Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: jason babin

vCash

jason babin

Got released from philly, WE NEED TO GO GET HIM!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Kevin Seifert ‏@espn_nfcnblog

Babin on waivers RT: @RLiuNFL: Claim order: 1. KC, 2. JAX, 3. PHI, 4. OAK, 5. CLE, 6. CAR, 7. SD, 8. BUF, 9. TEN, 10. DET, 11. AZ, 12. NYJ
    Any teams in front of us that would claim him? And do we have cap space to make it work?
    % of Souls Taken: 100

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    we done we not picking this guy up we got other issues to deal with
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    I see at least 4 of those teams claiming him. Even if we were able to get him, we'd probably pass on it like we did the Jonathan Vilma for a 5th rounder from a few years ago. I'm still upset over that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Kevin Seifert ‏@espn_nfcnblog

Any teams in front of us that would claim him? And do we have cap space to make it work?
    No we don't have the cap space but he is not worth it. He is old and had a lucky season. Now that he is given somewhat of attention he is playing like the average player he is. Not worth picking up his 6 million a year. Maybe after he clears sign him to a smaller deal but i doubt he does cause a contender will probably grab him as an extra pass rush. No team in front will grab him cause they are all out of the playoffs and don't need a 32 year old DE who still has 4 years and 22-24 million still left on there contract.

vCash
    Playing next to our hogs in the middle could benefit him. 6 million is chump change for a pass rusher IMO when you look at the deals that guys like Cliff Avril want. (he's making 10+ million this year too)

Also about the "lucky season", only 2 players have had more sacks than Babin since 2010: Allen and Ware. That's it.
    Last edited by StriveGreatness; 11-27-2012 at 03:58 PM.

vCash
    Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo

Only 5 teams (Atl, Balt, Det, SF, Pitt) don't have enuf cap room to claim Babin right now (need $1.64m). But all could create it by tomorrow

vCash
    I don't think Mayhew is smart enough to do this but......

I would release KVB at 5.5 million/season (and almost 3 years older) to sign Babin.

KVB and Babin have very similar contracts and anyone who htinks KVB will be more productive over the next couple seasons as Babin is a FOOL.

The next step would be to re-sign KVB to a lesser contract (perhaps a 5 million deal over 2 years) and let Avril walk at his stupid 10M number.

OR......you can avoid all of this and release Avril now (because we all know he will be tough to re-sign) and just claim Babin with HALF his money. (Avril makes 10.6M and Babin makes just over 5M; which will go to 4.7M next season)

Take the 5 million in savings and use it on Houston or Delmas on thier extension.
    Last edited by mc18641; 11-27-2012 at 04:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    I don't think Mayhew is smart enough to do this but......

I would release KVB at 5.5 million/season (and almost 3 years older) to sign Babin.

KVB and Babin have very similar contracts and anyone who htinks KVB will be more productive over the next couple seasons as Babin is a FOOL.

The next step would be to re-sign KVB to a lesser contract (perhaps a 5 million deal over 2 years) and let Avril walk at his stupid 10M number.

OR......you can avoid all of this and release Avril now (because we all know he will be tough to re-sign) and just claim Babin with HALF his money. (Avril makes 10.6M and Babin makes just over 5M; which will go to 4.7M next season)

Take the 5 million in savings and use it on Houston or Delmas on thier extension.
    No matter if we keep KVB or release him we are still on the hook or what we owe him and it still counts in the cap. Might as well keep him if we have to pay him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    No matter if we keep KVB or release him we are still on the hook or what we owe him and it still counts in the cap. Might as well keep him if we have to pay him.
    We would only be on the hook for the signing bonus. This is money that was already given to him but can be spread evenly across the "life" of his contract. If any player is cut during the contract, the outstanding signing bonus balance is charged against the cap.

With that said, his cap hit would be 2.7 million if he was released now (rotoworld)

Also, keep in mind that he is due another 500,000 roster bonus on march 4th if he is still on the roster.

I would still like to see Avril released now if we pick Babin up. We could then still have around 5 million left over to use on another player.

Our cap situation just sucks and someone needs to restructure or go!

vCash
    Go for it. It's not like he could be worse than what we already have playing at the DE spot.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    We would only be on the hook for the signing bonus. This is money that was already given to him but can be spread evenly across the "life" of his contract. If any player is cut during the contract, the outstanding signing bonus balance is charged against the cap.

With that said, his cap hit would be 2.7 million if he was released now (rotoworld)

Also, keep in mind that he is due another 500,000 roster bonus on march 4th if he is still on the roster.

I would still like to see Avril released now if we pick Babin up. We could then still have around 5 million left over to use on another player.

Our cap situation just sucks and someone needs to restructure or go!
    This is not right.. Were on the hook for like 10+mm for KVB next year.. I honestly wanna say its like 13mm..

We restructed him atleast the past two years in doing that we converted his cap hit to the next year

vCash
    Jason Babin screams KVB to me all over..

Someone said he is 3 years younger than KVB, YIP F'N EEE so we get 1 decent year of play just like we got from KVB? Whats the point... This guy is like a KVB clone.. Signing him would be like signing KVB all over again and i hear people ***** about him every day on here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    Jason Babin screams KVB to me all over..

Someone said he is 3 years younger than KVB, YIP F'N EEE so we get 1 decent year of play just like we got from KVB? Whats the point... This guy is like a KVB clone.. Signing him would be like signing KVB all over again and i hear people ***** about him every day on here
    Agreed. We need to part ways with KVB and avril for his asking price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    This is not right.. Were on the hook for like 10+mm for KVB next year.. I honestly wanna say its like 13mm..

We restructed him atleast the past two years in doing that we converted his cap hit to the next year
    3/5/2010: Signed a four-year, $26 million contract. The deal included a $4 million signing bonus with $10 million in first-year guarantees. 2012: $925,000 (+ $4.075 million "signing" bonus), 2013: $5 million (+ $500,000 roster bonus), 2014: Free Agent
    roto
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast