Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Yankees primary offseason concern be?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third basemen

4 26.67%
  • Catcher

4 26.67%
  • Right field

5 33.33%
  • Pitching

2 13.33%
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Don't underestimate a savvy veteran starter.....these kind can pitch into their late 30's with success.
    I can probably guarantee you that he won't be an 18M or 19M dollar starter with the Blue Jays which is what he will be paid in a year. That's an ugly contract. No one's underestimating him. He's just extremely overpaid.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    I have a feeling Cashman will trade for a RFer to replace Swisher...if that falls thru Ichiro will be the fall back......otherwise why make Ichiro wait?
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'd like to make sure this thread knows that Swisher stinks.

Carry on...
    I'll agree. Rad dude, but stinks at baseball. He will be missed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I have a feeling Cashman will trade for a RFer to replace Swisher...if that falls thru Ichiro will be the fall back......otherwise why make Ichiro wait?
    Who do you think he'll try and trade for? I'm not sure there is a great availability of strong RFers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Too bad he's the best RFer available.
    That doesn't mean that he is necessarily the best fit for the team. Forget his "all smiles" approach to the game (which was cute in 2009 and not in 2012) and that he has worn out his welcome. The organization should NOT tender him a long term contract, just because he is the best available this year. This year's crop stinks that doesn't mean next year might not have something better (Beltran, Cruz, Choo). And honestly we know what you get from Swisher (and it isn't bad), but we/he stunk in the post season. I would rather see a stop gap RF while our prospects develop or until next years FA crop.

Ichiro seems like the perfect fit here.

vCash
    I predict Martin, Pettitte, and Ichiro to be re-signed by the end of this week.

vCash
    Really wish the team had any option at C over Martin. C should be the one spot they could save some money and go cheap since the biggest reason they love Martin is defense.

Dude has actually hit in only 3 months out of the 2 years he's been here.

vCash
    [QUOTE=TrueYankee;24464124]I predict Martin, Pettitte, and Ichiro to be re-signed by the end of this week.[/QUOT

That is ok...Then trade Grandy move Gardy to CF and get a new LFer
    Nick

vCash
    I find it hilarious that the experts all say the Evan Longoria extension is beautiful for the Rays yet it goes until 2022....He will be 37..When the Yankees do this, Teix is an example, the same experts crucify Cashman and the Yanks and say it is too long...
    Nick

vCash
    Tex makes 135M over his last 6 years, Longoria makes 100M over his last 6. 35M is a pretty decent sized difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Tex makes 135M over his last 6 years, Longoria makes 100M over his last 6. 35M is a pretty decent sized difference.
    Without question. That was a great extension for the Rays.

vCash
    Yankees probably should have listened to those experts anyway considering one year into his contract Tex started declining and hasn't stopped since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    That doesn't mean that he is necessarily the best fit for the team. Forget his "all smiles" approach to the game (which was cute in 2009 and not in 2012) and that he has worn out his welcome. The organization should NOT tender him a long term contract, just because he is the best available this year. This year's crop stinks that doesn't mean next year might not have something better (Beltran, Cruz, Choo). And honestly we know what you get from Swisher (and it isn't bad), but we/he stunk in the post season. I would rather see a stop gap RF while our prospects develop or until next years FA crop.

Ichiro seems like the perfect fit here.
    Prepare to get mauled by all the Pro-Swisher fans we unfortunately have. To them, he's Mantle, Gehrig and Ruth all rolled into one, with a GREAT smile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Prepare to get mauled by all the Pro-Swisher fans we unfortunately have. To them, he's Mantle, Gehrig and Ruth all rolled into one, with a GREAT smile.
    I've been sticking up for Swisher for a long time, but it's time for him to go. He's not coming back here, it's obvious that the Yankee front office doesn't want him back, either because of his postseason blunders, or because of the 2014 plan, or both. Either way, arguing about it doesn't do anything. He's not coming back.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    I've been sticking up for Swisher for a long time, but it's time for him to go. He's not coming back here, it's obvious that the Yankee front office doesn't want him back, either because of his postseason blunders, or because of the 2014 plan, or both. Either way, arguing about it doesn't do anything. He's not coming back.
    Great post. I am tired of arguing about this. There is people who want him back and people who dont. I dont see anyone changing their opinions so its pointless.
    Last edited by JobaRules26; 11-26-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast