's worth that deal, that is how much we've been paying him.
    You can always trade him in the middle or after the season and get something useful for him.

I dont really like Swisher but at 12M/yr for 4 years or less, I'd bring him back just to trade him later and get something in return.
    No.

vCash
    Last year I think he was the second best hitter on the team. Although case could be made for Jeter. Either way the 3 best hitters on the team were Cano, Jeter and Swisher.

Does where they bat really matter? ARod clearly isn't our best power hitter but he bats cleanup. He's bats there because he makes 27M a year.

I'd definitely take Cano over Swisher. And Jeter over Swisher is fine.

But even taking contracts and injuries out of the equation still leaves ARod and Tex on declines that have been going 3 years strong. They aren't even close to the hitters they were a couple years back.

Over the last three years all three have been very similar. I know you might not like stats at times but these are their lines over the last three years -

.274/.366/.478
    .252/.347/.484
    .272/.351/.468

Can you even guess who is who? The one big difference is that A-Rod and Tex keep getting worse every year.

And yeah, I'd take Swisher over Ichiro at this stage in Ichiro's career. Case could be made for Granderson but I think I'd still take Swisher over Granderson who is starting to become really one dimensional.

Look, people can make the argument of any one of those guys over Swisher if they just say that Swisher is atrocious in the postseason and I can't really argue with that. But getting to the postseason isn't as clear cut as it once was IMO. So looking over the whole year I can make the case for Swisher over any of those guys. Especially taking age and decline into account which I don't think you can ignore.

vCash
    All that said, Swisher is 99% gone so none of this matters.

vCash
    Lets just trade for Giancarlo, put him in RF and call it a day =)

vCash
    Lets just trade for Giancarlo, put him in RF and call it a day =)
    Even if the Yankees put together a deal the Marlins liked, there are a good amount of other teams that could easily top any deal we offer if they wanted to.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast