Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    2,078
    vCash
    1600
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I rather not cut Burelson. Hope he comes back next season and hope we can trade Young for a 4th rounder.
    they both can go
    GIFSoup

    The Old Kingwood313 is Back

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Just so you all know. KVB will be here next year no matter. Even if we cut him we will still have to pay him what he is owed. So if they have to pay him they might as well keep him on.
    KVB will have an 5.5 million dollar cap hit IF he remains on the roster after 3/4/13. If he is released prior to March 4th, the cap hit will be 2.7 million next season (money we have already paid him).

    He WILL be released or at leaset be forced to restructure.
    Last edited by mc18641; 11-27-2012 at 07:45 AM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by monstar12 View Post
    I hope you guys know Burleson isn't going anywhere.. He restructured so I believe his money is guaranteed so it would be dumb to cut him
    Burleson only restuctured his deal for 2012. His cap hit for 2013 is a straight 4.5 million with no signing bonus.

    I'm sure that he will be happy to resturcture again; plus I believe we will trade Titus Young so I think he will be back; but he still needs to restructure just like KVB.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    976
    vCash
    1500
    Here is my projected 53 man. Players in bold are new comers or didn't play this season.

    QB: Stafford, Hill, Moore
    RB: Best, LeShoure, Bell
    WR: Johnson, Broyles, Burleson, Thomas, Tavon Austin, Patrick Edwards
    T: Backus, Reiff, Cherilus, Fox
    G: Peterman, Sims, Bill Nagy
    TE: Pettigrew, Scheffler, Heller
    K: Hanson
    P: Harris
    C/LS: Raiola, Muhlbach

    DE: Young, Lo-Jack, Ronnell Lewis, KVB, William Gholston
    DT: Suh, Fairley, SLH, C. Williams
    LB: Tulloch, Durant, Levy, Whitehead, Travis Lewis, Bobby Carpenter
    CB: Houston, Rogers-Cromartie, Bentley, Greenwood, Desmond Trufant, Green, Florence
    S: Kenny Vaccaro, Delmas, Silva, Wendling, Spivey

    Head Coach: Jim Schwartz
    Offensive Coordinator: Norv Turner/ Mike Leach/Mike Martz
    Defensive Coordinator: Gunther Cunningham

    Draft: 1st Round: Kenny Vaccaro (S) Texas
    2nd Round: Tavon Austin (WR/KR) W. Virginia
    2nd Round: Desmond Trufant (CB) Washington
    3rd Round: William Gholston (DE) Michigan St.


    Trade: Titus Young, 5th, 6th, 7th round picks to San Diego for 2nd round pick
    Last edited by mc18641; 11-27-2012 at 09:05 AM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,469
    vCash
    1500
    man I hope your scenario doesn't pan out. There is no way Martz should be 3rd option at OC I would rather have Linehan stay here. Your DE's look like crap and Rogers Cromartie is going to be an expensive FA for not much production.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    man I hope your scenario doesn't pan out. There is no way Martz should be 3rd option at OC I would rather have Linehan stay here. Your DE's look like crap and Rogers Cromartie is going to be an expensive FA for not much production.
    I may be by myself on this one, but I am not sure why everyone hates on Mike Martz when he was in Detroit.

    When Martz was running our offense (Calvin Johnson's rookie year), we were two wins from being in the playoffs.

    The following season, when Martz left......we went 0-16!!!!

    Outside of Martz leaving, there was really no significant changes to the players on our roster. Ernie Sims was the only other change that I can think of that season.

    Mike Martz was the difference in the team while Marinelli was the HC. As soon as he left, we went down the tubes.

    Martz is better than Linehan......hands down!!
    Last edited by mc18641; 11-29-2012 at 08:25 AM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    man I hope your scenario doesn't pan out. There is no way Martz should be 3rd option at OC I would rather have Linehan stay here. Your DE's look like crap and Rogers Cromartie is going to be an expensive FA for not much production.
    How do the DE's look like crap? The only change was Avril leaving and Gholston in.

    If it looks like crap, then we must have crap on the roster now. There is no way Avril plays here next season so no sense in putting him in there.

    Also, with DRC, I don't see him getting that musch more than Houston in his next contract. He is a better CB than Houston but I would like to have both.

    I think if we pick up a CB in the 1st round, it will be a mistake. I like the 2nd round CB talent better.

    Milliner scares me. I don't think he is better that Dre Kilpartrick from last season and Kilpatrick has been a mediocre/injury prone player all season.

    If you give me a choice between Milliner and DRC, I am taking DRC.
    Last edited by mc18641; 11-29-2012 at 08:27 AM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    331
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    I may be by myself on this one, but I am not sure why everyone hates on Mike Martz when he was in Detroit.

    When Martz was running our offense (Calvin Johnson's rookie year), we were two wins from being in the playoffs.

    The following season, when Martz left......we went 0-16!!!!

    Outside of Martz leaving, there was really no significant changes to the players on our roster. Ernie Sims was the only other change that I can think of that season.

    Mike Martz was the difference in the team while Marinelli was the HC. As soon as he left, we went down the tubes.

    Martz is better than Linehan......hands down!!
    That year we also had 5 starting QB's, this is also the year that we went from, in 07' have a WR core of Roy Williams, Mike Furrey (coming off a year where the tandom led league in receptions), Calvin Johnson, and Shaun McDonald to CJ, Standeford, Jennings not Greg, Hannon, Kolbert...replaced Kevin Jones/Duckett/Cason/Bell with Smith(IR), Felton, Rudi J, Cason...that's not to mention the off season trade of Shaun Rogers for a useless Leigh Bodden, and in season trade of Roy Williams who I will admit was a shell of himself in 08', but then again he had 5 starting QB's. I think the changes were FAR greater than you think.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by madhador View Post
    That year we also had 5 starting QB's, this is also the year that we went from, in 07' have a WR core of Roy Williams, Mike Furrey (coming off a year where the tandom led league in receptions), Calvin Johnson, and Shaun McDonald to CJ, Standeford, Jennings not Greg, Hannon, Kolbert...replaced Kevin Jones/Duckett/Cason/Bell with Smith(IR), Felton, Rudi J, Cason...that's not to mention the off season trade of Shaun Rogers for a useless Leigh Bodden, and in season trade of Roy Williams who I will admit was a shell of himself in 08', but then again he had 5 starting QB's. I think the changes were FAR greater than you think.
    You make a legit point about the starting QBs but Martz had stupid Culpepper to work with and never had Stafford.

    That offense was looking good with that sorry group in there back then. I'm just saying.....if Martz was our OC now, we would probably have more wins and a better disciplined group on offense.

    Titus Young would be a good exemple. There is no way Martz would have tolerated his antics. Young would have gotten straightened out last year. Linehan is not as heavy handed; which is why he cannot be a head coach.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,469
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    How do the DE's look like crap? The only change was Avril leaving and Gholston in.

    If it looks like crap, then we must have crap on the roster now. There is no way Avril plays here next season so no sense in putting him in there.

    Also, with DRC, I don't see him getting that musch more than Houston in his next contract. He is a better CB than Houston but I would like to have both.

    I think if we pick up a CB in the 1st round, it will be a mistake. I like the 2nd round CB talent better.

    Milliner scares me. I don't think he is better that Dre Kilpartrick from last season and Kilpatrick has been a mediocre/injury prone player all season.

    If you give me a choice between Milliner and DRC, I am taking DRC.
    yes we do have crap at our ends right now and we do need to bring in some upgrades.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,122
    vCash
    1500
    cmonarrez: Schwartz on Gosder Cherilus: "Gos has been very, very good for us this year. He’s played the most consistent ball of his NFL career."

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    16,001
    vCash
    11440
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    KVB will have an 5.5 million dollar cap hit IF he remains on the roster after 3/4/13. If he is released prior to March 4th, the cap hit will be 2.7 million next season (money we have already paid him).

    He WILL be released or at leaset be forced to restructure.
    Do you have anything that shows this? I though I heard that when he restructured the 2nd time we became liable for everything he was owed regardless if he was on the team or not?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    16,001
    vCash
    11440
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Here is my projected 53 man. Players in bold are new comers or didn't play this season.

    QB: Stafford, Hill, Moore
    RB: Best, LeShoure, Bell
    WR: Johnson, Broyles, Burleson, Thomas, Tavon Austin, Patrick Edwards
    T: Backus, Reiff, Cherilus, Fox
    G: Peterman, Sims, Bill Nagy
    TE: Pettigrew, Scheffler, Heller
    K: Hanson
    P: Harris
    C/LS: Raiola, Muhlbach

    DE: Young, Lo-Jack, Ronnell Lewis, KVB, William Gholston
    DT: Suh, Fairley, SLH, C. Williams
    LB: Tulloch, Durant, Levy, Whitehead, Travis Lewis, Bobby Carpenter
    CB: Houston, Rogers-Cromartie, Bentley, Greenwood, Desmond Trufant, Green, Florence
    S: Kenny Vaccaro, Delmas, Silva, Wendling, Spivey

    Head Coach: Jim Schwartz
    Offensive Coordinator: Norv Turner/ Mike Leach/Mike Martz
    Defensive Coordinator: Gunther Cunningham

    Draft: 1st Round: Kenny Vaccaro (S) Texas
    2nd Round: Tavon Austin (WR/KR) W. Virginia
    2nd Round: Desmond Trufant (CB) Washington
    3rd Round: William Gholston (DE) Michigan St.


    Trade: Titus Young, 5th, 6th, 7th round picks to San Diego for 2nd round pick
    You think Best is coming back? And you also think Mike Martz is coming back?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Do you have anything that shows this? I though I heard that when he restructured the 2nd time we became liable for everything he was owed regardless if he was on the team or not?
    Even if the Lions decide to release Vanden Bosch outright next season, they will still be on the hook for all the converted bonus money from the two restructurings, plus the remaining portion of his original signing bonus. By my estimation, we're talking between $5-$6 million.
    http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._vanden_b.html

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Do you have anything that shows this? I though I heard that when he restructured the 2nd time we became liable for everything he was owed regardless if he was on the team or not?
    If you go to rotoworld under contracts, it will show you all the details for all players.

    March 4th is the date this offseason where all players in the NFL are due roster bonuses so that date is the same for everyone.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •