Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,067
    vCash
    1500

    Dodgers close to new TV deal with fox, worth 6-7 Biliion!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    nor-cal
    Posts
    4,780
    vCash
    1500
    "So, yes, the Dodgers really are about to have that much money. The challenge, of course, will be to spend it wisely. Unfortunately for the Dodgers, that doesn't seem to be one of GM Ned Colletti's core skills."


    Scariest part of the artical
    Last edited by blue bleeder09; 11-25-2012 at 03:20 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    1500
    These guys new what they were doing from the start. All the experts said there is no way that that they could ever make their money back buying the team at 2 billion and now they are all going to be proven wrong. What they will get annually will cover payroll for the team and front office and everyone down to the ushers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,067
    vCash
    1500
    The Guggenheim group are awesome business men.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The doghouse (wife won't let me in)
    Posts
    1,311
    vCash
    1500

    Dodgers close to new TV deal with fox, worth 6-7 Biliion!

    Colletti with or without money scares me.

    Suddenly however; I feel like Grienke + 1 (hopefully Haren) isn't out of the question.

    Even trading for Shields seems realistic now.. Ethier, Lee, Dee + cash could make it happen... Not saying I like it, just seems possible.


    A Real American HERO !!!





    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    1500
    I just can't wait for the winter meetings to get on the way and i have a feeling that Dre is getting traded. My only concern is they don't give Hamilton too many years.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,004
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    I just can't wait for the winter meetings to get on the way and i have a feeling that Dre is getting traded. My only concern is they don't give Hamilton too many years.
    I feel this is going to happen too. I love Dre but if we can get an ace or 2 starter for him as part of a package, I would do it. Hamilton would be great on a short term deal if we can nab him for 3 years or less. Maybe 4 if we can make it an option for the last year. I dont see him getting long term security because of his history and exceedingly poor play down the stretch for the Rangers last season. We will see though.


    The Past, The Present...



    The Future??!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,067
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think any team out there would take Ethier's contract. Some of you guys think every team has as much leverage as the Dodgers.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    1500
    But will the Dodgers send any cash with Dre if there was a trade?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    433
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012:24453740
    Colletti with or without money scares me.

    Suddenly however; I feel like Grienke + 1 (hopefully Haren) isn't out of the question.

    Even trading for Shields seems realistic now.. Ethier, Lee, Dee + cash could make it happen... Not saying I like it, just seems possible.

    That's a dumb trade for us.. why would we give all that just for James shield..I dont want to trade ethier...all we need is greinke

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    heart of the valley
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    1500
    ^ I think they might have to, but probably not all that much.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,006
    vCash
    1500
    I would trade Ethier + specs for Garza without blinking an eye.

    It won't happen, but damn I can dream.


    baseball

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    42,966
    vCash
    1500
    A few months before they sold the team, didn't the former owner try to pass a new TV deal for only $2 billion that Selig rejected?

    This is 3+ x that amount. That is an unbelievable difference.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    1,530
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiansFan337 View Post
    A few months before they sold the team, didn't the former owner try to pass a new TV deal for only $2 billion that Selig rejected?

    This is 3+ x that amount. That is an unbelievable difference.
    Yes, it was rejected because Selig didn't want McCourt to be able to save his financial issues with the new TV deal and keep the team. If you think about it, McCourt needed the money so bad, all the leverage was on Fox's side. They surely lowballed him, and were probably crossing every finger imaginable that Selig would approve it so that they wouldnt have to do real negotiations with the new ownership group.

    I am not surprised by the $$ for this deal. If you think about it, now that the Lakers are with TWCSN, FSW and FSPT would basically be the Angels and Clippers network, if they could not get the Dodgers contract. It would have been really bad for FSW and FSPT so they basically had to overpay.

    These googenheim guys (or whatever they are called) are also gonna take over AEG (Staples Center, Kings, NFL in LA). They are great businessmen that have seen the opportunity in the LA Market, and are taking it over. In 20 years, we will all look back and say damn those googenheim guys run LA sports and did a damn good job.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The doghouse (wife won't let me in)
    Posts
    1,311
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican dodger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012:24453740
    Colletti with or without money scares me.

    Suddenly however; I feel like Grienke + 1 (hopefully Haren) isn't out of the question.

    Even trading for Shields seems realistic now.. Ethier, Lee, Dee + cash could make it happen... Not saying I like it, just seems possible.

    That's a dumb trade for us.. why would we give all that just for James shield..I dont want to trade ethier...all we need is greinke
    I only mentioned it because others have brought it up previously..note that I said I wasn't in favor of it. It is however, very possible. Dre +cash, dee and a spec or two for Shields. They want shields pretty bad apparently. If the trade Dre they will likely sign Hamilton who is a great replacement for Dre.

    I could get over trading Dre if the signed Grienke also.


    A Real American HERO !!!





    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •