Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Why does the NFL hate the Lions?

Seriously this will be the third time in threes years that the NFL changes a rule in the off season after the Lions got screwed by it. Two years ago we had the CJ incident at Chicago and after the season they changed the rules. LAst season we had week 17 against the Packers where JS had to challenge a fumble ruling on the field. That was over turned because Logan (I think it was) was down and the ground forced the fumble. Later in the game Titus caught a TD but it was ruled incomplete pass and JS couldn't challange it because we were out of challanges. In the offseason they changed the rule now every scoring play will be reviewed. Now we have this crap in the Houston game that the NFL says we will look to change the rule in the off season.

Seriously has there ever been a team that gets the short end of the stick on NFL rules like us?

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue82 View Post
    Seriously this will be the third time in threes years that the NFL changes a rule in the off season after the Lions got screwed by it. Two years ago we had the CJ incident at Chicago and after the season they changed the rules. LAst season we had week 17 against the Packers where JS had to challenge a fumble ruling on the field. That was over turned because Logan (I think it was) was down and the ground forced the fumble. Later in the game Titus caught a TD but it was ruled incomplete pass and JS couldn't challange it because we were out of challanges. In the offseason they changed the rule now every scoring play will be reviewed. Now we have this crap in the Houston game that the NFL says we will look to change the rule in the off season.

Seriously has there ever been a team that gets the short end of the stick on NFL rules like us?

Im only aware of the calvin johnson situation but detroit not the only team that gets screwed and yeah. That houston TD was crap but it is what it is
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    Is it that the NFL hates the lions or is it the fact that we are the constant because we don't finish plays and we make mental mistakes; which puts us on the short end of those situations.

Calvin should have known to hang on to the ball and shwartz should have known not to throw the flag. In the words of schwartz he threw at harbaugh last season, KNOW THE RULES! Now schwartz can eat those words a year later.

Bad rule or not, we need to learn the rules like everyone else. But I agree that it is a dumb rule

vCash
    I hear ya & get it. It feels that way, but really these rules are in effect for every team The Lions just find a way to exploit it.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 tackles sacks ints
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash

Why does the NFL hate the Lions?

Hurumph!

vCash
    In think the NFL hates Pitt a lot more.

vCash
    I agree the team should know the rules it is just crazy that 3 years in a row the Lions had something happen to them and then the following off season the NFL changes the rules. It is just so frustrating. I am still mad about the Thanksgiving game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue82 View Post
    I agree the team should know the rules it is just crazy that 3 years in a row the Lions had something happen to them and then the following off season the NFL changes the rules. It is just so frustrating. I am still mad about the Thanksgiving game
    I'm still mad too. Hopefully it'll fuel our guys.

vCash
    The football gods love to laugh at us. Seriously we always seem to get the short end of the stick.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    The football gods love to laugh at us. Seriously we always seem to get the short end of the stick.
    It'll make it that much sweeter when we hoist the Lombardi trophy
    Detroit Lions NFL's first 3pete Super Bowl Winners.

vCash
    It does seem like the Lions are an easy target. Probably because they have been losers for so long. Just imagine if a bunch of Browns fans were asking the same question. We would probably blow it off and be like "who cares, you guys suck anyway." I think that's the attitude towards the Lions. It's like we are a safe team to screw because we are not respected by the league and other NFL fans.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    It does seem like the Lions are an easy target. Probably because they have been losers for so long. Just imagine if a bunch of Browns fans were asking the same question. We would probably blow it off and be like "who cares, you guys suck anyway." I think that's the attitude towards the Lions. It's like we are a safe team to screw because we are not respected by the league and other NFL fans.
    could very well be.... we also have to realize that its the media's job to create stories for us to tune in to to watch, or radio show hosts to listen to. SUH attracts attention by his nature of exploding into the NFL. Therefore, he's an easy target.

honestly the off the field crap about his reckless driving on multiple accounts don't help.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post

honestly the off the field crap about his reckless driving on multiple accounts don't help.
    I give the guy credit for not being drunk or high, or drunk and high. I think that is pretty respectable. Of course you have to drive a little crazy in an old 'vette or what's the point?
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I give the guy credit for not being drunk or high, or drunk and high. I think that is pretty respectable. Of course you have to drive a little crazy in an old 'vette or what's the point?
    agreed 100% , what the point of having a "muscle car" if you can't "flex it"?

vCash
    CBS SPORTS-
    The immediate reaction among NFL coaches and executives to the events of the Thanksgiving game between the Texans and Lions was decisive, as many expressed to me a strong belief that the rule negating replay review when a coach throws a challenge flag on a scoring play needs to be changed. And, according to league sources, there is an expectation that change could come before the playoffs start.

There has already been some internal communication between members of the Competition Committee, sources said, in the wake of this controversial rule coming into play twice in a five-day span. And that group is likely to recommend this rule be changed at the next league meeting, Dec. 12 in Dallas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast