Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    You think Best is coming back? And you also think Mike Martz is coming back?
    It looks like they want Best back. Otherwise they would have cut him already. I would be SHOCKED if he wasn't cleared by training camp in 2013. If he isn't, i'm sure he will need to retire.

I wish we would have kept Martz but I realize I am the minority in my logic for that. He was the best OC we have had in the past 15 seasons IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    It looks like they want Best back. Otherwise they would have cut him already. I would be SHOCKED if he wasn't cleared by training camp in 2013. If he isn't, i'm sure he will need to retire.

I wish we would have kept Martz but I realize I am the minority in my logic for that. He was the best OC we have had in the past 15 seasons IMO.
    honestly I think Linehan is better look at what happened to Chicago while Martz was there. Cutler got killed because of his 7 step drop plays. We don't even have the o line to run 3 step drops effectivly. Honestly I hate the idea of even trying to retread an old lion coach but the only one I would take back is Morningweg as OC...with limited play calling ability.

vCash

Harrison is still technically on the roster...

they wont cut best regardless they are letting him get the health benefits
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post

I would agree with that reasoning if it wasn't for the fact that he is no longer showing signs of a concussion rather he can't get the ok from the doctor to be cleared. I think if the NFL can clear up this lawsuit in the courts over concussions than Best may be cleared this upcoming year...kind of a year off much like Crosby did in the NHL. Yes its a long time to sit and highly likly he is not returning, but one can dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    honestly I think Linehan is better look at what happened to Chicago while Martz was there. Cutler got killed because of his 7 step drop plays. We don't even have the o line to run 3 step drops effectivly. Honestly I hate the idea of even trying to retread an old lion coach but the only one I would take back is Morningweg as OC...with limited play calling ability.
    Cutler got killed in CHI because of that sorry OL as well. I think it was week 2 this season where Cutler was caught cussing out one of his OL becuase he was running for his life every down.

The OL in CHI has been weak for a long time.

Stafford spends a lot of time in the pocket now under Linehan's offense because of some of the predictable routes WR/TE are running, at least with a new scheme, Stafford would stand a better chance.

vCash
    Cutler got killed in CHI because of that sorry OL as well. I think it was week 2 this season where Cutler was caught cussing out one of his OL becuase he was running for his life every down.

The OL in CHI has been weak for a long time.

Stafford spends a lot of time in the pocket now under Linehan's offense because of some of the predictable routes WR/TE are running, at least with a new scheme, Stafford would stand a better chance.
    our oline is not much better...if Stafford was doing big drop backs like chicago did with martz he would be killed week 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post

Harrison is still on the roster because his condition was a life/death matter. I'm sure as soon as he improves, he will retire. It will probably be this offseason.

As far as Best, I think Mayhew is looking at him almost as an additional acquisition/draft pick when he becomes healthy enough to play.

You gotta hand it to Best. He is staying in shape like he is preparing to play next week. I'm sure if he wasn't staying physically ready (like with Charles Rogers after those broken collarbones and smokin all that herb) he would have been gone.

I actually like our strategy with Best because I believe when he returns next season, he will be in the best shape of his life and ready to go.

vCash
    im not as optamstic on him as u.. i think he is done
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    our oline is not much better...if Stafford was doing big drop backs like chicago did with martz he would be killed week 1.
    I gotta say......Stafford spend more time in the pocket (or running around outside the pocket) looking for an open WR/TE than people realize. It may not be too evident in tomorrow's game due to Indy's weak defense, but if you think back, he has to throw the ball away a great deal and make a lot of forced passes.

I think our OL is one of the most underrated in the NFL. Those guys have done a good job keeping Stafford healthy.

Last season, with over 5,000 yards passing, you can't do that with an OL that can't protect. I know our run support could be better, but our RB could be better as well.

I think once we see some turnover in our OL, we will realize how good we had it. Say what you will about Raiola and Backus, but over the years, those guys have been loyal and consistent

Cherilus and Peterman have also improved a great deal since coming to detroit. I actually hope we keep Cherilus around. Another thing to consider is that they all know how to stay HEALTHY. When is the last time any of those guys missed a game?

vCash
    I don't mind Cherilius I think he is a pretty decent RT...I however can not stand Peterman. He is getting knocked on his butt, blown out of his hole, or just flat out gets beat constantly. I really think Peterman and Raiola are the biggest weakness to our oline and would love to see them draft a young C this year. Move Backus to the inside at Petermans position (which would be a more natural fit for Backus) and allow Reif to get the time he needs at LT.

vCash
    Everyone Out

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    its time for this thread to blow up.
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    Best could get in the best shape of his life, but one more blow to the head and thats it. I don't like having to depend on all these injured guys that we don't know if there gonna play from week to week. ala delmas. They are good when they're out there but when you can't stay out there then I think we need to move on.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    The lions need to view best as a "he's not coming back" alternative...I think they viewed it as "he'll be back..." this year due to the lack of addressing the back field via draft/FA. I think we need to draft another RB and move on, best case scenario being best coming back as a returner or WR

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    The lions need to view best as a "he's not coming back" alternative...I think they viewed it as "he'll be back..." this year due to the lack of addressing the back field via draft/FA. I think we need to draft another RB and move on, best case scenario being best coming back as a returner or WR
    I don't want him back at all. And who is that Gunther in you sig lol
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast